1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I run with MSAA set to low, car & track details set to medium, Trilinear filtering and no supersampling on my Rift S.
    I find MSAA and supersampling to be the biggest FPS killers when set to higher in VR, so I sacrifice those, until I can buy a 3080, lol.

2. Michael C Turner

Michael C Turner New Member

I have a 3080 and still can't get 90fps in my Pimax with higher settings. You'll probably be ok with the rift s though.

3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have 3090 and can’t get 72 FPS in my Pimax (with Potato FOV!!!) at night / rain AI-race... ;)

4. naudi

naudi New Member

Help...my VR is defective.
    Since the last patch I have the following problem with my Oculus Quest 1 (Quest2 also)
    When i look left in the game, the camera in the cockpit goes right. this directly causes nausea.
    i have already deleted the settings but that did not solve the problem. i need help...

5. ijac

ijac Member

Anyone using an Oculus Quest 2? Does it hold up ok? I don't expect it to be the best but could it be considered a good entry level device?

6. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

My initial testing wasn’t very favourable to be honest. Nowhere near as good as my Rift S, but with a little tweaking and as long as you have a fast enough machine it works very well. I did 2 opinion vids in it - one saying no, one saying yes

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mike1304

Tried today’s update and drove at new Nurburgring track in VR.
    The performance is superb!
    I can drive AI race even at night or in rainy conditions with fluid frame rate (72 FPS on my Pimax).
    Then I tried for example Kyalami at night and I get the same stuttering mess as always with around 50 FPS and frame drops as hell...
    Don’t know what they did with the new Nurburgring but this could be the solution for all other tracks too in VR.
    Will make more tests tomorrow but it seems Nurburgring is the first track I can race at night or rain with fluid frame rate...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mike1304

Do you know which Audio settings are best for VR? I have Pimax 8k plus with headphones plugged in directly to the headset.
    Tried new GT3 Porsche race, but Audio sounds awful. It seems with default settings there are too much (surround?) sounds at the same time my headphones on the VR headset can’t handle!?
    There’s also an audio option called “allow headphone audio mixing” or something like that. What does this do?

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

The Porsche sounds pretty underwhelming anyway mate, it's not the fault of incorrect audio settings.

It mixes the audio to better suit earphones rather than speakers. If you're on a headset it should, at least in theory, sound better.

10. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Could anyone manage to use (enable-open) car info within hud menu which is left to speedometer?
    It is inaccessible via mouse or VR gaze control. What is wrong I am wishing to see brake and tyre info race anyway?!

11. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, I found a way (by chance) to be able to modify the HUD in VR.
    You have to run the game with a smaller resolution, I have a Pimax 8KX, and in order to be able to change the HUD, I have to run the game with a resolution setting of 80%, I don't know what the exact values are.
    But with this downsampling, now I have access to all the widgets in the HUD, all the edges of the widgets must be visible, and I can position them as I want.
    Don't forget to save. Then I can restart the game with the usual resolution, and it works.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Interesting. I'm having the opposite issue with my Rift S, when using a 1080p monitor. The game won't natively let me choose a resolution higher thatn1080p, and setting it higher in Windows doesn't seem to work all the time. I wonder if setting the resolution lower than 1080p in-game also unlocks something. I'll have to test it.

13. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I'm on the same HMD with the same monitor resolution. Set the in-game resolution to your actual HMD resolution by editing the graphics settings file, and then make the file read-only. Gives the same result as above, in that you now have access to all the widgets in the HUD editor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

easy on a 4k screen with windowed mode ;)
    But it seems to be a problem with Oculus mode.
    My hp Reverb is 2160 x 2160 per eye and VR hud editing is no problem with AMS2 in 1920 x 1080.

15. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Some guidance needed please on what VR kit to buy.
    Been using AMS2 on my GTX 750 video card running 1920x1200 (graphics tweaked down a bit).
    I would like to venture into the confusing (to me) world of VR as the YT vids i see of people using VR seem to add a new dimension to things.
    What video card and headset is suggested for someone who only uses the PC to play AMS2 and who doesn't want to break the bank. I don't need cutting edge high end, but equally want something that allows decent FPS in rain/dark. With Black Friday and Christmas coming, now seems a good time to upgrade !!..thanks

16. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

RTX 2070/3070 Minimum, new Ryzen5-5600x, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD
    Oculus Quest2, Oculus Rift-s, HP Reverb

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that is nonsense, especially as he clearly said "does not break the bank". AMS 2 runs very well on my 1060 with a Rift S, mix of medium/high graphics settings. A 1080 would be absolutely fine and can be found relatively cheaply these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sting Ray

Phew thanks for the clarity Goffik as cannot justify/afford the better kit suggested

19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1 TB SSD is overkill too.... HDD is just fine.

A heads up about the Rift S: apparently there is a good amount of the devices have this problem that it goes into sleep mode after you take the headset off and it won't wake up again unless you unplug the USB and DP, plug back the USB, wait 10 seconds, replug DP and wear it back within the next few minutes.

I know because mine is one of those faulty headsets. Searched up and down all over the internet, did all the recommended solutions but got no luck. So using my Rift S is sometimes a little annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sting Ray

Thanks...forums like this are great to get some real world views. I have a 1TB SSD already and a video card update as step 1 would give me higher graphics capability even on current screen, so maybe i take that step, then VR headset next year (still see people saying the resolution isnt great, but is that likely to change in the foreseeable?)