G27 not working right

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Flo Renz, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

Hey I just purchased AMS on steam sale, because I hear from all sides that it is a great sim.
    My problem is, that the Centerspring on my g27 is always activated. When I start the game the setting is always on "digital gamepad" when I change to the g27 the Centerspring (sometimes) get deactivated and the wheel works normal. When I change the button settings the spring is back on.I read basically all threads to this topic. Also the recommended settings in the logitech profiler which made things even worse.
    I hope someone replies.

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

So that is partially new issue, strange that default controller reverts to "gamepad" always on lauch...

Anyway, we did have issues with auto rotation and centering spring on G27.

Advice was:

- uninstall all Logitech drivers
    - run Logitech Driver Cleaner (attached here as it isn't available on Logitech site, it was available on old "wingman team" site)
    - install Logitech driver version 5.xxxx (one valid for G27) ( 64bit driver from page linked below)

Downloads - G27 Racing Wheel

Wheel driver cleaner:
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/wheeldrivercleaner-zip.2899/

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

Thank you very much for your help.I will try that. The gamepad issue was gone after reinstalling the game. The Centersppring is still active but I got used to it. Thx for this otherwise great Sim

4. Domagoj Lovric

If nothing works out, there is a workaround, altho it's not "very practical", it was left as an option if everything else fails.
    If you do find above did not fix the issue, report here and i'll post you instructions for "workaround".

5. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

Alright. I will try the reinstalling of the logitech drivers next week. Thanks for your Help

6. Cenk Muduroglu

Cenk Muduroglu New Member

I think I need the work around been having the same problem with a g29 I made a post.

7. Domagoj Lovric

"Workaround" mentioned is to force game use older Logitech library, and is meant only for G27 and older, G29 with that cannot be recognised.

G29 used to work correctly, I'll check what may be cause.

8. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

Hey I switched to a G29.....same problem.
    I just race with the center spring on. maybe it will sort it out by itself after some time :)

9. Cenk Muduroglu

Cenk Muduroglu New Member

Its really a shame ams has the best ffb experience when it actually used to work. Centering spring just makes it a sad experience

• Like Like x 1