1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Oh, I’m not ruling out adding FX; I merely wanted to put some separation between sessions before tackling additional variables. Next time I fire up AMS2, if the settings I posted above still feel realistic out of the garage, then I’ll start fiddling with FX values to see if they improve my simulated driving experience.

In any event, I suspect the potential adjustments in dynamic range of various FFB effects in AMS2 far outstrip what is needed to set up a Logitech G25/27/920 wheel.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

please devs give us some updated guidance for our (logitech) wheels:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I have a T300 and when I use FX slider, it adds a very grainy effect. It's very unsmooth / blocky. Anyone else have that? What do I miss if FX = 0?

• Like Like x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They really need to explain precisely what effects are included in FX (road texture, tyre scrub, what else?) and allow separate sliders to control their relative weights.

My issue with a G29 is that as soon as you increase FX too much you start getting weird rattling noise (road texture?) that really doesn't contribute anything and is just masking all the other forces. Custom FFB files for the G29 usually turn these off completely, but the Default does not allow this. So small FX values are necessary until the different effects can be separately turned on/off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jefka

Jefka New Member

I prefer fx = 0 (or very low) aswell to be honest on the CSW v2.5. I do like a bit of low force boost to get some "road feel / vibrations" on the straights. In the end I believe it's all subjective to what feels best for you, nevermind what it actually does (in other words, if something is fine in theory but my brain says no I rather have something that my brain likes).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Venturini

Venturini New Member

I'm not getting the steering lock in any cars. Really noticeable in formula cars but its not there. I've tried some custom ffb code lines but it doesn't work. Is is working for you guys?

7. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Are you in Default mode? because some people with T300RS, including me, found all FX are missing after 1.0.5.0, the only way to feel FX is by switching to Custom mode even with the custom file untouched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

No I am on Default. It must be a damn good placebo effect if FX indeed would not do anything, because I am pretty certain I can feel a very obvious change. I did go to custom and back at some point though.

9. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

I was never able to feel flat spots even with the new release. I do my best to destroy my front tires but nothing. I feel other effects very well. Anyone feels it? Is there a better car to test it?

- Default FFB
    - FX = 100 but I tried 0 too
    - Gain = 27
    - Damping = 0
    - Accuforce wheelbase

10. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not getting any scrub FX when wheels are locked, etc, either.
    On a DD2 with default or custom deleted the ffb_custom_settings.txt file too, so it regenerated., but its no different for me :( even with FX at 100 and LFB turned up (to see if was that value that added it)

But, if I use the custom ffb file: Heavy Messing (NuScorpii V2.5) its all there.. and feels quite good at 20fx, I'm just not a fan of using custom files and it seems to be missing a few things after the updated ffb. It existed at some points in prior builds, but seems to be gone again, hopefully just a bug.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you try adding in some Dampening? I understand with a setting of 0 the new stuff is not active, but I may have that wrong.

12. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

A good way to test the differences between Default and Custom regarding FX, is by stoping the car completely, leaving your gear box in neutral and hitting the gas. If you actually have FX at all, you should feel the engine rumbling (increase your FX slider if neccesary).
    In my case, in Default there is no rumble/vibration at all but in Custom it's there. It should be said that I am not using any custom files, so both modes should feel the same so I think it's a bug.

13. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Not a fan either but happened quite the same to me. Tried last Karsten's and although the force textures feel a bit too rough for my taste, I could say that most effects are there with a pretty decent resolution. I thought this was happening only to T300 owners but considering your experience it's possible that endeed this is a bug.

14. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I usually run dampening at zero but I added some yesterday just to see what it would do and it did have a huge positive impact on my T300. I assume it should be necessary as well for direct drive wheels since AMS2 feedback seems to rely on the effect a lot.

With the Mclaren GT3, for example, I couln't feel the braking at all, even with 100% gain, until I added dampening. The same for some situations when the car was loosing traction. The cars feel much more intuitive to drive with some dampening (I'm running 40 dampening), since gain alone will not give you the necessary information about what the car is doing in all situations.

As per Reiza recomendations, I put dampening at 0 on the wheel setting and am running the dampening effect just form the game.

I cannot feel flat spots though. I don't think I ever felt them in AMS2 regardless of the game version.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. sk8

sk8 Member

T300 here. I can feel flat spots. Only on relevant cars though.

16. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

T300. How to get better soft lock and understeer feel? Thanks.

17. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

It's not only affecting Thrustmaster, also on Podium no feel on brakes.
    I think it is independend of wheel.
    If Reiza cannot get understeer/lockup feel in the FFB, they should think about some slightly artificial effects adding to the FFB to response the understeer/lockup effect.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

Yeah. As it is I cannot make this my full time game/sim, because the handling / ffb just isn't solid right now. F1 2020 is flawed, but ffb and handling is solid and consistent. Raceroom also IMO (also not perfect, but consistent at least).

• Like Like x 1
  19. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

i can get lock up feel on Podium but only when it's massive. Its either a massive lock up or nothing - there is no gradual build up , but when I feel it I know there's no going back :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  20. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

And the gradual build up is necessary for me. This I cannot feel. Every brake action is a guessing game for me, and I lose it very often...