1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a good look. Nordschleife delay.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bizarre Formula, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I understand that things often take longer than expected, but when planning something, you should take that into account. You have built up the community's hopes on FB and Twitter repeatedly for this only to let them down several times.

First it was the end of October; delayed. Then a couple more days, then early next week, then 'sometime' during the week and now a few more days/sometime next week.

I don't mind waiting and if you had said nothing, I would have no issue, but it does not look professional or build confidence (especially in your season pass) when you keep moving the goalposts that you, yourselves are setting.

This is actually a suggestion, not just a rant. Why not just say 'we're working hard on an exciting update, we'll keep you posted' instead of setting a specific deadline for yourself and ending up with egg on your face when you fail to meet them?

I'm sure I'll get some pretty strong replies to this but that is how I see it, it simply doesn't look good.

• Disagree Disagree x 18
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems that of late Reiza are 'damned if they do, and damned if they don't'. There are bigger fish to fry in this world than a game's DLC being delayed by 1 week for extra polish. IMO.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Well, this is the first even remotely negative thing I have had to say about Reiza or AMS2 and it was constructive advice, what others choose to say is out of my control.

I'll let you get back to world peace, it just seemed a little ambitious to me in the 5 minute time slot it took me to write this post.

4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Topic of the day:
    !Nordschleife is delayed by some couple of days, once more!
    The world is hard and unfair.

Sorry but I don't understand the problem. I'm also hot for the release weather it is finished or not.
    But REIZA knows:
    If they release an unfinished track / DLC they get beatings as well as if they postpone it several more days. Everything they do will be wrong! Always there is anybody who is not happy with the work they did. That's a shame!
    I think, be happy with that what you have (and there is so much) and keep calm.
    Remember:
    Anticipation is half the pleasure.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They are indeed dammed if they do / don't.

Personally, i would much rather a delay than another rushed, buggy release. I really am not a fan of this get something out and then keep hot fixing it later approach that most developers use these days.

Explain the delay (which they have) and release a finished and polished DLC has to be a far better approach in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

You know what's not a good look? Releasing unfinished, unpolished content, just to meet unnecessary short deadlines. Much better to delay a release and release something impressive (everyone will forget about the delay then) than to release on time and put everyone off with buggy content.

Just give them the time they need.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

You know what looks even worst? Delivering late an unfinished, unpolished content.
    Let’s hope for the best!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Bizarre Formula

Could you could highlight the part where I said I would rather they release an unpolished product than take their time.

Oh that's right, I didn't say that, in fact, I was essentially saying that if they didn't set a deadline they could take all the time they need.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn’t it common for game developers to have a release schedule for expansions/patches/content but to also include the “when ready” caveat during announcements.

Perhaps “common” is the wrong word. How about “always”.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. David Peres

Every single game that I know with a development roadmap of content (like Deep Rock Galactic... AWESOME game) ends up having some delays and changes to that roadmap as the devs deem necessary. Content roadmaps are meant to be seen more as a rough guideline for what is to come and when rather than something set in stone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Bizarre Formula

Again, I'm confused, am I speaking Latin without knowing it? This wasn't a roadmap, it was something they chose to announce publically on facebook and twitter last week specifically saying it would be out at a certain time. That isn't a loose weave roadmap like the one on the season pass store page, it's a deadline that they imposed on themselves, had they not, we wouldn't be talking about it being delayed right now.

I don't understand why my suggestion that they not do that to themselves next time to avoid any negative reflection on them/disappointment it may or may not cause their fans has rubbed you all up the wrong way.

That is of course unless you all genuinely believe that this hasn't frustrated ANY of their fans which would seem unlikely considering 'Alink' said it is 'topic of the day'.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, i get your point completely, and i agree with it in general. They really should evaluate the chances / likely hood of meeting these self imposed deadlines better.
    But i think the point others are trying to counter argue with, is better a delay than a rushed incomplete/buggy release.

The lesser of two evils if you were.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This is exactly the Pimax companys motto.:whistle:

ByTheWay: The only change is that they say: Content roadmaps are meant to be seen ONLY as a rough guideline ...:rolleyes:

14. David Peres

Yeah... I had to change it to avoid copyrights on my post :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Rather than more semi-functional content, I would prefer to see them address or at least acknowledge all the major outstanding bugs: bouncy Porsches with broken suspension, exaggerated camera motion, livetrack that reduces grip randomly when you start a race, broken rammer AI, differentials that lock no matter how you set them making cars understeer into corners and oversteer out of them, force feedback that suddenly goes to full lock until you quit the game, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

First world problems :)
    I actually hope they delay it even more, and then some more, just to annoy you :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Bizarre Formula

Yeah and your 264 messages on this forum about a racing game built hundreds of schools in third worlds countries, supplied them with clean water and food too.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

When I see Reiza say that something will be released on a particular date I know now that this is when they hope to have it released - it is the date they are working to. I don't read it as a promise. Reiza have set themselves a pretty aggressive release schedule and they have been kind enough to share these dates with us. I can understand that people are reading these dates as promises but we really shouldn't be - we've seen delays with pretty much every release so we should learn from that pattern. Things take longer than hoped.

I do think Reiza should make it clear that these dates are aims though and not promises, we might have fewer needless questions and passive aggressive expression of disappointment. (Not implying this thread is an example of that)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's delayed, so?
    Shut up and wait.
    As simple as that...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I can only agree, the steamchart is not good for AMS2.....I know why.