1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be good. As in ACC for instance. I solved the problem with Voice Attack.

2. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.5.1
    Request Title: Engine map button assignment
    Description: Ability to change maps up and down without the need to go into ECU menu. At high speed in twisty track that costs a lot of time. Or a meeting with a barrier.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sk8

sk8 Member

Gear indicator on the 620r is missing. Would be great to have.
    Also in replays, you have to fast forward to get to a point in the race. It would be nice to be able to simply click on the time line to instantly jump to a point like other sims.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

This has been a Madness Engine issue ever since Project CARS 1 in 2015. It was never, ever addressed. I wonder if PC3 has this issue also

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope that a few things that IMHO need changing in AMS2 aren't something that can't be changed because of the Madness engine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if it's a bug or a special, but it would be a great feature if other cars in pits are hitable....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

It's the same in most other sims so it's not a bug. It would be a nightmare to try and get into your pistop if the two pitstops immediately after and before yours where occupied with non-ghosted cars. VR users would probably be OK, but if you're playing on a monitor you'll most definitely hit someone in that situation.

It could be an option, tough. I have nothing against giving players options :)

8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Fully agree this is completely bullocs.
    The replay part is amateurish.
    In LB mode you cant even save a replay with sound included.
    Because if you sidestep that you are unable to actually save a certain of your LB laps by instead launching your single LB lap as a ghost - then you are only allowed to watch it without sound. :rolleyes:
    I mean we write 2020 - right? And we should consider AMS2 as some kind of simulator - right?:rolleyes:

9. alink

If this is an engine problem (how could a modern one have such a poor problem, never ever had this with any other platform) maybe it would be possible just to jump to the end and then spool backward. This would make it more friendly to use if you search a scene at the end of the race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. alink

And how did you get into and out of pit box with AMS1, GTR1&2, EA's F1 series, NR2003Racing, GPL, GP1&2&3&4, etc......???
    I'm not angry about this 'special' but as long as everybody is talking about realism...

11. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

It was actually very easy... I did it by not playing those sims :p
    Except for AMS1 and Grand Prix 3 but I forgot those had pitbox collisions

12. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello Reiza Team, why don't you implement a donation button in the game. So anyone who wants can support you in this way.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like a adjustable track-site-camera-hop-threshold,
    Now the track-site cameras mostly see the cars coming towards them and then hop to the next camera.
    I would like the cameras follow the cars a bit longer or hop later, resulting in more camera views with cars driving away from the camera, I want to see where the cars are going and not where they are coming from.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to see some action to address cheating in the game.
    Seen this idiot on YT actively promoting cheating and actually creating cheat methods.

What (if anything) are Reiza planning to do in response to these types of actions?
    Idiots like this will potentially ruin the game, ruin the charts and make a mockery of this hobby we all love.
    I've reported this particular idiot to YT but no action is taken, can Reiza not do something about this PLEASE?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tomi Mäkinen

Tomi Mäkinen New Member AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: Ability to modify the grid with dedicated server (reverse grid and variations)
    Description: There seem so be no way to change grid positions between races (we are using 2 races back to back without another time trial).
    Benefits: It would be really good improvement to racing communities to be able to change the grid manually and even have possibility to have automatically reversed grid to next race (like in automobilista)

16. Flashgod

Flashgod New Member AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: Option to raise or lower the cockpit steering wheel for VR
    Description: In VR, for a lot of cars, the steering wheel is blocking the view on RevLEDs and dashboard gauges no matter how you setup the seat position
    Benefits: It would be a perfect improvement for racing in VR to be able to adjust the vertical position of the 3D wheel object to always have a clear view on the instruments.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. GBstrGTR

GBstrGTR New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.5.6
    Request Title: "More dynamic track conditions" Option to change track surfaces (like damp, optimum, wet, dry) and option to change weather during gameplay.
    Description: It would be better when we have option to change track surface to dry and rain at the same time (like ACC), so we could test dynamic weather more. Also Im looking forward to see some track rubbering when the grip increases. (and back then clean curbs when the track has "green" surface.
    Benefits: It would be nice to ride on different grip levels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GBstrGTR

GBstrGTR New Member

Request Title: Wet weather should be more challenging
    Description: Im seeing that after update cars in wet conditions are way easier to drive. Almost impossible to spin
    Benefits: More challenging game for hardcore simmers

19. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Request Title: if it's a sim, the cars have to be hard to control, with a difficulty like ACC, rFactor 2 or iRacing, they have all the same average difficulty, and OMG the suspensions need to be fixed asap, and the shadows are awfully aliased, need a fix asap.
    Description: in AMS 2 it is like on a rail (except fpr the stock car), even with no TC, only the rain can simulate the DRY difficulty like in all others games
    Benefits: That's why it's not taken seriously for the moment, AMS 2 feels like a toy, not a sim

16:50
    in 2nd gear, in a turn with full throtte we have to spin, in AMS 2 it's a rail we can't spin. It's too much easy. That's the test to make the difference about a SIM and a SIMcade. Rfactor 2, ACC, iRacing, Raceroom, and even Project cars 2 have succed the test, Forza 7 too ! Only AMS 2 has failed, and it's not a good thing.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I think a lot of people mistake difficulty for realism. Driving a real car is not that difficult, driving on the limit can be, but real life laws of physics make it relatively intuitive for most.

• Agree Agree x 4