1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car auto move in 1st gear

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Navik, Nov 7, 2020.

1. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

Try the old historic H pattern formula cars. Let out the clutch slowly and without any throttle input, you'll get forward momentum. It's completely normal and I'm actually surprised that Rieza have including this function in their simulation software.

2. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not an issue mate, it's completely normal.

3. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Yes it does. My real car has a 3.07 dif ratio with 1 first gear in 3.42 ratio, in 1000 rpm idle, generate 11 km per hour. You can do the math in gear ratio calculator on the internet.

But idle of race cars its not 1000 rpm. Formula 3 for example its 2300 idle. Porsche gt3 around 2000 rpm in idle. Formula 1 V10 its 5000 rpm idle.

So it is possible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

With Formula 1 V10 gen1, if you press clutch down, it will not move on level ground and will move backwards when facing uphill. Works even with autoclutch on.

With the old Mini, and autoclutch off, the engine will die like it should. So all seems to work.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  5. Scoops

Scoops Member

This also happens in rF2 but you have to have auto clutch disengaged. If you have it on and sit on the start grid change up to second then back to first will disengage auto clutch and the car will start to creep.

6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I have a similar question:
    I wonder why cars with sequential gearbox can't be stalled? Maybe today's F1 cars have a 100% anti-stall, but back in 2000s, 1990s, 1980s,... stalled engines when spinning or not downshifting was normal.
    I wonder that I can hit brakes full and stop moving without engine stall. As I think,that's with all SEQ-cars. All H-pattern cars can be stalled as far as I know.

7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Is that with auto-clutch off? AC also works as anti-stall.

8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

All the racing games I have tried had some mandatory antistall feature inbuild.
    If I remember right then it was either in iRacing or Raceroom there was a discussion about should it be possible to disable this feature.
    Hehe it is correct if we compare it to RL historic formula cars and prototypes then such antistall is completely unrealistic. And some kind of game-ish:p

ByTheWay: I guess that the reason this antistall have been included in all racing games is because the devs dont want to answer 1000+ quarelling and moaning questions about why their fu** game dont allow people to start the car without stalling the engine again and again :rolleyes:

9. alink

For me, it's the first SIM with this 'feature' I don't need and like. Wether AMS1, rF, Race07/On, GTR1,2 and so on had this.

10. alink

Just noticed that F3 cars with seq gearbox can be stalled if not hitting cluth!

11. Shriukan

If autoclutch is off (thus also anti-stall is off) and the car has no anti-stall built in then that is intended behaviour.

12. alink

Right, as I know, (F1) cars from 2000s, 1990s, 1980s,... had no anti-stall, too. But these do not stall.

13. Shriukan

Ah I see what you mean. Hmm yeah maybe something to put on the ToDo list ^^'

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

No idea when exactly they started using anti stall systems in F1, but the late 2000s cars had it already. The only sim I know that simulates anti-stall at all is rF2, where the car pulls the clutch back in automatically if you give it too little revs.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020