1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many cockpit views have you?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by BrunoB, Nov 10, 2020.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

When clicking through all my 7 views there is 2 different cockpit views.
    Until now I have allways used the first one in the sequence (#3 here) - but suddenly recognised that there is also a slightly different cockpit view as #5 here.
    Does everybody have this "extra" cockpit view - and further does everybody have exactly these 7 views in total?:confused:
    views 1-7.jpg

2. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The second cockpit view is the helmet view and depending on your settings may include additional elements such as helmet padding around the edges. Also various view behaviours might differ such as look to apex.

When using head tracking in SteamVR mode (but not an actual VR headset) head tracking does not work in the first cockpit view, whereas it does in the helmet view and I think some of the others.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrunoB

Thank you very much for the explanation.
    So you mean that my #5 is actually the helmet view - and my #3 is the orig cockpit view.
    Right?
    But now got interested to figure out if some of the annoying (and often reported) headshake is different in the two cockpit views.
    Maybe there is some sidestepping for this bug possible here :)

4. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

Have been using the helmet view with a small % of look to apex. I do not like the bouncing but it seems better in this view? Just did a race at 5.00am at jerez. It was great and looked spectacular! Even with this bouncy camera thing I still cannot pull myself away from this game.

5. BrunoB

What is your experience of any difference in the bouncing/shaking in helmet vs normal cockpit view?

6. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

I did some more GT3 races at Imola in both views and it a little bit different with the look to apex (Helmet View). I would not say its better though. Thought maybe it was but still about the same. The GT3 cars seem to have the least amount of bumping/shaking. I did compare it to Raceroom, same car same track. Raceroom does have the same movements just not so pronouced!

7. BrunoB

OK good to hear.
    If the GT3 cars are not bouncing unrealistic then we can hope the eyepopping bounce and shake in formula cars are solvable. :whistle:
    Im using the helmet view now (without helmet :D) but I will try your proposal of look to apex.
    But the times I have tried it in other racing games I have felt it was rather artificial and "swimming".:D

8. BrunoB

@Ron Watmore
    Look to apex is absolutely NOT to my taste :p
    If I had been using them VR goggles I had vomitted instantly:rolleyes:
    The sideways drunken swing n sway was even worse than I remember from other games.:D

9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I also never use look to apex. Feels very unreal to me. But perhaps it feels not natural because I”m using a triple setup. I move my head to look at the apex.

10. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

I use Ultra-wide, so no LtoA here...

11. BrunoB

I have to admit that beside the awkward swimming feeling I feel that the sideways movement goes the wrong way.
    I mean I understand that its the drivers eyes that is looking into the corner - but because this movement is managed exclusively by moving the front of the car AWAY from the corner the whole sequence just looks goofy and completely un-intuitive (to me:p).

If I had created this feature then the car in relation to the screen and track(!) should not be changed - but it should only be the sight (and head) of the driver there should be turned extra into the corner - dependent of the Look Into Corner value.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. BrunoB

Oh man - rereading my proposal above I now think I have somewhat got some pure heavenly revelation when I got the idea of a new kind of "look into corner".
    It could function like in RL - I mean where the front of the car doesnt suddenly point away from the corner when you desperately try to look into it.:p