1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Force Feedback with Logitech G923

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Cameron Thomson, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Cameron Thomson

Cameron Thomson New Member

Hey,

Recently got the G923, at first it wouldn't let me assign the steering with the custom wheel option, but that works now.

Now, there is no force feedback at all while I'm driving, FFB settings are on default.

Any help?

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Sry not the same wheel but g29. I have had the issues of no assign after updates and reinstall of docs folder. Wheel could be calibrated with pedals but to assign I have to go into a session and assign in pits, this is after restarting game. It was/is not always required which makes it odd. Have also had wheel not recognised at all between session.
    Sometimes just restarting from steam will return all to normal.

Main issue remains today and yesterday of PC as Admin user ffb weak but is there and menu return spring not working but as guest user all is good and ffb is very good with good torque (for this wheel)
    I have today reinstalled fully AMS2, AMS2 beta and Logitech drivers all folders.
    Reinstall of game did not cure! later version of logitec deleted and earlier version left in. This is the only driver I can use to calibrate with. Does the game not recognise the 923? too new I guess
    Sry if none of this helps

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are a few guys having trouble with the G923 in PC2 also. The version of the madness engine that is the base for AMS2 is how it was about two years ago, before the G923 came out, which probably explains why it isn't directly supported. Apparently even Logitech themselves had to stop using PC2 to demo the G923.
    Some have reported improvements by using a custom FFB file, but it's still not great. I'm sure Reiza will fix this in due course, but it's not your fault.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Maser V6

Just finished over an hour with sort wheel. Deleted all logitec drivers. Ignore windows saying all drivers are up to date, 3 shown with wheel g29(properties) shown in devices window, its a red herring:mad:
    From logitec allow auto detect of os and downloaded g hub. latest. (windows will also update after logitec update)
    reboot pc, ams2, (steam recognises g29 as it did before. AMS2 same id g29 , sees brake pedal and clutch but no throttle!.:(
    restarted steam and ams them all calibrations ok and full menu spring wheel centering at all times and adjustment strength now works.:)
    Suggest full delete of any logitec files via admin and reinstall from them, then when rebooted windows update will also update another driver.
    May or may not help u but worth a try.
    Now hopefully my loss of wheel between sessions will end, and full strength ffb at all times not half power on admin and full as guest.
    Good luck
    edit simple test adjust menu spring strength in game if it makes no difference then the ffb will be incorrect also (weaker)

5. Maser V6

Also had this to
    before the above post

6. Viktor Navorsky

Viktor Navorsky New Member

That is no excuse. American Truck Simulator recognizes it just perfectly and its a much more older title and engine.

7. John Hargreaves

Lol, not offering an excuse, but it is a reason ;)
    That post was four months ago, how is it working currently?
    Also - welcome to the forum.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Viktor Navorsky

Viktor Navorsky New Member

Sorry if i sounded aggressive. Not my intention.
    Yep, still a problem. My G923 can´t even be calibrated...the game doesn´t recognize the inputs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Hargreaves

If it's any help, this is the thread I was referring to in the PC2 forum, some of the guys there have had a degree of success, maybe it will help until Reiza fix things
    New racing wheel from Logitech - G923 - Page 2
    When I had my G29, PC2 would occasionally lose my wheel, but if you assign the buttons/axis in edit assignments, then go back into calibrate wheel, it would pick it up again. Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.