1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GI Max gear indicator (symprojects) not blinking

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Haris1977, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I do not know if this is just not supported or is it smth with my setup, but my gi max - though it works - wont blink - in gear changes (i use the option “read ingame shift light state). In rf2, rre ,works as expected

So i guess the game doesnt support it?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps you get it blinking, with Fanaleds or SLIMax Manager, Fanaleds makes my Thrust-master rpm-leds blink in AMS2

3. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Err, that's a good question, actually. I use the GI Max as well (in addition to the old GT wheel plate on my G25) and I remember enabling the "read in-game shift light state" option, but I don't actually remember if it works in AMS2 or not (since I mainly pay attention to the shift LEDs on the wheel plate). Unfortunately I currently don't have AMS2 installed, either, so I can't check if it works.

If it doesn't, you can set the blink state to something like 97-98% of maximum RPM instead. It won't necessarily reflect the in-game shift light state a hundred percent (that is, if the car in question has one) but it gets the job done well enough.

Ah - I just checked the simdata according to symprojects, and apparently PCARS 1 & 2 do not send data for the shift light state, as opposed to rF2 or AMS1. So unless Reiza Studios specifically added that option into the sim, it's unlikely to work.
    SimData

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I really hope Reiza will implement this (like other titles do) cause it s part of the immersion. In the meantime i will try the 98% of the rpm range (but i m not sure if it will work or not..)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What did you try to make it work?

Automobilista 2 (Or Pcars2) isn't in the SimRacingHardware compatibility list, so you will have to be inventive.
    Did you asked SimRacingHardware ?

My Thrustmaster TS-PC leds aren't working natively, but Fanaleds make them work.
    And flashing, if you want you can set a threshold per car

It has a display option
    Perhaps it recognizes your display?

fanaleds.JPG

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I ve made it work by selecting the "shift light ON when rpm exceeds 95%"

This option works for almost all games (except DR2)

7. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Yup, that's the reason I've preferred this option in the past. :) As long as the RPM is available as percentage of max RPM it always works! (Sadly some sims such as those by Codemasters or the ETS/ATS series only send absolute RPM data, so there's no easy workaround to accommodate for the different max RPM per vehicle.)

• Agree Agree x 1