virtual rear view mirror, zoom

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Petrolhead, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

is there any way to zoom the rear view mirror?

problem is cars behind look a fair distance away when in fact they are close

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

In some more advanced sims its possible to change the FOV in the virtuel mirror - or the FOV follows the general settings of FOV.

ByTheWay: I agree fully that it is irritating to have one FOV looking forward and a complete other when looking rearward.:rolleyes:

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Shots fired :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In that regard, iRacing is miles ahead of AMS2, there is no denying.

Not meant to diminish or glorify one or another sim, but when sitting in the cockpit of iRacing cars I feel much more comfortable and pleased than the other sims, including AMS2. One of the reasons is that I can adjust the mirror angles to my needs.

What really fks the iRacing experience is the monthly fees (due to current exchange rates, woes of the underdeveloped countries) and the tyre model or whatever is causing the iceRacing behaviour. Ofc there are other minor ****e like washed out colors and weird as fk lighting...

• Like Like x 2
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I was a member for many years but cancelled ONLY because I gave up waiting for a reasonable tire model.
    For me the car "behavoring" against the virtual tarmac is the main thing in any racing game - and I consider iRacing as the absolute worst against the competition in this area.:cool:
    What makes this iRacings biggest bummer is that their complete 24/7 service are almost perfect(IMO).

ByTheWay: Because my main focus when I chose a goto racing sim is this TM issue then Im pretty satisfied by the way my few favorite cars in AMS2 reacts(F-Reiza/F-V10G1).:D
    And because of that Im also resonably relaxed about all the bugs, shortcommings and missing features in AMS2.
    At least for the moment :whistle:

6. Petrolhead

I also use RF2 which you can adjust the mirrors

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

On some cars! Even official releases don't work and are pointed skyward. The McLaren open wheelers (can't remember which one) come to mind as an eg.

8. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

9. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Yeah that also annoys me but I have get used to it and know that they are too closer than they seem. But maybe useful for seeing a wide range of area behind. However adjustable fov would be nice

10. Snowmind

Snowmind New Member

Has this issue with the weird mirrors FOV been addressed yet (or in the pipeline)? It is very annoying and distracting having to use the rearview camera all the time, to be able to gauge the distance of the cars behind you.

11. Petrolhead

It would be great if you can do this as the FOV is all wrong, the cars look way further away than they are