Stuttering issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by OlivierMDVY, Aug 25, 2016.

1. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

since the latest release I've got some stutters on several tracks.

For instance, on VIR, there are FPS drops when I'm close to the trees (drop from 59 capped fps to 51 fps)
    Or on the track Mendig Bergschleife there are some FPS drops on the runway at the end of a lap.

I didn't have this issue with the release 0.9.98

2. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

Maybe this? (from the manual):
    [​IMG]

3. OlivierMDVY

I've found the solution!

Disabled the DynHUD!

This guys was OK in the previous version but now it's a resource hog!

By the way if I try the CleanHUD I've got an error message about missing overlay files, however I did a files integrity on the game and everything was fine :(

4. OlivierMDVY

I've managed to edit the DynHUD Original overlay and removed the mini map, now everything is fine! Looks like the mini map is the culprit.

But is it a new version of the mini map? The old one was better :)

5. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

how to disable DynHUD?

I noticed and also have read some other forums (german speaking and english speaking) same problems in BoxerCup, when you drive up and close to the rear of another vehicle, the Frames drop massively, on my system from a constant 60FPS to under 20FPS, stutters become some massive, and if i add a field of cars beyond 30x vehicles, FPS drops below 10FPS, almost frame by frame movement, and i use only settings exactly as per PDF manual from AMS/ REIZA.

SOMETHING is just NOT right!

also my system is - OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit,
    MOBO: Asus RVE | CPU: Intel i7-5930K | RAM: 32GB Corsair Dom.Platinum DDR4 3000 | GPU: 2-WAY SLI Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X | SOUND: Asus RVE Onboard & Asus Xonar DGX | DRIVES: Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD, 850 EVO 256GB SSD and Seagate Hybrid 4TB SSHD PSU: Corsair AX1200i 1200W

(and just for the record, have no problems with any of the other games, AC all in ULTRA highest setting @60FPS, rF2 and R3E, DiRT also have constant @60FPS, i run 1080p so all is capt at 60FPS - if needed it or benchmark, i have close to 200 or over 200FPS)

here interesting read if someone wants to read, posted on RD, with the problems, before v1.0 and with v1.0 (Question about in game graphic):
    the attempt to go to 16xQ (16x Multisampling) from 8xQ (8x Multisampling) in nvidia profile inspector and start the game results in crash to desktop and and completely frozen UI.
    (2x, 4x or 8x sparse grid supersampling, does not cause crashing or frozen game)

...this is so far what i found out, wish fresh installation and following manual of AMS. (and still haven't found if there is SLI compatibility bits for SLI usage and which bits to use for AMS)

perhaps something to read about antialiasing ... am sure there is more out there to read and understand, but it rather seems to cause some complete hang ups/ freezing of game with AMS when you attempt to start with anything but 8xQ.
    So either setup/ go with what REIZA instructs and don't change since nothing higher works and game freezes/ hangs up.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ialising-setings-for-the-best-image-quality-/

fresh installation of AMS, I have tested on 2x PC's (computers) now:
    ( 1 ) Win 8.1 + 2x SLI Nvidia GTX Titan X
    ( 2 ) Win 10 + Nvidia GTX 1080

and same results! anything above 8xQ freezes and hangs the game. the rest exactly by the book and by the instructions of AMS manual (PDF).

Attached Files:

6. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

Easiest way is by remove/rename (for example by putting dot at the beginning of the filename) d3d9.dll in the Automobilista main folder.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rocafella1978

i tried what others have written about, what @hex suggested and noted/ pointed out, and actually worked for me. (tried it twice with original file and without the file/ renamed file) stutters/ problems only when original file is there, no stutters and no problems without the file. of course don't know for sure or what it means, but worked for me.
    taking the DLL for DynHUD -> "d3d9.dll" simply rename to "d3d9.dll_original" and no more FPS problems.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Then you lose Dynhud, right? What alternative are you now using?

• Like Like x 1
  9. rocafella1978

i use any of the apps/ dash softwares out there which make it possible to work with, for now testing EKSIM (SLIMax Manager) but going to test some others out, SLIMax Manager is great though.
    for telemetry, there is an app i have not tested which i downloaded on RD, but also want to test out Z1.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

slimax is cool, unfortunately without DYNHUD there is no trackmap and I need that for multiplayer:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game runs very bad in v1.0. Just played Boxer@VIR and it's an unplayable slideshow stutter and stop and go motion.
    Frequent stutter on other tracks and combos as well. Some run better, others worse, but very inconsistent overall. I'm using basic gfx preset (never used such a low preset before, was always on high/full).

Running 60vsync/fps limit at 100 set in game. The fps counter can't keep still, the image is twitching all the time. What else can i try ? Can't possibly set gfx even lower than this...
    I'm even getting fps drops when just sitting in the main menu or browsing through menus (drops to 40fps when i go to controls menu, for instance). o_O Often i'll drive off from the garage and the fps would be at 30 and after a couple seconds it would throttle up to 60. The game obviously doesn't run properly on my system at the moment...

Had stutters pre v1.0, but this is the worst i've experienced in my SCE/AMS play time. This is unplayable.
    I wonder what the problem is here. It may as well not be the gpu and it's something else
    that's interfering. But what ? What else can i try, where to look for culprits ?

Thanks

12. ZoltanSz

ZoltanSz Member AMS2 Club Member

I just wanted to open a topic like this.

So I just played since 1.0 release. Started a new formula vee championship and the first race was on interlagos but I couldn't make it through the practice because the game heavily stuttered...

Like seriously the whole game just stopped for 1-2mp from time to time while steam overlay showed 81fps constantly. (I capped the game at 81fps with amd software).

WINDOWS 10 64bit
    7790 2gb amd gpu.
    Fx6300 six core amd cpu.
    8gb ram.
    Automobilista beta (I guess 1.02) Sweetfx off. In amd software 4x AA and 16x AF. In game basically everything high.
    360hz ffb and g27.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jan Mikuž

Thanks for the input. Hopefully we can come to the bottom of this. :)

14. Jan Mikuž

Just exited a session and i experienced another fps fluctuation.
    Doing nothing, just sitting in the menu.

15. deceda

deceda Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried to disable Steam Overlay? It is known for having/ causing some issues.

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The only suggestion that comes to mind is trying to disable DynHUD and SweetFX in case you´re using both / either, as those are external renderers which have received modifications as well as extra options since v0.9.8. See if that helps you isolating the source of your performance issues.

On the game side the main performance-impacting modification has been substantial optimization to LODs and shadows for both cars and tracks, while the gains from those may vary according to your system / settings, you should definitely not experience a performance loss relative to v0.9.8.

If there are DynHUD related stutters, it might be worth out your dynhud.ini in Plugins\DynHUD and make sure logging level is set to "ERROR". Higher logging options can be quite consuming.

17. Jan Mikuž

Yes, i have the Steam overlay disabled.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  18. Jan Mikuž

Thx, Renato. Will give it a try.

I use native HUD.
    DynHUD was making things worse in previous builds already, so i chose not to use it.
    Is DynHUD disabled when i'm not using it or do i need to delete it/delete some files or smth like that ?

p.s.: Did you check my video above. What do you make of it ?

19. ZoltanSz

ZoltanSz Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried to disable steam overlay and dynhud It makes no difference. :(

20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The video is Private Jan so I can´t see it.