Automobilista v1.0 is RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, dedi tool in a remote server, these options do not appear, people are getting mismatch on original tracks >_<. Game is not even installed here yet, Steam reseted my download when I went to sleep, crap!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

My mistake there too guys, apologies - it should be OK now (restart Steam to update the Dedi tool).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Now it is there, thanks :)

4. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I deleted my controller presets from my userdata, because i felt the steering was not the same as before, tires were locking up strangely (it was the same after the last major update, when it was also advised to create a new profile)...
    I now validated the files but the controller folder was not created anew in my userdata and there are no controller profiles to choose from in game.

Where do i find the updated V1.0 controller presets ?
    Should i just copy/paste the controller folder from the userdata folder in the main directory ?

Cheers

5. Fred Hough

Fred Hough New Member AMS2 Club Member

I deleted my controller presets from my userdata, because i felt the steering was not the same as before, tires were locking up strangely (it was the same after the last major update, when it was also advised to create a new profile)...
    I now validated the files but the controller folder was not created anew in my userdata and there are no controller profiles to choose from in game.

Where do i find the updated V1.0 controller presets ?
    Should i just copy/paste the controller folder from the userdata folder in the main directory ?

Cheers

same problem here
    cheers

6. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fred, i tried copying the controller folder from main directory. Feels better.
    I think i got the latest controller files running now...

7. Fred Hough

Fred Hough New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Jan, that's done the trick

8. luck21678

luck21678 New Member AMS2 Club Member

virtualxperience You can see the ping?

9. Conor Duffy

Conor Duffy New Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there is a problem with the Formula Reizas suspension.. I'm pretty sure the ride height setting is having the opposite effect on the cars handling as they should. Lowering the rear of the car is increasing high speed oversteer, instead of reducing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Will Mazeo

Didn't check online replays with other cars yet but the Marcas seems to be floating a bit.
    Hopefully the server replays are as smooth as in SCE at least, didn't have a chance to look at them yet after update 1.0

Btw I think would've been better if the virtual xperience was a launcher with all the info currently in the portal instead of a site (I'm still trying to find out how or why people would check the site tbh). If you could select all you want also for a offline race right in the launcher could be good too. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  11. Tommi

Tommi Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations on v1.0 Release, Reiza Studios!
    I have a lot of good memories of GSC, FT and AMS. And it's a very special feeling to see v1.0 Release.
    Thanks again for a long time development and great titles for us Sim Racing fans! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

@Renato Simioni Can you confirm that the implementation of throttle maps per gear is not here yet for cars beyond the Formula Reiza, such as the Formula Extreme or V12?

13. Diego Balzarini

Diego Balzarini Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it normal that I still have an error when exit from game or configuration tool? Everything works though

14. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll report a possible inconsistency of version 1.0 in long races...
    Today in multiplayer long race event ( 79 laps only ) using the Boxercup in Goiania, many people had trouble locking and lag during the race. The grid had about 25 cars and at least 1/3 of the people had to abandon it because of that.

15. subaru555

subaru555 New Member

what did you do? im getting it after verifying GC because AVG gave AMS A general Behavioral Detection and it deleted the .EXE file

16. Will Mazeo

Let me guess.... they were using DynHUD? I had no issues, deleted it to be safe, using GID now
    Good race btw :) wish Reiza would invest on rejoin tho, would be helpful for those that lose connection early in the race

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know Will. But it is not cool to be forced to delete an official plugin for not have problems in the race. Btw, rejoin would be perfect.

18. Renato Simioni

Check your system memory load - its a 32bit app so it can only use up to 4gb. There will be instability and risk of runtime errors once AMS is over 3.2gb.

To stay safely under it the series max number of opponents must be observed - in the case of the Boxers, the field should not exceed 22 cars.

Only the V10, Reiza and Extreme ought to have individual gear maps, of which only the Reiza does atm. The other cars all have standard maps for all gears.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Will Mazeo

Is there anything we can do? Lower track or car setting?
    It's hard to get people to race online sometimes and when managing to get a 30 car grid is not cool to be limited by the game, specially with a great car like the Boxer :(

20. Renato Simioni

It helps to lower opponent detail, circuit detail to a lesser extent.

We´ve been trying to find more optimization in some of the heavier series but any eventual gains from this point are likely to be merely incremental, ultimately the software has the specifications it has and trying to bypass them will inevitably compromise its stability.

• Like Like x 1