Automobilista 1.0 not working - troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Maximo, Aug 25, 2016.

1. BassCabMan

BassCabMan New Member

Running as admin don't work for me.
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: AMS.exe
    Application Version: 2.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 57bc9dfc
    Fault Module Name: AMS.exe
    Fault Module Version: 2.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 57bc9dfc
    Exception Code: c00000fd
    Exception Offset: 00ea6fd6
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: d668
    Additional Information 2: d668d97aa319b8e54417c4606cdf1e54
    Additional Information 3: 7d28
    Additional Information 4: 7d28da5886f57b50c9ba95e95694c4e6

2. Maximo

Maximo New Member

:D Success! :D Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 fixed the problem with Automobilista v1.0. Didn't need to run as admin either. I have always run a bare-bones install of Windows on my gaming PC's. Never had a problem with any game from Reiza. This is the first time I've had to installed SP1 to make a game work. On a side note, the configuration tool still causes an APPCRASH when clicking OK even with Service Pack 1 installed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yeah the Config crash on exit is an old nuisance, but it´s after the Config writes the settings so it´s inconsequential.

So those with the CTD on game startup, please make sure you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed.

Thank you all for patiently contributing to figuring this one out.

4. Maximo

Maximo New Member

Any idea why SP1 is now a requirement when it never was before for any Reiza game?

5. Synthbent715

Synthbent715 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ditto that, my PC has had major issues with SP1, therefore I cannot update and I have had no issues with any other game.

6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It´s a bit puzzling. The conflict is with the 3rd party DRM system we use but it´s the exact same software with the exact same settings we´ve always had for SCE / AMS, so in theory there´s no reason why it would become an issue just now. We´re still investigating it.

7. Synthbent715

Very strange. I'll wait and see if you guys can figure it out before attempting to try and re-intsall sp1 and go through all that mess again, thank you.

8. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the link. One of the first things I tried was deleting the config.ini and also replacing the config.ini with the version from the beta which works fine.

I'll try again and feedback here.

9. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@hex that fixed it for me despite deleting the config.ini before when I was trying to fix it (I deleted the whole automibilista setting folder).

Thanks.

10. Jim Percy

Jim Percy New Member AMS2 Club Member

my o/s is windows 7, i can confirm that installing service pack 1 got the game running after much frustration, still issues with white side screens on triple monitors in menus, but all screens work fine once on track

EDIT: side screens returned to a nice shade of black by changing sweet fx configuration to "original" in video configurator

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Ok If I lauch the game inside Steam it works ok...
    But If I launch the game usign logitech profiler, as usual, after 1.0 steam gives me this error...
    Error.JPG
    I launch AMS Beta but Steam says AMS...
    AMS is the only game affected by this...
    Win 10 Pro 64Bit AU here.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  12. rvieira

rvieira New Member

I updated to SP1 and the game works fine! Is a bit strange why!! I guess can be any library that was fixed on SP1 Win 7!!

13. Synthbent715

Alex, Renato, Any luck on figuring this out for those of us who can't update to SP1? I will be purchasing a SSD and moving to Windows 10 in about a month but I really want to play AMS before then.

14. OleGreyGhost

OleGreyGhost New Member

@DaVeX

I also had a strange problem with the Logitech profiler x64 dated 2010 [v5.10.124]. As I tried to go on track, the game froze with the throttle wide open. G27 Wheel & pedals would not function. After verifying integrity and re-acquiring 6 files I got the game to run.

Running Win 7 x64 w/ triple monitors.

Shut down for the night. On start up, the game loaded. While trying to exit a track, the MS keyboard froze. This happened 4 or 5 times.

Unplugging the keyboard & wheel would reactivate the hardware. It seems after a shutdown, restarting the machine would re-activate this problem. This was really very strange. Then I tried to access the profiler software to further diagnose the problem.

From your picture I see we have the same G27 wheel. Below is the picture that came up when I accessed the profiler software. I do not even know what model that is.

With v0.9.8r everything ran fine. After the update to v1.0, these strange hardware problems appeared.

To make a long story short, I just deleted the Logitech profiler software, figuring it was corrupted. I was going to re-install it. Instead of re-installing the software, I just loaded the game.

So far, the game is running without any problems. Shut it down 3 times and cold started it back up. The hardware problem seems to have been solved. Wheel & keyboard have full functionality. FFB functioning normally. Will test more tomorrow.

It appears that the profiler software is not needed. Reiza can comment more on this.

Hopefully this info will help you or anyone else experiencing problems with Logitech software.

P.S. GSCE & GTR2 will function without the profiler software, though I understand that GTR2 relies on it more for added functionality....

Attached Files:

15. DaVeX

Well @OleGreyGhost your problem was very common some time ago, the solution is very simple even if not so obvious, see the video:

So you can reinstall Logi Profiler and keyboard driver (if needed), if problem occur again follow the steps on video and you will be ok...
    Btw, on my system all works perfect, I can run AMS and use the Wheel, I can't launch it from profiler but I think the problem is from game itself, as you can see on my pic even if I tell to Logi profiler to launch AMS beta, steam recognize it as AMS...

• Like Like x 1
  16. OleGreyGhost

OleGreyGhost New Member

@DaVeX

This morning it locked up again. As the machine was booting I noticed the wheel stuttered & skipped while being activated. I went into device manager & it said everything was OK.

I was going to check for updated hardware drivers, when I thought to check back here. If it wasn't for the video, I would have missed the problem.

It seems the USB hid compliant driver is the culprit & I would have thought MS updated it. They haven't produced a driver for their keyboard in three years.

Thanks again for the heads up....

17. DaVeX

Have you followed the video after the problem pop up again?
    Happy it works to you too, mate!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  18. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Windows service pack 1 was released in 2010,the only reason I can see why you can't install it is if your windows install is stuffed and in that case its time to reinstall or you are using a hacked copy of windows 7 and should sort that out before asking for help?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Synthbent715

Nope, running genuine Windows installed from a genuine windows disc. I'd really appreciate not being hassled about my asking for help under the implication that I'm a thief.
    Yes, SP1 was released in 2010, I have had problems in the past trying to get it to install 100% and work properly. I am pretty good with computers but this whole issue got me to the point where I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. Up until now, not having SP1 has not been an issue because of the 200+ games and numerous racing sim's on my PC that do not require it. I have been a huge fan of GSC, Formula Truck, and now AMS. Reiza is one of my favorite developers so If the solution to this problem is now that AMS requirers SP1, I can live with that and I will wait until I get my SSD and Windows 10. It's obvious that the move to SP1 was not intentional on their part and I was just hoping they could get it solved so that I could play before I get my PC fixed up.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  20. OleGreyGhost

OleGreyGhost New Member

@DaVeX

I followed the video & it cleared up the problem. Started up the game today w/o any problems.

Upgraded my nvidia drivers and applied some new settings to GTR2. When I went on track, it locked up at wide open throttle, the same as it did with AMS.

The profiler shows the USB Force Wheel again. Went back in thru device manager & re-applied the USB update as per the video. Now showing My G27 wheel.

Every thing seems to be working fine for the last couple of hours. I started with GSC2013 back in 11/2013 & never ran into this problem, till update v1.0 for AMS.

Was this a permanent fix or is this a constant & randomly recurring problem???

I do have Win 7 Pro v6.1.7601 w/ SP1.....