1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

It prob. makes sense to have the best versions of custom files for each wheel base present in the first posts, so if any of you have a specific revision or modded file that works extremely well, then maybe we could reach consensus on what should be there?
    Best would be if based on the most recent versions of silver raw or heavy messing, so it's the simplest to change parameters.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, forget consensus, we can post the files people find the best for their wheel bases :) No problem having multiple for each base. So anybody posting their fave with info on car types & wheel bases to go with it we can simply put there.
    I know we're a very little crowd here, so don't hold it back :)

3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I think your opening up a can of worms there.
    So many variables involved it’s impossible to please everyone.
    Then you have advanced users who have enough understanding to tweak files to find right balance for themselves & rookies that just want plug n play .
    I think the latest files offer everything needed to find the right feel for most , the core signal is there, it’s just a matter of having the info there in layman’s terms next to scales for adjusting .

Im personally having to readjust my files and sliders to match a slightly different feeling wheel now, yesterday I did a mod on my T300 , I swapped out the plastic rollers for steel ball bearings. It’s made quite a difference in terms of less friction and speed of movements. my old rollers were sticky and one was harder to spin than the other, causing a unbalanced friction depending on left or right and tension from gain.
    Im adding more gain now because I can without it getting to stiff for example.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Karsten Hvidberg

Nice!

Reg. the can of worms you might be right, but all I'm saying is I am happy to post whatever any single person finds great in the very 1st post of this thread. No matter which ffb file it is, hm, sr or anything else or whatever adjustments are made.

Just a thought to make it easy to find all in one place & for the spice/fun of it :)

5. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi Karsten,
    Sweet Jesus .38 finally gives me the loss of rear grip I've been looking for on my logitec driving force pro! I've only tried it with the merc gt1 at Spielberg, but man it is great.
    Thank you for looking out for the little guy wheels:)
    I'm using mid file stock. 35/60/60/0 in game and 100% in wheel cp.
    Previously I had to go back to .36 ...37 and 39 weren't as good IMHO. I missed 38 so I tried it and love it.
    Danke Karsten for your herculean effort!
    One question...rember that heavy braking effect from like.16? You thought it was unrealistic?
    What would I alter to get more of that back?
    Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karsten Hvidberg

Ah, great feedback!
    Yes, the dual lfb with the grip loss that takes the lfb in account should exactly do that!
    We have some new settings that I will spice with v38 & a little extra change & then add in your request as an extra variable "exaggerated_brake" or something like that.

Until then, change this line:

(travel (* (/ 1 300) (/ kmh 3.6)))

to these 2 lines:

(brake_centering (+ 1 (* 10 brake brake_feel (abs (min 0 acc_dec)))))
    (travel (* brake_centering (/ 1 300) (/ kmh 3.6)))

and reduce "brake_feel" at the top to 1.0 ! (or death by brake)

Thanks again & best regards from dk,

-K

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kuku Maddog

I finally got around to trying these scales out after all that’s been going on with other items and I’ve completely lost my way over the last couple of days experimenting.

so back with .36 and using the above scales, I really like the direction it takes the feel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree 31 is the one for me on the DD2, quick blast with Panos ~& 38.1 and back to 31. Not a scientific test and will revisit

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kuku Maddog

my current settings with 6.6.5.39 _ 45/55/40/0
    Screenshot 2021-01-16 210437.png Screenshot 2021-01-16 210220.png
    Still fine tuning , but this is feeling nice to use and helping consistency,
    Has a nice full weight without overpowering peak force.
    Probably on soft side for track bumps etc. but i dont mind that as its tiring with some tracks.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

Where did you get the steel ball bearings? I'd like to try what you did with my T300. Less friction should let the motor last longer before it heats up too much.

Thanks for all you guys are doing with the FFB mods.
    I think a base FFB for each type of wheel would be a good idea. Fanatec, Thrustmaster T series, Logitech, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

So far, for me, v. 38 feels like a very good baseline for the Fanatec DD1. Formula V2, McLaren GT3 v2 and a custom classic formula rim.
    Tested with the following cars:
    Formula Classic Gen 3, Formula Ultimate, Porsche GT1 and McLaren GT3. Spa, Imola and Nordschleife.
    Same settings for all, I only adjust gain for the different cars.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

Great, this is exactly what makes sense to post for info in that first post, along with the file, so I will add direct links from the descriptions.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Many Thanks Panos and Karsten for the special DD version release of .38 Panos' Blend tuned to Simicube2, appreciate having a version tuned to the DD.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Karsten Hvidberg

No problem,
    I think we will post multiple for each base, so prob. at least 1 more coming for the SC2 soon.
    Then also for DD1/DD2 and so on, hopefully suggestions for improvements & the actually best versions will be easier to find!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi Karsten . Glad to see you are continuing your amazing work on these custom files . Have been out of the game for a while now and things seem to have moved on massively ! Have to say I don't know where to start now , could you recommend a file for a Fanatec CSL elite please ?
    Thanks in advance .

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Good to see you back!

I would say the 38.1 version. Then it's highly subjective if mid or high is your preference and your feedback on good/bad and adjustments is appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

Guys, I will just post the files and with comments that you've posted about so far and will keep doing so.
    Also, any time there's a request to "post it", I'll just do so no questions asked.

18. Kuku Maddog

I was luckily able to source local, the only non rip off supply in my country happened to be in my town. You will just need to google micro bearing supplies in your area. The big bearing merchants were 10x the price.
    Otherwise try eBay or Ali

19. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

Would you know what size those bearings were?

20. Kuku Maddog

3x9x4 (MR93 ZZ)