1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things I Like & Dislike About Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Tarmac Terrorist, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ola!
    Im starting this thread because im loving this Sim right now, and have loved seeing it evolve and want to see Reiza do well. Also want to tell them what I really love about this sim (which is a lot!) and what could be potential hiccups holding it back, so any criticism is cause i like it, otherwise i would bother spending the time making a post here in'it!
    I'll make a short video example of each subject, as its just eaisier to illustrate things clearly that way.

Obrigado Reiza btw for making lockdown (here in the UK) actually loads of fun, as i get to drive more AMS2!

So first off: Mandatory Pitstops

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Also aswell as criticisms its also very important to acknowledge the things we love and want to see stay in the sim, or maybe have more of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Sorry meant to post this in AMS2 general, not AMS, will repost there.

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Replays (& Damage)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

For anyone still ahving problems in cockpit view with movement, or slow FPS in VR in Helmet Cam, I really hope this helps (of course you may have figured it out already). Absoloute game changer for me!

• Like Like x 1
  6. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

World movement is terrible, so I am happy they disabled legacy mode by default. IRL your brain stabilizes the world around you.
    So setting legacy mode on is completely unreal.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Good that there is an option for everyone!

8. Tarmac Terrorist

Not so much a Like and dislike video this, more of a Like, like, like! A.I. are getting better and better, I can't wait to see how they refine them next!

THE WASP & I AUTOMOBILISTA 2
    Thankyou Reiza, Simply Increbible!
    I was'nt even gunna make a video today, damn am I glad I recorded this though!
    Get Comfy sit back, enjoy!

9. Tarmac Terrorist

Did Christams come again?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

They only already done gone and fixed the fix!

11. Tarmac Terrorist

I really shoulda just called this thread "Things I like about AMS2" and just left it at that. Bravo Reiza, you knocked it out the park with this one!

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I prefer the Open-wheelers Vintage Retro and Classic series, but i also like the GT3's.
    The GT3's in ACC have some strange back-end behaviour. I can't trust them, every time i try them i will surprisingly loose my back, and i'm not able to catch it. It is like once you spin your are not able to correct it and the car keeps spinning. The other thing is the strange working of the clutch of most of the cars which i don't like.

13. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@SaxOhare - Thanks.. Just curious.. :)

Ops. Just noticed I posted in the wrong thread.. Sorry TT.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  14. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That you lose the back of the car so easily in some cars is due to the last aero update. It is necessary to adjust the aerodynamics in the setup menu. It is no longer enough to just load the aggressive setup and hit the road. IIRC ACC devs found a better way to calculate/simulate aerodynamics.

Aris was talking about this during one of his streams a couple of weeks ago.
    It would be great if there was an information in ACC itself, though.
    There are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to "correct" the setups for the cars which suffer from the aero update or which now show strange behaviour especially in high speed corners.

Hope I could shed some light on this. Cheers and good luck!

15. Tarmac Terrorist

The subtle differences between the G40 Cup & G40 GT5 Just make this a joy to drive in its slighty different but certainly noticeable flavours! I really do think this thing is an absoloute gem!

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Its all good mate!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Gotta say AMS2 & ACC are two titles im enjoying the heck out of atm. I guess aero is damn hard to do seeing as, well simulating air must be bloody difficult. Just had a thought, are there any sailing simulators? I guess MSFS must have some kinda air simulation?

18. Tarmac Terrorist

This latest update has proved to be one of my fav's! A small one, but its done so much good stuff, A.I. in wet is just one big improvement, not perfect but a big leap forward, have discovered a nasty steering bug whilst pitting that took me by surprise though.

19. Tarmac Terrorist

The Copa Classics feel so damn good since recent updates, and the racing is just awsome!

THIS ONES FOR ME NORFOLK BOI'Z!
    Hi all, this one ought bring back some memories, remember those old cars we all started off in (when we were young, ger), low power, drum brakes on the back, little hatchbacks, hand me down saloons from our parents, those wicked back roads to Kings Lynn?

If I've tagged you in this video its because you are either mentioned in it in some car related story, you remember these kinda cars and will appreciate, or you either race or like racing.
    Anyway, grab yourself a bag of popcorn, cuppa tea, beer, some green stuff, or whatever and I hope it takes you enjoy (as much as I did making this today) and it takes you back a bit!

Time stamps in the discription below the video if you need them.
    Oh and please leave a comment on the Youtube video (not here on Facebook) if you have fond memories of our old jalopys[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like your replay videos very much! I only play in VR and I’m not happy with the replays in VR. Most of the time there is only 1 camera on start/finish line and an ugly depth of field effect.
    I would like to drive in VR (cockpit cam) and afterwards enjoy my replay in 2D (TV style) on monitor like in your videos. Is this possible out of the box or do I need additional software? I don’t want to post my replays somewhere, I don’t even want to keep them saved on my computer (to save space). I just want to watch a 2D replay of my VR race but with external cameras like watching a race on TV...