1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I always close ASW and gpu adaptation. Wait OTT is already doing it for me.

2. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Is the oculus tray tool worth downloading? Will it allow me to improve experience?

Thanks

3. ToMythTo

Yeah totally, but using it with its true power takes time IMO.

4. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Do you turn supersampling off in game? I have it at 1.2 at the moment. Any chance you could put up your settings? my specs should be in my signature

Thanks in advance

5. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

So, I know this is against common consensus but I feel like MSAA gives me really impactful visual clarity versus using SS. I'm using a Valve Index.

It's such a big difference that I question if my in-game or SteamVR SS even works in the madness engine.

For example, if I have MSAA Med in-game and then set SS to 1.5 in SteamVR or in the game's SS I don't really notice much of a difference. Maybe a tiny bit more of distance clarity but config sharpening improves on that more IMO. However, applying MSAA High is a huge jump in visual clarity (albeit with a huge performance impact). Coupled with sharpening it's a really good visual experience.

How do people honestly feel when comparing both? I feel like SS isn't working for me in the Madness engine like it does in other VR titles where there is a much more noticeable change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Donato

Donato Member

Hello everyone, for example those who own Reverb G1 and want to get the best visual performance / quality I can recommend the following settings. SteamVr sets me automatically S.S. at 150% giving me an excellent graphic rendering, for those who have my hardware (now almost obsolete).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    good work

Attached Files:

7. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

My personal experience (it may vary for another person), MSAA makes big difference visually for objects farther away and SS makes objects closer look sharper. The game looks fantastic with medium MSAA in VR, IMHO. SS supposedly doesn't work with SteamVR and only works with Oculus VR.

8. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

Hi everyone. I'm encountering a new issue as of this morning. In short, my graphics settings (in particular, the resolution I set at the main menu "performance settings" screen) are not saving. I see a message asking me to exit the game before the changes will take effect, but when I exit and restart (even after a complete system shutdown), the settings have defaulted back to their original values.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful. In particular, I prefer to run the game resolution at the lowest possible settings (this makes the menu difficult to read, but seems to improve performance significantly for me without affecting the actual resolution I see in-car in VR), but it keeps reverting to 2560x1440p.

9. ToMythTo

Here are my all settings. You may not get a constant 80FPS every time but it looks spectacular to me.
    IN-GAME SETTINGS;
    AMS2_perf_Settings1.png
    AMS2_perf_Settings2.png
    AMS2_VR_Settings.png
    config_oculus.xml.png

AMD RADEON 5700XT GPU SETTINGS
    Radeon_Graphics1.PNG
    Radeon_Graphics2.PNG

Radeon_Tuning1.PNG
    Radeon_Tuning2.PNG

OCULUS TRAY TOOL SETTINGS
    OculusDebug.PNG
    OTT.PNG
    OTT_AMS2_profile.PNG

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Thank you very much. This will give me a lot to tinker with and experiment. Final question as i am unfamiliar with amd but is my pc (SPEC IN MY SIGNATURE) and yours comparable?

Thanks for taking the time
    baz

11. ToMythTo

Actually 2070 and 5700xt more or less similar due to performance. Gpu settings may vary you should search for best settings about your gpu. I remember to search for best visuals and undervoltage with optimum performance. I’m sure there may be similar things including nvidia.

12. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I have set up same as yours above with game settings and tray tool settings. 1 question I do have as I am reasonably happy with what I have but how would I sharpen up the dash on the car as digital numbers are not very clear. I have been testing using the McClaren gt3

13. ToMythTo

I think it is something to do with madness engine, since you are not the only one struggling with that. The devs could come up with a solution as well.
    However, until I see a really bright soluton (tried lots of things btw) I would think that my VR resolution just can’t handle that much of detail unf.

14. dihedral3

dihedral3 New Member

Hi everyone!

VR newb. Have had the Oculus Quest 2 for about 2 weeks which is my first HMD and have been using it pretty successfully with MSFS2020 flight sim. Doing that only requires using the Oculus link app. Can you point me to what software I'll need to run AMS2 in VR with the Quest 2? Do I need Steam VR? Any tips like things to look out for or do or not do would be great too but even just the app's I need will get me started and I'll dig in and learn the rest.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  15. Chris89

Chris89 New Member

No additional apps needed. Plug in the Quest, activate Link, start AMS2 in Oculus VR Mode. :)

One thing I'd like to throw in here for Quest users: I have recently discovered that changing the rendering resolution in the Oculus Software for the Quest 2 (in my case) from 1.0x to something like 1.3 or even 1.4 improved my picture quality MASSIVELY. I didn't even need to sacrifice a huge amount of graphics settings in game for that and I think this is the one setting that has by far the most potential to improve your experience!

The thing there is that 1.0x does not mean full 1:1 resolution. If you want the full resolution of the Quest 2 to be actually used you would need to set the slider all the way to the right, which you could do if you have insane PC specs. What I want to say though, is that this setting is not supersampling, it physically determines what resolution of the headset is used.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. easy81

easy81 Member

Hi all guys, I am writing to you because I have recently received my first VR so I am really new in this world. I got the HP REVERB G2.
    My hardware is starting to be unsuccessful:
    I7 8700K @ 5.0 Ghz CPU and 1080 gtx GPU with overclock.
    What advice do you give me to turn decently finding the right balance. I set in steamVr 1796x1760 36%. and in windows mixer reality set 90hz.
    In game I have set almost everything in low-mid and I turn to 90fps but the quality is not the best ... what should I do to improve? thanks again SO MUCH!

17. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you are going to struggle with the 1080 on the reverb g2, its quite a beast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. week

week New Member

Try with 60hz mode. I have a 1080 ti and with everything in low, except MSSA medium, I play with 72% Supersampling with Reproyection disabled and solid 60hz. Maybe you can try with 50% SS...

60hz mode makes a bit of flickering, but during a race I hardly apreciate it.

19. easy81

easy81 Member

[QUOTE = "week, post: 117314, member: 6553"] Prova con la modalità a 60 Hz. Ho un 1080 ti e con tutto in basso, tranne MSSA medio, gioco con il 72% di Supersampling con Reproyection disabilitato e solido 60hz. Forse puoi provare con 50% SS ...

La modalità a 60 Hz fa un po 'di sfarfallio, ma durante una gara non la apprezzo molto.

20. week

week New Member

ASW.
    When the computer can't achieve 60/90 fps (depending on your settings), activates ASW in order to block the fps to 30/45 fps and avoid stuttering. If you disable ASW and the computer can't afford 60fps, you'll have a bad experience... In that case try with less super sampling. Is better to play smooth than "nice".

Go to steam VR, take your G2 controls and push on the three lines button. Then go to graphics settings and disable reproyection (default in auto). Close steam VR and launch de game in Steam Vr mode.

Tell me about the results. I recognize 60fps mode is not for everybody, but in my case works fine. Don't worry if it looks terrible in Windows Mixed Reality screen, in game looks far better.