1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

NO Reset please, I will be enormous disappointed if that happens again.
    There is no need, the Aliens will be unbeatable again and it will take a awfull lot of time to set the Times again,

And there will be errors in the the database after clearing the TT-times
    By the last reset it costed me at least 100 hours to set some times again on several tracks because the database wasn't cleared in a proper way I had to be faster than i was before the reset before my TT times were written again, and even now some tracks won't register my times

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yippee ki-yay :p:p:p

ByTheWay: Just to show my good will - but also to check if my negative assesment above of the new trash-ish(IMO ;)) combi F-Reiza/Goiania was wrong or too harsh - then I completely moved the documents/AMS2 folder away and started without older setups.
    But no difference compared to my negative assesment.:(

3. BrunoB

Did anybody call my name?

ByTheWay: Hehe just joking ofcourse :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice one.. :cool:

I tested the 3 GT1's at Bathurst and I couldn't touch my previous 2 WR... Flu has a hold of me so it's probably screwing with me so I wasn't sure if it's me or the update or both.. Now I know it's both..

5. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I would say there is no point resetting the Lbs until Reiza feel the game physics wise is at a point of adequate improvement.
    Only slight tweaks are needed in the future.
    Then I would say wipe the lot so we know where we are at in terms of build No etc.
    But also it would help if the time set had a date alongside the time etc.
    Unless a car is alot slower/big changes then a car Leaderboard wipe would be a good place to start.
    GINETTA G40 GT5 and CUP seem to be in the wrong classes when in TT.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BrunoB

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  7. SaxOhare

I just tested the G3M1, The car feels great and isn't slower than it was before,
    All test done with the same setup as my previous TT-times were recorded.

Silverstone 1975 no chicacane 0.2 seconds slower
    Nurburgring Vedol 1.2 seconds faster
    Interlagos 0.02 seconds slower
    Brasilia 0.638 faster

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Might be track depending and how fast you were before update. Torque and grip level have been changed, so, there is a difference.

Jump right in on Kansai GP Track in TT and try to do a 1.36 or low 1.37

edit: a little bit faster with the default ffb file, as it is more forgiving than the custom one i use. but not as detailed and informative,street feels flat on many parts of the track, even when the gain is on the edge of clipping with the wheel i use right now. i just love strong ffb. jesssuz, i do not want to tinker about the ffb again.o_O

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  9. SaxOhare

The start position on Goiania External is at the beginning of the straight, It would be better placed before the last corner.

10. BrunoB

Conserning TT in the F-Reiza then either the default setups are very good suited for Nordschleife - or maybe the 2 drivers on top of the LB really are aliens :eek:
    Because it is pretty frustrating that they just use default setups - and is impossible to come near :D

ByTheWay: Hehe "frustrating" in a good sense I mean. Challenging :whistle:

Nordschleife2020 LB.png

11. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Car: Caterham 620R
    Track: Donington National & GP
    Version: V 1.1.1.0.1502
    Times are not being recorded on leaderboard even though it's a valid lap in TT

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  12. SaxOhare

The start position on Kyalami Historic 1976 is at the beginning of the straight, It would be better placed before the last corner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SaxOhare

Not the fastest, but my time got recorded,(620R on Donington)
    perhaps you did a faster time before the big-launch-reset, you have to improve on some previous recorded but deleted times.
    I had some track car combinations not recording (and still have some), I keep notes of my TT-times in a spreadsheet. So I knew the times I did before the reset, once i improved on the time noted in my spreadsheet my TT-times were recorded again.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On reflection taking into account various posts across numerous threads, i don’t believe the issue any longer is if cars are quicker or slower but rather do they drive differently. This alone makes a pretty strong case to reset LB’s as in my opinion people will lose interest fast and this part of the game will die.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Was this deployed in one of the 200+kb updates..?

During the week I received 2 or 3 of them.

It seems to me after those couple of little updates to have even less grip than the initial 1.1.1.0 deployment..

I'm not complaining. It's just what I feel and see on the stop watch.

16. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Well I tried the M1 Procar and went slightly quicker on the one track I tried so that would suggest the grip is the same as previously - well for the M1 Procar anyways.

As for resetting the LB's i'm not fussed either way as my laptimes are to be honest very beatable for people like Nemesis if they tried (if I set a fast time then I expect better drivers to beat it). It is useful, and quick as a testing ground to muck around with setups - even though I don't know what the hell I am doing for the most part and just go on how they feel to drive without using telemetry.

Although a possible solution would be to have a separate column with the build no. then this would show if the time has been achieved with the latest build and the setup is still suitable. Or additionally include everyone's all time lap records with build no. (if this is technically possible). This would be fair to people like SaxOhare whom have invested a lot of time & effort. If the LB's were wiped monthly it would discourage a lot of people from setting new times.

It would also make it clear quite quickly once enough new times have been set if individuals all time lap records are still even attainable and compare how different cars lap times have changed over time.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Would be nice to see which driving aids have been used by players in the leaderboards. It is not urgent to me, but would be a informative extra.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. BrunoB

What what?
    I just thought intuitively that no aids was allowed in TT mode.
    But I was wrong ;)
    Because after checking I fully agree with you - it would be constructive to know which aids some of the more unreachable aliens use (if any :p).
    Because of your post I just checked if my own aids was disabled.
    And as can be seen they were;)

ByTheWay: Personally I think no aids should be allowed in TT mode - hehe and furthermore cockpit view should be completely mandatory. :cool:

TT aids.png

19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agreed.
    In short most if not all start positions are too close to start line, all tracks would benefit from at least 100-200 metres further back, esp as throttle takeover is a little hit and miss, on curves.

Id prefere a manual start 1/2 or 1/4 lap (short tracks) back with no ai control.
    Would be useful,
    Edit did a 4 lap test TT in retro bt44 inter historic felt great with trans mods and beat time, cut session short to race but was great fun in last nights update. race and TT

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. SaxOhare

The Puma052 seems of, I think it is due to BOP-ing it into the GT5 Class.
    I tested on Brasilia Outer, Cascavel and Goiania External,
    It is more in balance with the Ginetta G40 now, but I miss 8-10 seconds compared to the old Puma times