1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg I haven't tested anything yet ... I just loaded the file * 47 LOW, I launched the game and I tried two configurations ... the first time 50-50-70-5 ... and the second time 80-80 -70-5 ... I tell you on the confidence that this is a great file .... in both configurations I had a WOW effect on the GT3s at SPA ... :cool:
    In the first case a lighter and more informative feeling with a not very full center but still full ... and in the second case the feeling is of resistance, fullness in the center that overhangs the effects a little but they remain present ....
    I must say that in both cases I have a great feeling ... fantastic !!!

Would you advise me whether to start from lower or median values (both Gain and LFB) or I start from high values for both?
    Or the median Gain and the high LFB ???

For how the file is conceived, in order to cover a wider range of cars what do you recommend??? Always Low Gain possible and the conseguence LFB for full center??

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Guys,

In v47 I accidentally adjusted "suspension_scale" down to 0.7 from 0.9. I'm liking it better at the old 0.9, just to let you know in case you're missing a little of that as well. Will be adjusted up again in v48, I think.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Stakanov,

I tend to start at lowish lfb, not 0 maybe 5-9 or so, at first and adjusting gain up to where it feels like it makes sense overall & then use LFB to fill in the rest at the end and finetuning gain. But it's always a slight ping-pong between them. I would in general avoid gain above 75-80, simply to keep some headroom & for the increasing force effect by velocity to still be present. That one starts wearing off at gains higher than 70's.
    So yes, as you say at the end, low-ish gain at first, then use it to fill in, but at the same time being careful on not overdoing gain as well as LFB. It's really hard to say what works best for other wheelbases however :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Thanks mate! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Karsten your knocking it out of the park, loving ver .27 !
    You fixed exactly what I was referring to with the cornering forces.
    It's feeling so good out of the box I'm going to stop any further tweaking and just drive :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karsten Hvidberg

Lately I'm having the issue that when testing gt1's it a hard decision to end the test 8)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Muzzy

Muzzy Member AMS2 Club Member

Could anyone please post his settings for CSW2.5? Both driver and in-game?
    I tried the one recommended in the official Fanatec forums but it's simply horrible...
    Sorry for the possible off-topic request...

8. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks dear, I started from the slightly heavier version 80-80-70-5 ... I removed some clipping peaks going down to (70-75) -80-70-5 ... I ALSO TRIED THE V10 GEN 2 AND MP4 ALWAYS AT SPA AND IT'S WONDERFUL ... SO I THINK THAT WITH THE CARS ENOUGH STABLE (BOTH WITH OPEN WHEELS AND COVERED) GO GOOD ... I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE CENTERED THE SIGN :cool:... GREAT FILE!!!;)
    Now I am left with the problem of being able to tune in with the more swaying cars such as the Catheran, Le F. Retro and Vintage without dropping the values themselves too much ... if I can, I start to optimize the file even if I think that this time there is little to tune!!!:whistle:

I know ... the LFB is high but with these qualities I don't want to sacrifice myself for a few cars ... we'll see ...

Thanks .......

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

.47 is very good :) Have done some preliminary testing, and haven’t changed anything in the file besides setting suspension_scale to 0.9 as that is what it was supposed to be. Other settings feel nice out of the box :)
    I may turn down scrub slightly (personal taste), but have to test a few more car first.

I’ve now turned off all filters on my DD1, even speed sensitive damping is off, as the oscillations are a lot more controlled now. Again, very nice work by Karsten and his associates :)

(DD1, high end file)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

I just tried .47 and find it very good. Thank you.
    I'm using a T300rs in game Gain 90, LFB 50, FX 50, Damping 50. Using the mid version of .47
    TM control is 80, 100, 100, 0, 0

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

hello Karsten.

I am starting to do some back to back comparison between Reiza default and your variant of the FFB by curiosity.

I posted in the Stock FFB thread but didn't get traction, are LFB/FX tweaking influencing the same thing in the Reiza current definition compared to yours? Do we know?

thanks so much

12. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Nolive, I hope all is well with you!

It's almost the same. I've had Silver Raw use a different curve for a while & that worked well at low-ish lfb values, but not so well when going higher, since it then hurt the high end force details too much, so I went back to more normal LFB recently. Also it was hard for people to switch between Default and custom when there was this difference.

Now the only difference is that in Silver Raw v47 it is using "dual lfb", one LFB per front tyre. This gives a more distinct feeling of each front tyre. The strength of the LFB should be appr. the same.

Best,

-K

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’m probably sitting in the back of the class by myself, but I’m not finding .47 to my liking . ive tried and tried to find settings in game and in file that gives me a steady and consistent feel that feels as good as .45.

it feels strange or vague around centre at times while feeling tight others , and has some unnatural feelings mid corner and exit , that don’t seem to match what I’m expecting or seeing. , like it’s either delayed or not reduced fast enough. im not getting the sense of relative grip that I do in .45
    Mid corner adjustments don’t correlate as well and aren’t as smooth and quick.

I just feel like there’s to many force’s acting and they aren’t in harmony. .

Since .46 it’s been much harder to switch between cars using the same settings in game, with .45 I can pretty much set and forget gain and lfb , The smoothness and speed of the wheel is consistent, and the different physics of each car can be felt without the doubt of if I’m optimised in terms of FFb.

I just can’t find the balance of usability and sensory information with .47 unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

yes doing well.
    weekend time to test FFB you know:D will try your latest PC2 one in my evening starting soon over here

perfect explanation as usual, I am clear now thanks again for the quick reply:cool:

15. Karsten Hvidberg

It seems likely this is an effect of running high LFB values.
    LFB exaggerates the low forces, which is normally just fine. If you run very high LFB it still can be fine, depending on what you like.
    Maybe try and run higher gain & lower the LFB and see if that helps.

(The dual LFB probably further exaggerates this as well, I will add a fix for that part in v48. It still cannot fix the overall issue of running very high LFB, so if you are sensitive to the skewing that brings with it you have to go the higher gain/lower lfb route.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  16. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I feel like v48 wip lets me reduce LFB MUCH more and also feels cleaner and generally better as far as torque balance goes :) so 48 should be a good one!

17. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

Apologies did not really have time this week to turn a wheel so only a quick feedback session

Ver 47 - only had 5 minutes and as a tantalizing comment, I would suggest that @mikk-schleifer and @Michael-enright have a go as I am seeing convergence with 31. The lightness on cornering and the vague feeling around the centre are now gone. I upped the gain slightly and fx but got to say its the best after 31 I have felt. Need more track time but the fact I didn't delete straight off is going in the right direction for me

just noticed the suspension comment so maybe this will cure the need to up fx?

@panos-schoino many thanks for taking the time to create a bespoke file, although i do have to report it wasn't as good as 31 and after trying 47 i am not sure feedback unless you have a specific request is worthwhile.

Combo - as i am focussing on a car that i am driving in a league in the interest of fairness and to provide wider feedback what combo @karsten-hvidberg what combo would you like me to test

If people want my current settings they are here Fanatec DD2 Settings - Share yours

if I get chance I aim to use both 31 and 47 in a two race league event tomorrow for more comparison so will let you know how i get one

thanks again for all your efforts and dedication to the ffb cause

• Like Like x 1
  18. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

No worries mate, it was an interim attempt until 0.47 was ready to be posted. I am happy that you find 0.47 good so far. I.r.o the combo i am not sure if Karsten has a preference, i would say GT1s, GT3s should be ok. Also, for .47 please try various settings for lfb,damping and fx. Any values that feel right to you should be fair game. For reference, with my SC2 pro i am using gain mostly in the area of 30-40, lfb 5-20, damping 5-20 and fx 50-60.

19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

i’ve been trying all sorts.
    settings similar to panos don’t feel too bad and generally sort out the corner exit weirdness.
    but i’m finding turn in a bit lazy and lacking nuance and accuracy.
    and in mid corner on fast bends i’m getting this odd knocking feeling similar to scrub but slower , it doesn’t seem to reduce if i turn scrub scale down.
    i’m not sure if it’s to do with hotfix, but i’m significantly slower with this set up .

20. Karsten Hvidberg

I think I've read multiple people being slower bc of recent game physics changes, so might not be related to changes in the ffb file or your ffb settings.
    The feeling you get in corners is actually a new effect mostly present on cornering. I can tune it down for v48.