1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. god666

god666 New Member

Audio engineer (should) adds a lot to immersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mid race save plz! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Shareable and human readable setups.
    Also more telemetry output for 3rd party tools like car params.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sergio Rafael Lemke

Sergio Rafael Lemke New Member

- Lower the fonts size overall, preferably changing them for something less comic sans.
    - Disable focus on mouse hover.
    - After last person presses 'start' do not jump right on the race, give a 10 seconds cool down for preparation.
    - Give some hints on optimal tire pressures per class.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

The same for off line races too. Give the player some extra time in order to prepare. Maybe a visual of the starting grid with the other cars or smth else...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

The ability to save a lobby configuration and recall it later (along with other favourite combos) so you don’t have to spend 10 minutes each time to setup :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love this so much, not just the time you have to spend to get your settings right, but then you have the frustration when you started the race and have a setting wrong.
    A time consuming workaround is, run a dedicated server with the preferred settings and load your race from the server, leave it and start a lobby race, it will remember the settings from the dedi-server

8. ToMythTo

Online TT Leaderboards; so that it could be used by third party apps to be parsed and organized etc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato could you please tell us if the online leaderboard is coming?

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some sort of graphic in the leaderboard to show when the AI have pitted in single player like in ACC. The number of times they have pitted would be cool, just next to their name or time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dong Woo Kang

Dong Woo Kang New Member

Not sure if I’m posting this in the right discussion...
    Based on game build: v1.1.1.1
    Request title: Adjustable steering lock/ratio for Karts
    Description: The karts are already very fun and convincing in AMS2, especially the 125cc 2 stroke karts. However, for me it feels like I’m having to turn the wheel too much, even using full rotation into some tight corners in dry conditions, based on my very limited real life experience with K80s and KT100s and some time playing with the Kartsim pack for Rfactor 2. I think the steering settings related to steering ratios are greyed out in the setup page for all karts. I have no experience with Rotax or IAME 125cc engines, but I think the steering should be more sensitive, allowing a more delicate, calculated driving style that utilises the kart’s property of throttle steering.
    I just thought it would be beneficial for players to have control over the steering settings in the setup page to further replicate the driving behaviour based on their real life experience or preference!
    Benefits: More sensitive steering inputs, more control over the setup configurations

12. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Strange, i m having exactly the opposite issue (karts are very sensitive for me, because of the 180 dor)

Would love to see a 250-270 dor instead

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the explanation, I would like the option to change from colors to the temp in numbers in the hud, I only see 3 colors Blue, Green and RED, I think because of my colorblindness I see the Orange and Yellow as Green,
    The only time I see a slight difference is when not all tires have the same color, but even then I can't tell what color a tire indicator has, If It is Green, Yellow or orange I can't tell

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. ToMythTo

Steam workshop integration for mods would be cool and feel more game friendly just like in the rf2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dong Woo Kang

Dong Woo Kang New Member

I think most racing karts are naturally very sensitive to steering inputs, probably because of the puny tyres combined with the geometry of the chassis and steering system. The karts I've tried were all very responsive, you barely put in any steering input in cornering!
    Well... I'm no expert so I don't know exactly what the steering related values should be like. Maybe some veteran Kart drivers here could share their thoughts as well!!

I think in RF2, you could set the steering speed (or ratio?) to "slow" (more input to turn) or "fast" (less input), depending on what feels realistic or comfortable to you. I think it would be nice if we could have control over this.

16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Exactly this. I always used the "slow" input steering of kartsim in rf2. The dor was still 180 (if i remember correctly it was 187) but with "slow" input the "sudden" line change in the wheel was a little less abrupt.

Would love to see smth similar here as well (now it is almost unplayable for me)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  17. Empty Box

Empty Box Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd really, really, really like to see a gear speeds display in the setup menu... Makes things a lot more straight forward and cuts out a lot of extra testing to get things right.

Track state reading would be nice, ability to set if it's green / rubbered / fully rubbered or what have you as well as the wetness would be nice too.

Pretty sure that second one has been requested but just throwing it out there because it'd be a great thing to have.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ToMythTo

Add all tracks night lights regardless of the real situations. People would want to night racing with cars those don’t have lights. So why this limitation?

... and the other request is; this thread to be official.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

But we have allready a reasonable control over this in AMS2.
    Basically we have the steerLock + the possibility to "undercalibrate" the wheel if we want a general fast(er) relation between plastic wheel and virtual wheel.

But most urgent we also have the possibility to tweak the law governing how this relation unfolds/works by tweaking the "sensitivity".
    If you set this socalled sensitivity under 50 then the mid(= start) of the movement become more abrubt/coarse (= "overlinear"/ logaritmic) - while turning more become some kind of "under-linear" (= more subtle).

If you set sensitivity over 50 the mid movement turns the virtual wheel rather low ("under-linear") while turning your plastic wheel more gradually introduce a more coarse/logaritmic relation to the virtual wheel.

20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The return of this awesome soundtrack!