1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input indication Brake throtle FFB

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Happi, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Happi

Happi New Member

Hello,
    Anyone know how to view pedal input on the screen, i can t find the option in the menu. Same thing the FFB indicator to see clipping. I know there wasn t one in AMS1 but now since AMS2 using madness engine there should be a clipping indicator PC2 has one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OldGamerGazza

OldGamerGazza Member

I have also been looking for this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

+1 for this HUD element..

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been using Simhub for pedal input, helicorsa radar, and other Hud's as well.... at least for the meantime, until (hopefully) we get them natively. OTOH, I couldn't find the formula yet for FFB meter.

5. OldGamerGazza

OldGamerGazza Member

Unfortunately no good in VR:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. sherpa25

Haven't tried running yet in VR, but you can pin windows into VR (Oculus Beta 2).

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Have you managed to get any map working in SimHUB? I cannot. All other widgets work as expected. Also, are you using the horrid bordered Windows mode, or is there a way to get rid of the border? The option for Borderless Windows has disappeared from the AMS 2 Options menu.

If SimHUB can work for all things reliably, it is a nice alternative to a native HUD and as you mentioned, in the meantime can give us pedal indicators that we need. I would also like my AMS (1) map back instead of the horrid thing that is there now, so was hoping to use one from SimHUB, but neither the default nor ACC ones display anything (in AMS 2 or AMS). ?!?!

8. sherpa25

Yes, I use a static map HUD (and those I mentioned)... called ACC Hud.

Unfortunately, I believe Simhub requires running in Windowed mode. I agree, I wish there was the option too for Windowed Borderless. :)

9. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

The FFB histogram is available on the Telemetry HUD

10. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

I have done this and whilst it is possible it is annoying because you can't have transparent pinned windows so it covers up UI elements. (You can't have it disappear whilst not receiving race telemetry automatically.) If you have it with a range of other HUD elements in a bar at the top it isn't too bad but not ideal. Hopefully Oculus will allow transparent pinned windows at some point.

11. Marc Collins

Thanks! I realized the problem was that the map doesn't show up until you have driven a couple of laps!! Doh! It seems to be assumed that a user will know this. All working now. And, there is a start-up code in Steam that allows for the use of the Windows Borderless mode, so although it is still not as good as Full Screen mode, at least it doesn't have the border ruining the appearance of things!

12. sherpa25

Right, I forgot to mention that, noticed that too. Like maybe its learning the track. Cool, whats the steam code to do that?

13. Scoops

Scoops Member

I think the track map is created after reading the ‘coordinates’ of the car hence the need for you to run round a few times. Not sure what it would show if you go off at the same point every time !

14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

-borderless in steam launch options should do the trick

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So is there still nothing like a pedal app for HUD in VR?
    A forum member called Tarmac Terrorist told me that I had to set throttle sensitivity from default value 50 to 0 to get linear throttle output on the gas pedal.
    And this was indeed a very important hint! Reiza should change the default settings!
    Okay for throttle you could check the linearity on the Rev-meter but for brake-pedal-linearity it would be nice to have a pedal app like in Assetto Corsa for example...
    Does something exist?

16. Marc Collins

You can see the pedal input/read-out on the Telemetry screen. Fairly easy to tell if it is linear or at one extreme or the other.

17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

the hint was wrong. 50 is linear !

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I saw that tip and tried it.....it is wrong, 50 is linear! The pedal display is there for pancake users so thats how I checked linearity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Strange, I tried what Tarmac Terrorist showed in his video and indeed if I leave the default value 50 I can’t gradually increase the Rev-meter. If I change the value to zero the needle on the Rev-meter in the dashboard is exactly synced with my pedal-input. For me it’s exactly the same as shown in his video...

• Like Like x 2
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yes it does seem to give a more linear application to the way the revs build but if you watch the acc pedal graph as you apply pressure it most definitely isn't linear in the way the bar fills :confused: Maybe Tarmac has found something in the way the throttle works but his suggestion isn't linear in the pedal application but may be in the way the revs build....if this makes sense.

This is all with the car in neutral also, maybe under load things change?? It feels linear enough to me under load though. I'd like to know what @Renato Simioni thinks about this theory?

• Like Like x 1