1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

Having read through the list, here, I don't think this has been mentioned: but the fact that on the track selection screen, there are lots of examples where the basic information (length, number of turns) is incorrect annoys me. In many cases, it's just that the variations do not have information that is different from the primary/first version. Donington is a good example - both the GP and the National circuits are 4.02km in length and both have 11 turns. Clearly, as a minimum, they are not both the same length.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

For me, using the controller, the problem starts in the user interface when the buttons of the controller and their colors are not correctly displayed, on other screens, they were simply removed, i believe that by the developer’s choice, because in the first versions they were present and now i have to guess which button i press to go back, select and etc., a problem when you play several simulators at the same time: ams1.png
    The second problem, are the garage doors in Interlagos, strangely poorly rendered, looking like cement and not metal like in real life: ams2.1.jpg
    To finish, the mechanic on several tracks invades the garage wall, this problem can be easily corrected by placing it a little further out of the garage: ams3.1.jpg

3. Mack518

Mack518 New Member

Why do the preview pics of the cars look like something from segas outrun? Looks so cheap. I dont get why a small detail like this that makes the first impression of the game terrible doesnt get fixed. Why?? carlist~2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Because they are working on making sure the cars don't drive like a Sega arcade game, first ;) That's about 1,000 times the amount of work...

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Mack518

Mack518 New Member

And they are doing a great job but for someone new to the series its a bad first impression. Ive made skins and it only takes a sec to make a quick preview pic that makes you want to drive something bc it looks cool. None of the car pics look good at all, cartoony, scaling is off.. details. I dont know why but it just stuck w me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So which QOL shortcoming piss you guys off the most? Would be nice to get a consensus so the devs can prioritise things once the core physics/sound/FFB/AI/gameplay issues are addressed. To me it has to be
    1. Track cut and other race director warnings on test days, regardless of having penalites disabled, and regardless of having a HUD or not. It's a test day, nothing you do here affects standings or personal / online lap records in any way.
    2. Another car with the same livery as the player, regardless of the size of the field.
    3. Lack of random access to the replay timeline.
    There, I've vented. Gatekeepers please step in to invalidate my opinions :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Test days? Where is that option?

8. tpw

upload_2021-2-27_12-33-15.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Sorry, brain fade moment!

While we are on the topic, would you like to have an option to have AI in Test Day? Other than truly eliminating the penalties, etc., what else works well for test days that should be included in the game?

I think it is useful to have the penalties if you are trying to learn a track--may as well learn it properly so you are not surprised when you get to a race weekend. Of course, in Test Day you can drive on and effectively ignore them.

10. tpw

My life is a long brain fade punctuated by moments of clarity...

Yep I'd love to have the option to have AI, to help get that track day ambience. Even better if the test day AI did not try to race you.

I agree, I'd just like the option to not have to ignore them. You can race without penalties if you so desire, it'd be nice to have the same options in test day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

That would be nice (same class or multiclass also)

They can be quick, slow, let you pass them, go to pits (all in a “random” pattern)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The top of my list is the auto starts and the very generic TC and ABS mappings and not being able to map fuel mix to a button.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Erik F.

Erik F. New Member

This sim has been, are and will be my go to sim. When it's at it best, nothing come close to this. I love it.
    Now i'm so lucky that i enjoy it with a direct drive. Now and then I'm enjoying take a look outside the car. Just play with it, burnouts to look at tyre damage etc..
    If you push the car against something(a barrier), and just hit the gaspedal, not only the driving wheels, but also the wheels not supposed to work, begin to rotate(spin).

Anyone else explorer this, or knowing if this can be fixed or not? It's a small thing, but you can began asking about the physics..

14. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

Probably already listed...Paddle shifters and seperate sequential at the same time, so you can choose depending on the car your using without having to re log them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Online / Multiplayer
    Having the ability to see what car someone uses, now there’s only the car class displayed (GT3, Gr. C etc) but I'm also interested to know what car in a specific class the other guys and girls are driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Maybe as an extension to this, a shifter realism/difficulty setting. If you have a separate shifter set up (H-pattern or sequential) a difficulty setting, similar to e.g. TC or ABS, could be added. This setting would force a player to use their h-pattern shifter and "disable" the paddle on their wheel.
    Having on/authentic/off as option could be a nice addition.

17. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Wish there was an increase of range and width of the beam on car lights as driving at night on unlit tracks is not fun trying to guess where the apex is.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

I think the light beam distances for all cars went from 150m to 250m or something like this in the last update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

It was mentioned elsewhere that you can only use an xbox/ps4 controller to move the hud elements in VR, especially the items off to the bottom right.

20. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Perhaps there should also be a way of ensuring the individual livery slot that he player selects, are prevented from showing up as an a.i car, which would prevent seeing duplicate cars out on track. For both default and custom skins.

If you pick the number 2 Rothmans Porsche 962C for example, you shouldn't also see an ai.i car with the same livery on the track also.

• Agree Agree x 2