Official Servers Schedule?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by SaxOhare, Aug 27, 2016.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought we would have some schedule for the races on the "Official Servers",
    It would be nice if i could sign up for a race starting at a certain time, perhaps some more drivers sign up when a race is queued?

2. SaxOhare

Official servers not exactly what i hoped for, Saturday night and not a single user, and i think no one cares.

3. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you specify which Kart type the server is running ?
    I notice no server running Karts has this specified in the server list/server info - it just says Karts.
    Is this something that can't be set to show in the server list or server info ?

4. Jan Mikuž

I see on VX the kart series is specified when you expand the server tab...i missed that

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We´re just running a trial week for the servers and ironing out some minor issues as they have been set up a bit last minute. There will be a rotating schedule and a topic to collect feedback as to how this should be conducted, and then we can push to spread the better word about it.

Do keep in mind though that we can set up the water bucket, lead the horse to it but not make it drink it - how populated it gets ultimately it´s up to the users wanting to race there :)

6. SaxOhare

I don't know till now it seems like the AMS multiplayer community want to be in a league or are not satisfied with the content AMS provides and want to run mods. It's like you set up a water bucket, but they bring their own.
    Perhaps when the races get a fixed start time and a queue and not start immediately when you join, some more people are going to sign up for a race?

And if not, nothing is lost but a nice game,

7. Jan Mikuž

Just wondering - why such an unfitting name for the portal ? Is it like a placeholder thing ?

8. Jan Mikuž

A request:

Please add a ''Europe'' listing to the ''server location'' menu on VX.

9. Don King

Don King New Member AMS2 Club Member

seems i am mismatching on most official servers? just noticed in last few days. am i missing something?

10. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i agree with op, with schedule and signing up i think there would be more players. With guarantee to have players on fixed times more folks would be interested. Now its hit or miss

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the MP solution. You have to earn credits to use AI by racing on the official servers. Each clean race online gives you credit for one race offline :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are some races with stock content tho most people will use Stock V8, Boxer Cup or Marcas and with some luck F3 (people should use this car more) ;) I believe with the DLC bringing more kown tracks will be easier to get people together with the original content
    Now in your post above you say saturday night, that day is bad enough for leagues (not many succeed in this day) let alone public racing

13. SaxOhare

The point i want to make is:

It would be nice if i could sign up for a race starting at a certain time, perhaps some more drivers sign up when a race is queued?
    Perhaps when the races get a fixed start time and a queue and not start immediately when you join, some more people are going to sign up for a race?

14. FeltHat

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jan Mikuž

I very much doubt AMS multiplayer will ever take off.
    Just doesn't seem to appeal to people for some reason or the player
    count is just too low for enough online-minded people to frequent the game. No idea...

Went on to check how other sims are doing in the online department.
    Only sim that's doing very well appears to be AC, which has a couple hundred players
    and a lot of nicely packed ones.
    If AMS had just a couple of such popular, daily packed servers,
    that would be fantastic :D.

PC is just as dead as AMS or even worse.
    RF2 and RRE have some 100 players playing.
    No data about iracing. But supposedly that's the go to sim if you want online racing at any time.

16. Will Mazeo

You need close to 2k players online to have more people racing on random servers (or check their active players per week, it's above 60k), that's a lot of people for a sim.
    P CARS is a strange case but I guess their "game" focus gets a lot more people that drive offline than sims
    There are 140+ AMS servers average, and 400+ in rF2 in these sims the focus is more on leagues.

17. FeltHat

ac has some 24/7 driving around servers, large part is there, well when u think about it, its not that bad, infinite practice. Lets to put some life into ams multi before reiza17, then shiny graphics will get some more players :p

18. Will Mazeo

Yep, we like it or not graphics is like sex: it helps to sell. Unfortunately a lot of people dont give AMS a chance mostly because of how it looks. That "first impression" thing (in sims case tho there are 2 "first impression", first is on how it looks, second is on how it drives, if you fail in one people won't come)

• Like Like x 1
  19. FeltHat

and how it sounds! (damn that sexy r3e)

20. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Frankly even AC doesn't have a lot of online racing. Most of it seems to be perpetual practice mode and frankly I've had way better success racing people in a practice session in AMS than in AC, dunno why.

It would be cool if they could adopt some kind of minimal race sign up queue for the official servers in AMS. I think there are enough people out there who would take advantage of it but the problem is we just don't have enough to keep the servers populated to create a flame for the moths to be drawn to. When you do start seeding a server with 2 or 3 people within half an hour you usually get enough to have a 5-8 person race.