1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is there no one online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by EmanueleMarra, Aug 24, 2020.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How did the netcode behave? Everyone in your league was in the same continent? Or was it NA+EU players?

2. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Netcode I think was perfect! This was our second (pre-season) league race and I don't think anybody complained about strange collisions. I had myself plenty wheel to wheel battles, did not get any unexpected contact. Most of us were racing from around Europe (most of them in the UK), but the host was from Canada and had another couple people from NA as well. My reported ping was around 250-300 to many of the other drivers, but still no problems on that front.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    In my experience..I do mp every day.....the net code has been fixed since the major update.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

How have the results been working out for you guys? We keep seeing errors/mistakes in our results.

5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For the SRS series', there is a rule that the "lobby host" (not really the host as it's a DS but the person who shows up as being the lobby host) must disconnect first and the others have to wait until they get kicked. Presumably this is in part to avoid corruption of the results.

6. cpcdem

Race results in our first race (we use a regular password protected lobby) were fine. In the second race, we were hit by a bug known from PCARS2, the drivers who finished in the top 3-4 places had their race properly ended, but the rest of us were forced to do an extra lap, and in our results the top guys appeared as DNF.. This usually happens when, in timed races, the leader starts the last lap with only about 1 sec remaining to end of race. Of course this is not ideal, but did not cause us much trouble either, we just used the results as displayed to the driver who won the race.

I also had a strange but harmless bug which I had never seen before, in my quali results, there were no time gap and sector times shown for just one driver:

Attached Files:

7. cpcdem

Oh, I remembered one issue in this last race, one of the cars was appearing as a ghost to me for the whole 2-3 laps that we were close to each other. Also in the previous race last week, 2 of us got the green lights at the start about 0.5-1 sec after all the other drivers (which is also a known rare engine problem).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  8. think

think New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any info when the multiplayer rating system will be added? the roadmap disappeared from the website.

9. sgsfabiano

No news yet. In the previous roadmap it was supposed to be in last December, but the multiplayer/netcode system and AMS2 as a whole is very, very far from being ready to any kind of online competition.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Chequers

Chequers New Member

Whenever I feel like some multiplayer racing a lot of the servers are locked, so I just give up and race the Ai instead

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Filters would be handy, indeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Weird..I find races with at least 5 to 10 guys eventually. Depends on hour. Everyday.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Merlin Cooper

Merlin Cooper New Member

Did find AMS2 recently and looking at the videos it looks really promising. Do race iRacing and ACC typically - but getting tired about iRacing not having a good weather simulation and ACC not having Nordschleife.

So did that happen and is there a decent Nordschleife Lobby?

P.S:: Can anyone say whether AMS2 would support team racing and endurance events (e.g. 6/12/24hrs races)?

14. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Hit up Touristenfahrten AMS (for tintops) and KOW (for karts and open wheelers).
    We got lap records and leaderboards.
    Touristenfahrten AMS & KOW

For endurance, driver swapping isn't in the game (aside with AI) and while you can possibly go for such an event, you better cross your finger that the lobby/DS survives as it needs an overhaul from SMS's basic system. Instability, host migration issues and a few other issues plague the MP experience. It will all surely get better over time though :)

15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

6 people..

It doesn't matter what time of the day I look... Half of the servers are locked with 2 or 3 drivers and on a good time I only see 30 or so drivers..

WTF wheres the online love for this sim...?

16. think

think New Member AMS2 Club Member

The players want some progress. I bet 10xp for every completed race would have an impact on player numbers...

17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i'm a driver not a player/gamer.
    So i don't need XP/coins/points/achievements o_O
    :whistle::)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. sgsfabiano

It has been a while that I've decided to be pessimistic when it comes to AMS2 multiplayer: I believe AMS2 is going towards the league-only simulator path, and even so currently the game is lacking some important hosting features, and at the moment Reiza has not given any indicative that there are plans on implementing such features other than 'AMS2 is a long term project'.

For now, the options are:
    1. racing vs AI (which has improved, but probably never going to be as fun as racing humans)
    2. racing in the land of no one, aka public lobbies (if you are lucky, you will log in at the same time some random streamer is hosting, then chances are the lobby will get a little more crowded)
    3. racing in leagues
    The light at the end of the tunnel is the known commitment Reiza has with their products. Maybe by version 1.5.3 the game is going to be everything AMS1 was + improvements.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

4. TT against other humans (laptimes):p

20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

MP is AMS was never its best feat. AI (Championship, raceweekends, customtool, career) and leagues are were it shines. For Public Lobby's the game is too niche / not so popular, cause iRacing has a way better marketing and iRating does something with your dopamine/serotonine-levels.