[Solved] Wheel Issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Tester, Sep 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tester

Tester BANNED BANNED

Hello,
    i just want to tell that the AMS Dev's don't need to fix the G29 Wheel Issue which exists since AMS got released because i went back to a Driving Force GT Wheel which has no Issues with Automatically Degree Changes. So that might be a disappointment for all the other guys who own a G29 Wheel but right just let them down this is just bad luck for the guys who own a G29 because lack of software configurations and lack of support.
    Greetings

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Lester

Lester BANNED BANNED

Thats the only solution at the moment, downgrading to a proper working wheel like the DFGT or the G27.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Danmarr14

Danmarr14 New Member AMS2 Club Member

As a G29 owner, yes, it's a bit of a pain that it doesn't automatically adjust the wheel rotation, and yes, it would be nice if the devs had that fixed, it's NOT impossible to use the G29, in fact it's a fantastic experience. Small tweaks can be made in the Logitech profile, and also in game in the car setup area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're downgrading from a G29 to DFGT just to play AMS, then you really should think about how you make decisions in life.
    For what it's worth, go ahead and download the LGS SDK from the old LGS 5.x driver pack, then go to the Logitech dev site and grab the latest SDK and you'll see that they're pretty different. It's not just a matter of plug-n-play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Lester

Lester BANNED BANNED

I know that its possible to use the G29 on AMS i played AMS with my G29 too before i went back to the DFGT.

6. Lester

Lester BANNED BANNED

AMS is not the reason for the downgrade, it is because i made bad experiences with multiple G29 Wheels i've owned atleast on those i received my money back, also i like the DFGT more than the G29 even if im half a second slower with the DFGT compared to the G29 (because DFGT Wheel Res = 12Bit, G29 Wheel Res = 16Bit) this gap is compensable for me, atleast the DFGT is great for casual simracers who don't have much time to play and it also has a long durability / longevity. Ofcourse its not just plug and play, Dev's only need to download the newest Logitech Wheel SDK from Logitech's Dev Site and they need to integrate those New SDK to AMS for proper G29 Support but it seems that they are ignoring this Issue because the Issue exists since AMS got released, the G29 Issue exists on other games like rFactor 2 too.

7. gongo

You probably didn't realize that you're arguing with the guy who's implementing this right now for AMS. Again, I'm asking you to download the SDK and take a look for yourself so that you can see why it's taking a little time and effort. You'll find the old SDK tucked away inside the G25/G27 drivers as a zip file. The newer SDK is available from http://gaming.logitech.com/sdk/LogitechSteeringWheelSDK_8.75.30.zip. Now, take all of the non-unicode calls from the old SDK and make them work with the unicode-only calls from the new SDK. That's just the simple stuff.
    So please, keep telling me how easy it is and how lazy I am and how much I'm ignoring this issue. This is fun.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Lester

Lester BANNED BANNED

Other games like AC or PCars have proper G29 Support so the reason could be because Reiza is a small team who cannot Develop as fast as the Game Dev's on the games i told above and maybe Reiza Dev's hasn't the knowledge like the other Game Dev's have. In this case its understandable.

9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Lester...are you Tester?
    Because the T one already got the ban hammer...
    Have you read what Gongo wrote to you?
    Seriously guys...don't let it be another AC forum...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

lol just because some devs found out how to make it work does not mean they'll go and email all their concurrent studios/devs with the solution :D :D :D

11. gongo

I managed to get my G25 to respond to the new SDK so I'm hopeful that I can get it integrated soon. Unfortunately a few other things (in my personal life) have required my attention lately so I haven't finished the integration, but I'm planning on getting it into the v1.1 patch.

It's coming, just have to make sure that it works properly in all situations.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

oh, what do you mean?I am really curious about it, will work with g27 too?

13. gongo

So I'm replacing the old Logitech SDK references in AMS with the new Logitech SDK. The device commands and requests are different, but if it works for my G25, it should work for the G27/G29/G920/DFGT/DFP as well. Since I only have a G25, it's all I can test with until I release it to internal testing so that the rest of the guys at Reiza can check that it works.
    The RPM lights on the G29 should also work, the same as the G27, when I'm done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.