1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is LeMans in the pipe work?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by LibranRabbit, Mar 6, 2021.

1. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

My last question about Group C cars has been answered by the AMS Gods! Any reference to LeMans coming? Any other large tracks in the pipeline? Any other AMS2 gossip to stew about???

2. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

Considering the ACO sold an exclusive ten-year license for Le Mans videogames to some faceless corporation, I'd say seeing the track in AMS2 is very unlikely.

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Would place my bet on Sebring, tho, or Leguna.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Got my fingers crossed for Watkins Glen in the USA dlc personally but really, either of those two or Road America would also be great (presuming we’ll get one more track other than Long Beach & Daytona - 4 tracks seems optimistic but you never know)!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Of all the tracks mentioned i only care for Long Beach (confirmed already) and Sebring.

Only racing Sebring in rF2 (a spectacular version) gets me down because, while the track is simply amazing i just don't enjoy the driving like i used to, i think its the graphics of the cars! S397 really need to lift that area if they want to make it in the future.

Back to AMS2, a Reiza version of Sebring will be a massive draw card and i'm sure get the public talking in a very positive way. Long Beach will just get the same "its just a pC2 port" where Sebring would be a all new monster.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Agree fully on this.
    Raceroom included recently this track and for someone who have spent a lot of hours on this track in both the GTP mod(NR2003) and iRacing it was like comming home.:)
    Eventhough Im not found of Racerooms TM - anymore.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: For people wanting LeMans in AMS2 then it must be people who have never tried WG in a sim. My oppinion comparing the 2 tracks then WG is by far the most fun and challenging.
    Did you hear me Reiza? :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Was that the same company that just bought rF2? I’ve forgotten what they’re called already but Aidan Millward had a YT vid about it....possibly just yesterday.

8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The most generic name possible

Motorsport Games

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

It’s gotta be in my top 5. Beautiful flowing track. Had some brilliant races there on AC but an AMS2 version would be an absolute dream!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Watkins Glen is in PC2 so there are hopes

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Ah yes, I feel better now. I can’t be expected to remember the most instantly forgettable company name ever created.:)

12. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Road Atlanta would be ace - such a nice rhythm.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoB

Hehe it will be pretty hard for Reiza to make a Glenn version better than Racerooms :D

But its interesting to check the same track out in different sims.
    As said I tried recently the new Glenn out in Raceroom - but probably because I have layed down soo many laps in iRacing 2-3 years ago (former member) then it was quite obvious (IMO) that some parts of the track is slightly different in the two games.
    Its difficult to be specific but both the dimensions of the 1st right going corner and some parts of the backend of the track feels - yes different.;)

ByTheWay: As allways iRacings version is laser scanned but I dont know if Racerooms version is that too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I’ve only ever driven Lilski’s AC version to be honest! Which I don’t think is laser scanned. But I absolutely love it. Probably my favourite mod track ever made for AC. I doubt the PC2 version is laser scanned either so we’ll have to bear that in mind if Reiza do get hold of that version to work with.

By the way ;): with regard to OP, there are many tracks I’d prefer to see ahead of Le Mans in AMS2 but I’d still be pretty psyched to drive it if we did end up getting it, especially in the new Group Cs. Doesn’t seem likely though for reasons made clear upthread.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Potrero de los Funes

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  16. BrunoB

Oh sorry. I can see that my post does slightly presume that laserscanned tracks are "better".
    I absolutely dont care if a track is laserscanned - as soon as the track has a reasonable resemblance with the same track seen as example on my telly.

Saying that I dont care needs a slightly correction. Because first time I drove on iRacings "reconstructed" Monza oval was extra interesting because I did know that a lot of my RL heroes has been driving on the RL counterpart of this virtual "construction".

ByTheWay: Im using the words "reconstructed" and "construction" because iRacings Monza oval eventhough it was laserscanned then the existing RL oval was/is so damaged that iRacings "reconstruction" did obviously need a lot of graphical painters extra work. Probably overtime :D

17. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Yeah. In my experience the only people who absolutely insist that a track MUST be laser scanned tend to be the iRacing fanboys, because they need to justify their costs... :D
    Doesn’t bother me either, as long as it’s an accurate (and fun!!) representation. Lilski’s Glen being exhibit A. You’d have to look really very hard to notice a difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They organised the virtual 24 hours of le mans last year, so i'm not surprised they purchased the Le Mans license and s397 (the dev who maintains rfactor 2). They are also making dedicated le mans and btcc racing games/sims (cant vouch for which) like acc is to gt world challenge europe. They publish (not created) the Nascar Heat games, and they also purchased the dev who made kartkraft. I believe they are doing this to challenge EA/codies in the field of realistic racing games.

19. BrunoB

Hey Reiza - do you want some further inspiration for your Group C class?
    How about the rotary engined Mazda 787B with the turbine sound?:D
    Or Jaguar XJR-9 and Toyota 88C-V.
    Nr2003 - GTP Mod
    Redline Gtp Hotlap Series - N2K3-"Hey, anyone need a racer?"

To maybe persuade you a tiny bit more then I participated in a BRASILIAN(!) arranged 2.4H race with exactly those great GTP cars.:p
    You probably still have some old friends in the arranging LBN (Liga Brasileira Nascar) who are able to remember the event - GTP LeMans 2.4H June 2015

ByTheWay: Two of the pics is from this MP event.
    And I know the driver in the blue #3 car very good;):D
    LBN - Liga Brasileira Nascar

0.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg startGrid21.jpg LetsGetAwayFromHippieCar81.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

oh man Road America would lock me in to AMS2 forever lol. I think I would delete all other racing sims :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1