1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I be deleting things before an update?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jeff Scharpf, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If a new update comes out, should I be cleaning out everything or are there files I can safely keep without causing issues?
    The reason I ask is that I always "feel" better with an update when I completely re-install. I have no idea if this matters these days, but it makes me feel like I won't have any odd remnants .. etc.. however, when I do this, I then have to completely set the game up again, and right now, I have so many little settings that I won't remember what I had lol... Is there a config file somewhere that keeps your graphics/FFB, etc..? If so, does the game ever change these settings so that it becomes useless in an update?
    What is the recommended procedure? So far I have not deleted anything with each of the new updates. Game seems fine but I want to make sure I'm getting the best performance out of it.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

\My Documents\Automobilista 2
    \My Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\<>\automobilista 2\profiles
    If you keep the files in these 2 folders you will keep both your graphics and controller settings.

ByTheWay: sav + xml files I mean

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Are “bytheway”s written into your contract or something? :p

4. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

If you need to reset or delete something, Reiza is good about saying so in the release notes with each update. They have also indicated that they are trying to get away from any such requirements going forward.

So, no, you shouldn't reinstall or delete things as a matter of course when there are updates.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yes:p

ByTheWay: I have never reinstalled or "reset" the game. Not even the setups.:D
    But I have seen some guys lately in a discussion mentioning that too much sliding in some cars could be because some users need a reinstall. But BrunoB dont believe such non...ehh sayings.:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok thanks everyone. I think I did a complete re-install late last year if I remember correctly, but have only done upgrades (or whatever Steam does) so far in 2021. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing some odd thing. The game seems to run fine for me.