Water sound needs some Muffling

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Mar 17, 2021.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

most of my races are usually in the wet and with cars that have a closed room, like a porsche, not sure how to better describe it xD cars with doors essentially.

but one major annoyance is the sound the water/tires make when driving in these cars. it just sounds like my ears are directly next to the tire splashing away the water. there is no cockpit muffling or anything, its like the someone recorded that sound with the mic directly next to the tire and then just plays that sound and varying volume depending on speed without any audio design.

while i am not a racedriver myself, i have driven enough in reallife to say that if u are in a car, there is atleast some sort of soundisolation, even if not much on those stripped down cars, the old cars i drove irl also barely had any isolation except for the metal and i never heard the water like that

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

while i think ACC sounds inside the cars are a bit over the top, they are done really well and Ams2 could use some sound revision as it adds a lot to the immersion, its missing a lot of small environmental sounds around the car, marbles/rocks being smashed against the underbody etc.(while some are overdone like the water) IRL even with a helmet on, the sound of the car is relatively raw and lively, when I drove the Porsche Cup, the engine noise from the back almost gave me a headache after half hour. In an F3, the engine noise wasnt so canned but instead you get the wind and many details around you.

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Been asking for this for a while now.
    Also with the helmet cam on (the only view I use) the sound water or even the Ai seems amplified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. eKlasik

eKlasik New Member

Do we have an update on this? I've been playing with every audio slider and none seem to adjust this sound, not even 'track surface'...any help?