Is setting up pedals nad custom wheel a 40$ joke?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by TPS, Mar 23, 2021.

1. TPS

TPS New Member

I just purchased AMS2 and instantly regret it. Setting the custom wheel and CST pedals is more than a nightmare.

I got the DD wheel set up, but AMS does not want to see my pedals. I got no problems with iR, AC, rF2, RRRE.
    Will AMS2 require me to unplug anything and plug it back, or is there a way to go without any bigger sacrifice?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. TPS

TPS New Member

OK - the solution for non detectable DD wheel and separate pedals.
    Patience - I mean it.
    • Go to the 3rd tab and grab your DD wheel. No e-brake pressing - just leave it as it is.
    • For left axis - just play with DD wheel left back and forth until the system grabs the signal. The wheel becomes heavy so to speak - so do not be afraid of this.
    • For right axis you have to struggle more to overpower the applied strength by the AMS2. Play it right back and forth until it grabs the signal. Yes, I know it is the weirdest way to configure your wheel - ask Reiza why.

As far as pedals - more patience is required here. Play with the pedals a bit, just press them and depress'em, never 100%, just 30%. The system should grab the signals.

When you have all defined, go to the calibration tab. For the DD wheel you have to use hand force to overpower the wheel to get it to 100. Then it is similar to iRacing setup IIRC.

The same with pedals - just press them all the way down and save.

Hope it helps everybody who is lost in setting the DD wheel and separate pedals.

For NLR V3 motion platform users - go to share memory tab and choose Project Cars 2 to enable motion platform.

3. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Your post is in the original Automobilista Help & Support forum, not the AMS2 one. Also, which DD wheel are you talking about?

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

You can press your e-stop if your DD wheel comes with one to not have to struggle with the FFB when assigning the axis. Rotate the wheel to its max and then back to center. If you hold it at max it will detect multiple inputs. Sadly that's an issue of the Madness Engine that was already present in PC2.

5. TPS

TPS New Member

You are right! My bad.
    Big Mige with the newest SimuCube FW.