1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence

Fantastic news that there is something in development which adds character/persona/talent to individual drivers. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Like Like x 2
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Like mentioned, it's actually already in the game, but not enough diversity between all the robo-drivers, so several little groups of AI cars in the field are sharing the same personalities.

That's why we also see these bunches of AI car groups and crazy close laptime differences in groups of cars. It will help AI time spread, behaviour and race experience very likely, with more varying AI personality types. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

All 5 worth a spin? I'm tempted to try This evening.
    I had noticed in past (posted as such) online AI had slight difference in Pace and accident rate to Sp, on same scaling, have any differences been detected by others/or internal? (may not be the case after last update as the comparison was made 2 updates ago

4. CrimsonEminence

5?

This can have several reasons, like weather, session length or also the connected rubber on track situation to that, for example.

5. Maser V6

yes The modern version and historics ie 2 kayalama and the 3 interlagos.
    ok i will retest same settings (full wet) session q+p+r
    Edit misread `Kansia as Kayalami

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  6. CrimsonEminence

I mean Kansai Modern and Interlagos Modern.

Wet cases are different to dry cases. Make sure AI is on your level of pace in the dry, before you make evaluations of how much AI is off-pace to you and base, in the wet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

F-Classic Gen3 Interlagos
    AI is a fast starter despite the skill level even at level 85 they overtake before the Senna S, to go to a stand still In front of me (illogically braking), and develop on a miraculous way a lot of speed in de Senna S and Curva do Sol.
    Again despite the skill level they are as fast as I am on the Reta Oposta to go very slow (illogically braking) into Descida do Lago
    This goes on and on They are slow in the corners so i can catch up with them, but they are so slow I have to break to much and don't have the speed to keep up with them after the corner,
    lowering the level brings me to a point they are that slow in a corner i can overtake them, this means I will be first on the first lap and win.
    the other way by raising the skill level they become that fast in corners I can't keep up with them and it is impossible to pass the AI that means I will loose,
    So I win or loose,

There does not seem to be a good ratio between the cornering speed, the speed on the straight and the accelerating power of the cars with the skill-level, this makes the braking and accelerating power illogical for me.
    They do not change in proportion to each other as you adjust the skill level.
    In fact, I think they accelerate faster and brake harder at lower skill levels to achieve the relatively (to the skill-level) high speed on the straights.

8. CrimsonEminence

So to summarize: They brake overexaggerated into corners but have still decent to high straight line speed/acceleration?^^

9. SaxOhare

In some situations yes, but mainly the talent for Cornering, acceleration or braking and the straight line speed do not change in proportion to each other as you adjust the skill level.

10. CrimsonEminence

This is basically one of the cases of an uncalibrated class in grip levels/braking distance then, very likely.^^

11. SaxOhare

Maybe that is the case, Do you know if we can find a list of calibrated classes, Is there already an openwheeler calibrated?

12. CrimsonEminence

Not sure right now about a list and how good Open Wheelers are in general.

But definetly working (I forgot to mention this, sorry, i will edit this to the recommendations) is the combination Stock Car 2019 and 2020 at Interlagos, so if the settings, you have there are matching your pace, you will see differences in other classes at Interlagos pretty clearly with the same settings. (If you are able to drive a decent consistency with the car it might help a lot) :)

13. SaxOhare

Maybe this will make the races with open-wheelers a little more interesting.
    I assume there will be a message here when another car has been calibrated, thank you in advance

The release thread is filled with all kinds of personal interests and endless discussions by a limited number of forum members, probably because they get attention here. Perhaps it is an idea to actively keep this thread clean and delete the irrelevant posts so that it becomes more attractive to post relevant information here, or just make it read-only.
    I copy the release notes and look here as little as possible to spare me my irritation

14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The best indicator that a new update is about to drop is that the previous release thread descends into nonsense and lame jokes. I think Renato pushes them when he gets tired of reading the replies. ;)

15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.1.2.5
    Car / Track: M1 at Jacarepagua
    AI Strength: 100%
    Track Position: Pit Entry
    AI Aggression: 70%
    Session Distance: Start of P1
    Weather: Dry Heavy Cloud A19 TT20
    Player Tyre: Soft Slick
    AI Tyre: Slick
    Session Type: P1
    Notes: Ai tried to overtake me on pit entry then continued to drive off track and into the walls.. I think he had a few too many beers over lunch..

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 8
  16. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving that commitment. :D

17. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just ran a test in the stock cars 2019 at Interlagos, mid cloud, hot track temp, AI 97%, 0%. The AI behaves ok for the most part, but some comments on the experience :

-even though Aggression was at 0% the AI default Aggression makes them wanna overtake you at every corner. My pace was pretty good, maybe even a tad faster than the AI, but the last turn and and at ferradura they would dive right behind me, close to touch me, even though I was braking at the same point as the AI ahead of me. It is like the AI has been programmed to try to overtake the player at any costs.
    -because they race in groups, it gets difficult to race against a group of 3 AI which use boost at the same time. They do gang bang you lol!
    -after 11 laps, the lead AI was only 5 secs ahead of 10th place and about 12 seconds ahead the last car(22nd). I was fighting for 8th place with another 3 AI, but every time they used boost I could see the rest of the grid behind me get really closer. One small mistake like going a little deeper into a corner and you will have your mirrors full with 10 plus AI.

It is a shame really. The 19 stock car is driving so nicely now, but I've been avoiding racing the AI like the plague. Hopefully with custom championships coming soon the AI receives some good treatment to go with it.

18. Maser V6

Observations

2 Tests with same settings as below apart from weather. Assists disabled both tests
    1st test Dry 2nd Test Thunderstorm.
    Track Interlagos Modern.
    Online (3 players in wet race)
    Class P2 Sigma vs Duratec.
    AI 20 at 100/100
    Test A.: .P 15 mins 10 Am, Q 15 mins 1Pm, Race 10 laps. 3PM
    Dry result Clear weather.
    Ai P 135.038 Human,138.115
    Q .134.120
    Race 133.806 .
    My pace was off the AI's (prefere Historic track so little time here, my excuse (times improved in dry sessions)
    No comment on AI behaviour. Duratec all beat Sigma (2 groups of cars)

Test B: Thunderstorm, inc settings above
    AI P 150.421 ...Fastest human 1 @ 146.545.... ..Difference 3.876 sec
    Q. 149.302 ...Fastest human @143.841.... Difference 5.461 "
    Race. 149.844. ...Fastest Human 1 @ 143.326 . Difference 6.518 "

Extract
    Duratec is Always faster than Sigma, in wet they stayed in 2 groups in Q and race until incidents
    Slow class AI seem fine at this track ( Interlagos outer) this scale (maybe a touch slow) . may differ with more rain and likely
    track specific ie slower track with tight turns.

At the modern track test show That Duratec still out pace Sigma still race as 2 groups for 99%.
    Ai pace is Slow in thunderstorm for this class and track scenario as above imo. Test B.

Attached Files:

• P.jpg
      P.jpg
      File size:
      471.1 KB
      Views:
    • Q.jpg
      Q.jpg
      File size:
      461.9 KB
      Views:
    • IMG_1634.jpg
      IMG_1634.jpg
      File size:
      386.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  19. Maser V6

@Shriukan Thanks for joining test race. and others also
    So sorry AI messed it for you, it was a shame. Could not read your comment fully as driving. You ref car also, handling?
    Even with the low (4) Qty (110/100) they seemed to get in way in Q and Race. Slow ai in certain corners for me. In Q and for others
    AI out Qed by several Humans

20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Cheers. I said that I had to quit as the handling changed from Q to R and the car became very slippery all of a sudden. A rare occurrence in my case, but one reported by other drivers on plenty occasions.
    So after ending at the back I did catch up to the AI and passed a couple but they braked too late during their fight and rear ended me, sending me back into the soaked grass.