1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 - Extended Car Info Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Puma P052 GT5 - When this was released for AMS1 Renato mentioned it had a "Tuned" Mivec engine. There is very little outside information on this vehicle. I have only managed to find one article mentioning it had a 1.6 L engine however this was not for a GT5 race version.. The 1.6 L come in the Mitsubishi 4A9 engine and none of them are turbo charged; unless they took this engine (4A91) and bolted one on. The 4B1x has a 2.0 L turbo engine (4B11T) variant however it's power output is very high compared to what we see in AMS2 so this one is out of the question. The closest petrol MIVEC spec engines you will find is the 1.5 L 4B4 or the 1.8 L 4G6A however the torque is listed higher than whats in AMS2. Most MIVEC petrol turbo engines I have seen around that 165 HP mark suggest to have around 230-250 Nm of torque which is around 40-50 Nm up on whats in AMS2. There is also the 4K20/21 (4G63 short block), 4G63T turbo charged engines but again the power output is too high.

If anyone has some info or Renato can confirm what donkey is in this GT5 that would be great. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Coanda

... folowing on..

I noticed the P52 is capped at 50% boost. I suspect it's running the 2.0 L 4B11T Mivec engine and capped to run with the Ginetta..

I hope Renato can confirm this.

The road production version the GT Lumimari has 2.4 L boxer engine so it's not that engine installed..

3. Coanda

v0.9.9 (OP updated)

- added peak & average steering column force for various vehicles. Super V8, ARC, F3, P3. This information is derived from T1 at Phillip Island logged at 60 Hz through iRacing. P3 are derived from SR8. This calculation does not take into account your wheel diameter.
    - added steering column force for lotus 49, lotus 79, mid 90's/2000's F1's. Old data however the best I could get for now. I may purchase a vehicle or two just to get this updated info..
    - Converted Classic, Fusca, Uno vehicle year to the race series year/era. Classic & Fusca still run until C19 restrictions so engine info has been removed as it is unknown to me what spec or tunes these classes are running.
    - updated Puma P52 # of gears
    - updated manufacturer year for various vehicles
    - updated engine info for various vehicles

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  4. Coanda

v1.0.0 (OP updated)

- added peak & average steering column force for P1 & P2 class which uses a EPAS/EPS system. Three out of the twelve levels (1-little assist, 3-default, 6-more assist) of EPAS was used for this test. This information is derived from T1 at Phillip Island logged at 60 Hz through iRacing using the Dallara P217 LMP2. This calculation does not take into account your wheel diameter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for making this spreadsheet. This is really incredible !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Coanda

Confirmed. Nice picture of the Brazilian Sprint Race car with it's onboard ARB adjustment next to the sequential stick shifter..

Series started in 2012. In 2016 it is said they received the ARB adjustment however only for the front. Replaced by the Camaro in 2020.

A partir do ano que vem às máquinas da Sprint Race V6 de 270 CV recebem a barra estabilizadora dianteira para ser manuseada pelo próprio piloto dentro do carro e terá três regulagens.

Starting next year, the 270 CV Sprint Race V6 machines receive the front stabilizer bar to be handled by the driver himself inside the car and will have three adjustments.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  7. Coanda

Confirmed. Copa Montana Chevrolet a series that ran between 2010 and 2012 does not feature onboard adjustable ARB's.

I have updated the google spreadsheet for the Copa Montana. It now has correct info for year, engine info, engine mount, P2P & shift type.

Bug here:

8. Coanda

The information I gathered showed they used a 1.6 L Boxer flat 4 air cooled engine however in 2015 they have allowed the use of the VW 1.6 liquid cooled inline 4 EA111 engine. On the official sight they say most cars converted. What that means exactly and how up to date that is I don't know.. You are right about the fin coming in 2019 therefore the question remains open; is the FVB Flat 4 listed on the vehicle selection Ui a mistake or are Reiza offering both versions with the FVB being air cooled and the FTS trainer being liquid cooled version. Only @Renato Simioni would know the answer to this conundrum. Renato if you could please give an indication as to this that would be very much appreciated..

9. Coanda

Confirmed. Copa Truck is not prohibited to use onboard ARB adjustment.

33.9–REGULAGENS NA CABINE: Proibido também, qualquer acesso de regulagem na cabine, das barras estabilizadoras, suspensão e amortecedores, que visem mudar o “setup”.Permitido somente regulagem do freio

33.9 – CABIN ADJUSTMENTS: Any regulation access in the cab, of the stabilizer bars, suspension and shock absorbers, which aim to change the setup, is also prohibited. Only brake regulation is allowed

Bug here:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  10. Coanda

v1.0.1 (OP Updated)

- updated GT3/4 steering column force to include peak & average force. This information is derived from T1 at Phillip Island logged at 360hz through iRacing. Previous vehicles will be updated from 60hz to 360hz in the next version however I do not expect much change if any at all.
    - updated Formula Vee Brazil & FTS year & engine info. WIP and hopefully Renato will confirm the air cooled vs liquid cooled engine info.
    - updated Copa Montana info
    - updated Copa Truck info
    - updated Brazilian Sprint Race info

*Even though various onboard adjustable ARB info has been confirmed and is incorrectly shown on the Ui or is enabled in the cockpit the spreadsheet will continue to represent what is in AMS2.

11. metzgerov

metzgerov New Member

The boost gauges do not work on any of the VW's with Turbo

12. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Coanda Nice work, thanks a lot!

Here is a file with the car names and classes as passed by telemetry, updated to v.1.1.3.5.1594 Hope it could be of some use for you.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Coanda

Hot Cars (aka Gaúcho de Hot Car / TEG - Turismo Especial Gaúcho) 1983-1987

Firstly information for this series is scares and mainly relies on translated blogs. I will try my best however I am sure there could be mistakes which I am sure the locals or Renato & Co could easily way in a rectify...

Hot-Car was setup after the collapse of Division 3 and ran side by side with Marcas and Turismo 5000 between the years of 1983 and 1987. I believe it kick off again in the 1990's.

From all the limited information and pictures I have seen the Fuscas used a 1600 VW (Boxer T126) air cooled engine and featured some unique body scalping ideas with way out flares and even the odd roof mounted wings, which is very cool to see. This particular engine does not align with the engine type listed in the vehicle selection Ui and the vehicle body represented in AMS2. I believe these may have been copied over from the modern Copa Classic FL class which feature a 2.0 L inline four cylinder AP motor with the added rear end bulge to accommodate the engine but I could be completely wrong. The engine output in AMS2 (telemetry HUD) aligns exactly with the Hot-Car Gol at 160 HP and with 183 Nm of torque which I find a little odd, which also raises some questions about the Gol as again there is next to no info about this Hot-Car vehicle. It's hard to know exactly what year Reiza are modeling the Gol on. Is it 1983 or 1987 because this vehicle had some production engine changes in this period. To my knowledge the VW Gol was released with a 1300 VW air cooled engine (AR Type1) and later received it's 1.6 L water cooled upgrade in 1985 using the locally produced B1 engine from the Passat. I know the Voyager; sedan version of the Gol received it's 1.5 & 1.6 L upgrades earlier however this is not the vehicle used in Hot-Car or AMS2. I do not know if the rules allowed for chopping and changing of various VW engines.. One blog suggested they were fairly free on rules however there was a 660 KG minimum weight rule and that is rather vague.

Arnaldo Fossá one of the most featured Fusca drivers said he ran a 1600 air cooled VW in the various HC's he built. At 140 HP this is a little down on the output we see in AMS2.

O Fossá utilizava um motor a ar. De acordo com o próprio piloto, o motor era um 1584 cc, com pistões standard, gerando cerca de 140 HP

The Fossá used an air engine. According to the pilot himself, the engine was a 1584 cc, with standard pistons, generating about 140 HP

The Passat already had it's 1.6 L (B1) inline 4 water cooled engine from the mid 70's which I believe is the engine that ended up in the Gol in the mid 80's. Now here is were it gets tricky. The Gol and Passat have different performance outputs in AMS2. Is that beuase Reiza are simulating the 1.8 L version that came out in the Passat in 1985 or is something else at play here..?

Gol: - 160 HP at 183 Nm
    Passat: 165 HP at 210 Nm

These questions remain open...
    1. Are the Fuscus HC 1&2 engine info incorrectly listed on the Ui and is the 3D model used in AMS2 a little off?
    2. Why is the Fusca performance the same as the Gol?
    3. What year and engine are Reiza simulating here for the Gol HC..?
    4. Is Reiza simulating the 1.6 L Passat or the 1.8 L upgrade that came in 1985..?

Only @Renato Simioni & Co would really know the answers to these questions.. Please chip in here if you want, can or have the time to set the record straight as that would be ace..

Arnaldo Fossá
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Coanda

.. following on...

For now until proven other wise or cleared up by Renato here is my train of thought for classic HC & modern FL for the Car info Spreadsheet..

We know that modern Gol & Passat in the Copa Classic FL use a 2.0 L inline 4 engine and that is why it seems Reiza have set these two vehicles with the highest HP output of 173 HP. If you look at the modern Fusca FL and the classic Passat HC output values they are the same with 165 HP therefore both these vehicles will be set with a 1.8 L engine. The production Passat in the mid 80's (after the series kicked of in 83) did feature a 1.8 L GT engine and information for the modern Fusca FL is varying as it sometimes suggests it could either be a 1.8 or 2.0 L. Because Reiza have set this Fusca FL with a lower output than the Gol & Passat in the FL class that is why I will choose to go with 1.8 L version engine. It's hard to know for sure because for a free-force/FL series things like pistons and head work creep into the regs and series..

Both set at 160 HP I still do not believe the classic Fusca HL and the Gol HL should have the same engine output. It is often talked about how the Gol and Passat stretched it's legs and left the Fuscas behind over the duration of the series whereby eventually they stopped running the Fuscas because they could not compete. Andt then there was Arnaldo's admission that his 1.6 L air cooled engine produced around 140 HP..

ams2_copa_hc_comp.jpg

15. Coanda

v1.0.2 (OP Update)

- removed redundant vehicle selection Ui power output columns. Accurate Telemtry HUD info will only be on display moving forward.
    - corrected and updated vehicle information for Copa Classic RS B & FL and Hot-Cars.
    - updated engine info for various info
    - converted engine layout info. ie F4 is now H4 and S4 is now I4..
    - created custom filter for google sheet
    - raised bugs (see OP)

16. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Being a Brazilian I was stunned and confused about Copa Classic B & FL, Fuscas and Hot Cars. Thank you to bring some light to that matter and also for your quest for accuracy.

Fine tuning for RST software I found that ingame Steering Lock is always some degrees down than the nominal ones. Given as example, StockCarV8-2019, 2020 and 2021 have (in my wheel correctly calibrated) 510º DOR against 540º IRL. If I remember well, Renato said some time ago that these DOR would be revised. I presume they were reviewed but maybe not enough at all.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Coanda

Opala Old Stock (2014-2021)

A modern racing series using upgraded Opalas from the late 70's/ early 80's. The original Opala Stock Car series kicked off in 1979. These vehicles feature a 4.1 L straight 6, twin barrel carburetor, ventilated disk brakes all round, IRS and from all the evidence I have seen they do use power steering. Mostly electronic power steering from what I have seen (shown below).

Google sheet has been updated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Curious does anyone know what determines steering torque (wheel weight) in AMS2...? Kind of feels on the heavy side for this vehicle like it's non power steering.. Although somewhat difficult to tell from a video it looks fairly fast on counter steer and effortless..

Edit add: Just tested the 79 Opala. Happy to see it had heavier steering compared to the Old Stock.. :cool:

18. Coanda

v1.0.3 (OP Updated)

- split chassis and engine manufacturer into two columns
    - removed class & year & engine manufacturer info from vehicle names which was originally derived from Reiza Ui naming conventions. This is not needed as we already have this information in separate columns. This mainly is for Stock Car, Copa B/FL/Fusca/HC Prototypes, Opala's etc..
    - overrides to the various Stock Car class names. They will all show "Stock Car" now..
    - overrides for some Reiza vehicle names to include the official manufacturer name
    - confirmed more power steering information
    - minor vehicle information corrections

*next version will have the data resorted as the class names have changed a little.. Ran out of time today..

19. Coanda

v1.0.4 (OP Updated)

- new AMS2 black/red/grey colour scheme
    - minor overrides to the class naming convention
    - new data sort; Class | Year | Car Chassis Manufacturer

* attention will now be turned to obtaining more vehicle dimension & tyre info data

20. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is great.

Just an observation, the Corolla SC dont use the same engine as the Cruze. I didn't find a lot of info about it, but is a engine made by DART, in the USA.

toyota.jpeg

gm.jpg