1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pAMS2Spotter (p stands for Perfect)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Apr 7, 2021.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

Hey!

I was unhappy with how CrewChief has only a softcoded vehicle size value, where it would either detect cars too early or too late depending on what car you are driving.
    For example would it constantly yell car left/right when u drive a mini (with default size settings) and sometimes not say anything when driving around in the truck.

So i did some digging and wrote my own Spotter that detects Car sizes correctly. nomatter what cars u mix and match.Its integrated into the Game, nothing to start before the Game.

I just started working on this yesterday but in my opinion its already way ahead of CrewChief.

The latest Version can be downloaded here:
    Join the pAMS2Spotter Discord Server!

Filesize is explained due to all the audiofiles being written into memory, without them the file is ~36kb.
    File does not access the Internet or any of your Files except for its own cfg file (the one where u can change Volume).

Feel free to give me some Feedback :)

Update Nov 2021:

Hello everyone!
    Quite a bit has changed over the Months and hope you all are doing well.
    pAMS2Spotter has evolved quite a bit aswell,
    not only being a Spotter anymore.

here are some of the new Keyfeatures you might be interested in.

Flatscreen Radar showing the actual size of each individual Vehicle. (Helicorsa in good). Mixing Trucks and Karts? No problem you can tell the difference instead of hardcoded guessed Values that just confuse and make you scared while defending your Position.
    This isnt drawn in an extra overlay that you have to open everytime you start the game, it comes with the same DLL.
    VR Radar, essentially the same as the Flatscreen Radar but Native in VR without you having todo anything extra.
    You can also run both or only one at a Time.
    Fuel Usage Data Widget a tiny widget that shows you your average Fuelusage Live,
    Predicts how much fuel you will have by the end of the Race, letting you constantly know whether or not you should try to save fuel or if you can push hard (eg using boost's in cars that have it).
    Additonally tells you how much laps are still remaining in the Race, could be useful during a Timed Race with or without "+1".
    Fixed Input allows the Game to keep reading Input data from your wheel/controller, even if the game isnt focused. (only works online, since singleplayer pauses the game automatically for you)

The Link on Github isnt being maintained anymore and all new informations, guides and downloads can be found on the Discord Channel.
    Just like previously i value everyone's Privacy and thus the Tool does not create any Connection to the Internet, on the negative side, this means you have to manually download the Updates, if any additions are made to the Tool or a larger Gameupdate breaks something.

Join the pAMS2Spotter Discord Server!

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Like x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Is this going to make my cars lighter? :D

in all seriousness, good idea. I may give this a go but is there a way to manually use a different voice from crew chief? or would you need to change it somehow?

thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think this is safe, people.

To be warned he's known as a cheater and also have a VAC ban:
    Steam Community :: MasterLooser
    Read the replies.
    Here racing AI 120 like it's an arcade game, lol
    Soo.. Don't download the stuff above.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MasterLooser

i could in theory import more them in the future if the interest is there and the guys from crewchief are fine with it

whats the point of racing ai to cheat? if i wasnt capable of racing them at 120, i could just turn them down and not include the text in the first place.
    and why tf would i give out cheats for free

anyhow the dll isnt packed or encrypted, anyone can disassemble it and see what its doing, its not writting to the game, its only reading

in the end its your choice to try it or not, but u wont achieve any better times with this, ull just be able to race harder and safer

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I wouldn't download anything in the world from a very, very well known cheater. I still remember you from acc mp lobbies dude, come on. just don't.
    sorry but people like you are a disgrace for simracing

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MasterLooser

thanks for sharing your opinion.
    what exactly are you afraid of?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

It seems to be the opinion of a lot of people, not just mine.
    Anyway you don't get the point, even if it was the best thing ever done in the history of simracing, I wouldn't download it from a cheater, someone who clearly has yet to understand the meaning of shared fun and community upon which simracing is built. You just don't belong here dude.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. MasterLooser

you would download it from github matter of fact.
    i guess youll have to live with the fact that ill stay here, the game is pretty good already and i found a community to race with ^^

use it or dont, i am not selling anything here, i am mainly looking for feedback on the software.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I guess it's a reputation thing. Once tarnished it takes time and work to redeem yourself.
    This could be a good start to redemption but I guess some people will never trust again.
    A good lesson for the kids.

• Like Like x 5
  10. MasterLooser

you cant fault ppl for being biased, and i dont mind it. their loss i suppose

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

*creates cheat software to prove simracing games lack anti-tamper protection to prevent, say, cheating*

*gets shunned*

To be fair, even if he said it was done to prove a point, people are just gonna react without trying to understand the why. Oh well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Isn't this exactly what companies pay "hackers" for? To find weaknesses in their software to help them prevent future hacks.....

13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Well yeah but for this they’d need to be interested in making anti-tampering protections. Masterlooser made his point and that was that. Up to the companies to react. I seem to remember a mention by Renato from last year, acknowledging the lack of such protections in AMS2 and that they wanted to have such protection go live with the MP Safety&Rank update.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Please create your own assets for this and don't pinch mine - I understand that this is a preview release and expect it's something you plan to do but I wasn't asked about this. Just use something like Audacity (free oss) for the recordings and any old microphone will do. Then use its built in compression, normalisation and band pass filter if you want that scratchy radio sound.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  15. MasterLooser

i cant remember saying that was my point, the main goal is usually to challenge myself with new (to me) gameengines. ppl on the forums usually tend to say something along the lines of "we dont care about masterlooser its the guys that do it silently that are the problem".
    but honestly i was quite shocked as to how little verification is happening in simgames in general. hence why one of my videos was called "clientside is the secure side".
    anyhow i dont see how this topic is related to the thread.

sure thing, your github lacks a license so hard to tell if its restricted or not.
    was already working on getting new voicelines, should be in the one of the next few updates if you are cool with it being in the current version (and maybe next one cuz i am about to release a tiny update).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. mr_belowski

It's not really a licence issue. I own these assets but have no intention of farting around with copyright claims and such. It's just a manners thing, repackaging someone else's stuff without their permission or knowledge is bad form.

I won't (and can't) demand you take them down, but I do ask that you replace them as soon as you can - consider splitting the assets from the runtime. Also, if you want your tool to be used and tested by a wide audience it would help to open the source and allow people to build it themselves if they choose. This would go a long way to building the trust that people need to have in 3rd party tools. An unknown DLL downloaded from an internet stranger is a scary prospect.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MasterLooser

i mainly started this as a fun project and needed some callouts and urs came in handy.
    there was basically no intention to release this at first so using ur assets seemed fine to me.
    later when showing it to a few ppl, ppl suggested me to release it.
    so yea i didnt mean to just steal someones stuff, hence the obvious disclaimers in the github/here/ the video.

as stated in the disclaimer if theres a problem with me using it, i am fine to talk, which we did now.

i am more a fan of compactness, instead of having to manage tons of files that ship with the product, also it eliminates the need to have establish an internet connection (for downloads) (if not shipped with the software.)
    virustotal and other websites do a great job at showing you what functions are being imported which usually tells you alot about what the software may or may not be doing, and some websites can even document which files are being created/read/written, internet activity and what not.

if someone knows how to compile a file they can prolly also understand those reports fine, ppl who cant compile will just run into issues and ask "how to compile" or "why 4000 errors when i press F7", i am trying to make this as accessible as possible, u just have to drag and drop it. if theres a safety concern than i guess this isnt for them. u could also push a payload via your auto updater function and noone will see it coming

even the "injection" method is the same thats being used in ams1 to load custom mods/huds, so nothing new here either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is a moral thing really. Even though there is no licence in play here, you should have asked BEFORE using someone else's assets. It is like seeing my bike outside and going for a ride before asking me if that was OK. Wait a sec, your name was nowhere on the bike to be seen, so I thought it was OK. No it wasn't!

Also, knowing that you were using some else's work and that you shouldn't make it public, you did it anyway. Not cool either.

And even less cooler is the fact you haven't said anything about replacing assets which don't belong to you with your own assets.

You should take down the download file now, create your own assets and only then make it public. Maybe that way your reputation would improve a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MasterLooser

if theres a "opensource" tag on your bike i would take the ride

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. mr_belowski

The open source nature of CC means that its code and assets are available to be used, inspected, adapted, etc etc. I can't and wouldn't prevent this - I know much of the CC codebase is poorly engineered but it might still be useful for other projects and developers working towards the same goal (applying their creativity to make sim racing more fun and immersive). Repackaging my assets without discussing it with me first is a little annoying but it's really not a massive issue. I'm OK with this as long as it's temporary and they're either replaced with something else, or the tool is structured in a way that allows it to work with an existing install of my assets.

To be clear, no one has been claiming any credit for my work or doing anything outrageous and there's nothing to get angry about. I've asked that these be removed and the author has agreed to do this, so we're all good.

Regarding opening the source of this new spotter tool, the point of this is to say to users "this is the source code, you can compile it and use that if you want, alternatively here's a version I compiled". It's a trust / transparency thing, that's all. I think almost no CC users compile CC from source (and your point about me being able to push whatever I like to users' systems with the auto update is entirely valid) but without this option the app's user-base would have been a tiny fraction of what it is. The downside of opening the source (for me at least) have been very minor compared to the benefits.

Anyway, back on topic. Good luck with the tool, and please take the time to listen to some of the advice offered here (even if you disagree with it) - in my experience fostering the good will of the community is definitely worth the effort

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2