Installing Dedi Server without owning the game

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by P*Funk, Sep 19, 2016.

1. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

My friend has a server he's willing to let me use to host the game but since he doesn't own the game he doesn't seem to be able to download the Dedicated Server tool. He was able to get the Assetto Corsa dedi working just fine without owning it so we were hoping it would be the case with AMS.

Is this an intentional thing or an oversight? I should note that I can see it in my Tools list but he can't.

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

There is a tool?

4. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Is it possible that the tool is invisible to non owners and nobody has figured this out yet because there aren't any non owners trying to set up servers?

5. Erick Goldner

Could be.

There were other topics with the same complaint: Dedi tool not showing on the list! Maybe there's a region block or something.

Just to make sure, you are going to :
    Library -> Tools and then on the list should be: "Automobilista - Dedicated Server" (between Asseto Corsa SDK and Biohazard 6 Benchmark Tool), right ?

6. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Yea I saw a screen cap of his view of that menu and it showed the AC SDK and Dedi and no AMS whereas looking at my version of that menu I get the AMS Dedi right where you say it should be. He's also no dummy. He runs dedicated servers for our Arma 3 clan and he's fluent in coding and writes missions with custom scripts so him not being able to do it really seems like an issue with the Steam availability for non owners as opposed to it being him making a mistake.

@Renato Simioni Can we get a confirmation that non-owners of AMS should be able to access the dedicated server tool in steam?

7. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

ah yes, I see it. 11Gig. Wow. Not enough room on my AWS server for it.Seems excessive considering the size of AC and Pcars dedicated server.

8. The Crawling Chaos

The Crawling Chaos New Member

I'm the one trying to setup the server. On both the Server's steam account, as well as my own, neither of which own the game, this tools manifest appears in steam, missing the Server tools for Automobilista. I believe that most users missing the game will see this error. Running steamCMD in attempt to download application 447760 (AMS server tool), returns an error that the download had never started, hinting that permissions were never granted to start the download. My friend who owns AMS indicates that the tool does appear for him.

[​IMG]
    This is what I see on my own Steam account, the server's appears identical to this one, but I cannot easily screenshot the server's desktop view.

9. Erick Goldner

The way it works for the isi engine is quite different.

No way of running on AWS without another HD (it's what i do).

• Like Like x 1