1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. charlie

charlie New Member

I have been MIA from this title and back now running a DD1. FFB feels good but I’m running 0 LFB and very little FX 10-20. I am running no Damping as I can’t see what it does other than introduce more oscillation. There in lies my question, is there a way to lessen the oscillation you get while driving? I run about 40-60 gain within AMS2 and 50-75 on my DD1 base.
    Thanks

2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Try the Karsten's custom file :)
    At least on my DD1, I cant use default, I know what race car feels like and this isnt it. Most cars are like a swaying boat with default ffb no matter the settings...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fucchie

Fucchie New Member AMS2 Club Member

Still nothing ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I would also like an update to the guide. I don't quite like the feeling of the stock and don't understand what the settings do anymore. I like Karsten's custom file though. Anyone with a TS-PC racer have any recommended settings?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tom Taylor

Tom Taylor New Member

Hi All,

where can i DL the latest version of this file?

thankw

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

7. Tom Taylor

Tom Taylor New Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. JKangSC

JKangSC New Member

Still nothing on updating the ffb guide?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

I am really liking the default right now. Imola 88 and f1 gt1 mcL and its got a bit more about it than the custom file over in their thread - i was just there in fact saying how good that was, then its good on the stock cars too, sure...but the default is really more agile maybe than the custom. I think I have them set up great. But the custom file is a little too sure for driving versus the car/power, whereas the default is a bit more 'correct' or so it seems. I think maybe the custom tries to laterally correct too much? At least on a tx its not a direct drive. Maybe thats it.

Or maybe I have the damper (steering) slider at 50 now, when prior I felt 55 was good last patch, but before last patch I was using zero happily. Maybe 30 is more the thing.

Either way I like the default a lot. I think the custom is a little over-baked. Not horrible, just different. I like the default and the McL especially I think shows it - because the custom makes it a little more steady than the default, but the default I think one drives better as its far less sure-footed but manageable. The custom, as I am saying seems like its too ready to make the car sure footed. Think its missing a trick; but it definitely has no trouble with open wheelers, or my arms are tired.

I am still trying both. But I like how default is light and its a solid profile.

For custom I am going to guess that no game can come close to the gen2 v10 at Jerez, racing has been a lot of fun there for the past 3 months. Its heavy turning and fast. I think that shows off the game the best especially for open wheelers.

For default I am leaning more towards it being great for gt3's but i find that hard to judge because I actually think default is the best across the widest array of cars.

--

So I use 76 gain
    0 lfb
    36 fx but maybe could be more for feel preference
    0 damping
    graph is usually in top 25% of work, and red bar rarely shows up.

thats it. Its the same level of feedback/balance that the custom gets - just not as strong and its a helpful default, too. So not sure which one is real(er), but its very good to game.

its difference to custom is that default, to my perception, is more helpful in the middle of a turn; the car is just dialed in that little bit more (more detail/weight/movement), while custom will rely on not the car (as such) but the ffb itself to derive a result. Thus I determined the slip effect on custom is too strong, I think.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

as already said, the ingame damping setting doesn't seem to work as intended. the setting range goes from 0 to 100, but any value above 5 - at least on simucube2 - is useless since all it does is introducing a lot of oscillating behaviour on the wheel, which can be tamed with, well, adding damping onto true drive, which contradicts the purpose and meaning of the ingame damper setting (as Renato said, it should be used in place of any damper set on the wheel itself).
    another thing I don't understand is which type of direct input effects are used by the game, to me it seems that di damper is only used for stationary friction when the car is into the pits, but di spring seems to have a pretty heavy effect on the ffb too.
    another funny thing is that "controller damping" and "controller vibration", despite being controller settings, both seems to still have some effects on the ffb.
    now, I guess ams2 ffb is mostly optimized for lower end wheels, but it would be nice to see a reasonable setting for dd wheels too, and some adjustments to the ingame damper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Yes, the in-game damper does seem to be whacked. I turned it off in game and just used the natural damper setting in the Fanatec control panel and it's so much better now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday after a month's break of AMS2 I had the first time a rage quit do to the rubbery vague FFB. I tried a race on Nordschleife with the Ginetta G55 GT4 but the FFB was oscillating in the middle and a little rubbery without clear feedback. I know a few versions ago I had avery good and clear feedback but this is gone. Why is the FFB changing so much?
    AMS2 v 1.4.5, Settings: default 44 gain, 0 LFB, 50 FX, 34 Damper
    DD2 with FF 66, NDP 14, NFR 3, NIN 0, INT 3

Maybe it's not possible without more settings to have a good FFB for low end wheels like Logitech and high end DD wheels. For sure a low end wheel needs a lot of compression of the signal whereas a high end wheel need more or less no compression.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This was helpful and a good hint.
    I didn't try to completely disable the in game Damper because Renato said this is the way to go.

With the Information from @SuperMonaco_GP I readjusted the settings.
    Reduced / disabled the in game damper to 0
    added some friction and damper to my Fanatec base: NDP 16 and NFR 5
    => result clear feedback and oscillation gone, a little light in the center but informative and fun to drive.

So I also think that the implementation of the in game damper is bugged at least for DD wheel bases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. shortcirkuit

shortcirkuit New Member

Hi all - i have the logitech g923 and was wondering if anyone else had the same wheel? i feel it could have a bit more force fedback - it feels kinda floaty if that makes sense. I am new to this whole thing and i have dabbled with settings - i was wondering if anyone else has this wheel and what needs to be done to get it feeling more intense? feels a bit light.

15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Use Stakanov's tuned custom FFB files from:

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

16. shortcirkuit

shortcirkuit New Member

17. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

You might also want to take a look at your cars setup.
    Not sure how familiar you are with making a setup, but I wasnt and on recommendation of some helpful people here I downloaded some setups through the TT section of AMS2. There you can download a Ghostcar and copy their setup to your own car.

So far Ive only tried a the Formula Reiza, the Merc GT1 and the Mclaren GT3 but it really does seem to tighten up the handling and eliminate the “floaty feeling”.

• Like Like x 1
  18. EvilNando

EvilNando New Member

Hello guys , first time user here, I dont feel like browsing through 86 pages of FFB discussion so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good TS-PC FFB setting, I drive mostly gt3 for now and I feel like the road and curbs are not well represented with my current settings but Im clueless on what to change to fix it

thanks

19. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi try these settings, work well for me :)! I use them for my T300Rs

Attached Files:

20. EvilNando

EvilNando New Member

I will give it a go thanks

• Like Like x 1