1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One that you dont see a lot in sims but I think the original rfactor had it? And that is that when you make adjustments to wing settings for the wings to visually change to that setting. I find weird that when you add or take off rear wing it looks the same regardless.

2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ability to have DRS indicators on dashboard apps such as SimDashboard for Android, please!

The DRS indicator doesnt even work on the F-Ultimate in-game wheel, so we have to use the UI to be able to know when it is available and if it is in use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gean

Gean khain

Yeah, that's something I keep questioning myself about, if it was an engine limitation or whatnot.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  4. god666

god666 New Member

Based on Game Build: actual one
    Request Title: Thin tuning of custom championship
    Description: Such as content manager in assetto corsa, possibility to give a scale of strength and aggressivity. For instance : 90+-10% and the algorythm distribute it upon the bench of drivers in the champ.
    Benefits: More realistic races and precise tuning of championship according to player preferences.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Eddie

Eddie New Member

League events that are in rotation. So I play forza motor sport pc gaming here and it lacks in simulation but offers constant racing. Could we see some race event rolling around the clock 5 minute practice 5 minute qualify 5-15 lap races all tracks and different types of vehicles to keep the racing fresh for a better understanding check out forza 7 league racing in multiplayer racing events.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

SRS is trying to make it happen: Sim Racing System

Unfortunately it is not well integrated with AMS2, so the experience is not like in AC where you simply open Content Manager, register for the race you want and you are ready to go. Besides, it is not as popular as AC races yet (where we often get grid with 20+ cars).

Hoping for either Reiza create their own system or they do a great partnership with SRS and make the experience seamless and promoted inside the game (register and join races through AMS2 interface).

7. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

]Based on Game Build: current
    Request Title:
    local offline multiplayer feature, sadly mostly forgot these days. Maybe something like ghost-mode in track day mode
    Description: We have a supercool option in timetrail mode to load ghosts, not only one but three. This is great. I ask for the same option in trackday mode, or a special section just like in old games, where you could put names for player 1, player 2 and player 3 for offline multiplayer
    Benefits: it would be supercool for „Partymode“ with some friends to race agains each other one by one. (I mean not online, some friends meet locally and wanna race against each other by hot-laping) I realized that timetrail does not help when my fastest ghost is saved, because my friends and I just wanna set fastest lap time per session, so to say at this evening. Racing agains my fastest ghost from tt mode is no fun when friends are not that often sim-racing and therefore not that fast. Beside that, well, partymode, alcohol,... u get the idea ;)
    Let’s call it partymode ghost. Does not need to be saved at any server, just local and with option to delete from local.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

To be honest, I would be really glad if Reiza could bring the game at least to Beta status.
    It is named version 1.3.5 now, but should be called 0.5 Pre Alpha instead, not ready for release.
    Don't get me wrong, I have been loving Reiza's games since the days of Stock Car Extreme, AMS 1 is the title I played most of the time throughout the last years, but one could write a book about missing features and the enormous amount of bugs within AMS 2.
    It's been a year since game was officially released, still a bug festival. :(;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Game enhancement request:
    - Update in car sound for GT3 Porsche, almost unbearable.
    - GT3 and GT4 cars just don't handle as I'd expect. Hard to explain, but they just float, don't seem to stick like these should.
    - Add a standalone/round speedometer/tach to the HUD that can be centered on hood view. Ala, PC2.
    - Add a set up app like PC2 to help average people set up their cars.
    - Save function for off-line games.
    - Once you have a driver rating system, make it a very large penalty for leaving race early!
    - Add Steam Friend Requests in game, suggest same place as VOTE TO KICK.
    - Allow Multiplayer Host to Kick Players that are "crashers" and can't come back for that session only.
    - Add Mandatory Pit announcement to top of screen when waiting the 2 minutes to "Ready" for a race. Along the top there is Weather, Wind, Temp, Fuel, TOD, Track, laps, etc. please add to let us know if mandatory pit is required.
    - Car paint booth so we can drive our own custom cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Based on Game Build: 1.1.4
    Request Title: Ability to select specific car models within class when selecting opponents + how many cars to have in each class
    Description: Allow the player to select specific car models within a class as opponents (eg in a P1/GT3 race only selecting the Ginetta as the P1 opponents instead of also including the Metalmoros), and allow the player to edit how many cars in a specific class they want (such as having only 5 P1s and 15 GTs)
    Benefits: More realistic grids depending on the type of racing, as well as simply helping player preference on what cars they want to race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

I want more weather options, specifically the ability to set starting track conditions. Starting a race on a wet track while its semi sunny out is alot of fun.

Also I wonder if selectable and adjustable in car settings for TC, engine map and ABS is planned for ams2?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Building on CatAstrophe05's idea, I think it would be really cool to have a custom class option.

Take Group A for example (also imagine it with more cars), what if we could split it into multiple classes? We could make our own custom championships with one "class" being RS500s and Skylines, another "class" being BMWs and another "class" being Honda Civics. I see this being useful as the GT3, Group C, etc. content is expanded.

(Yes, I've been watching a lot of early 90's Japanese Touring Car Championship videos on YouTube lately.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

Please remove "return to main menu" button when switching sessions. Happens so often I accidentally presses it and then you're screwed

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

separate AI settings for each class, 'cause with some cars I ...[​IMG]

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Idk if anyone else has suggested this or not, but can the P1 class either needs split into DRS capable and non-DRS capable classes? The Metal Muros are great, but there is no reason to use anything other than the Honda or Chevy variants given they have DRS. The Ginetta P1 feels amazing to drive, but it can't compete with it's movable aero competition.

16. Owen

Owen New Member

I would quite like to see fire being implemented? Since reliability was a big problem in the older classes of cars it would be cool to see. I don't have any knowledge in game development so I may unknowingly be asking for something that's quite hard to do but I know that older sims have done it in the past like GTR2 and GPL. It would be nice to see in a modern sim.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RolandOfDongworth

RolandOfDongworth New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.1.4.5
    Request Title: Additional character space for game lobby names & description box for overviews of the purposed race session.
    Description: Expand the amount of space for the lobby titles/names. Add some sort of a description "text box" that the game host can use to provide more information about the purposed race session.
    Benefits: As with Project Cars 2, there is a lack of clarity as to what you might be expecting when you join an online lobby. A simple description text box with a 100-150 character limit would be enough to write a useful description of the game expectations. I actually think this would be REALLY useful as a lot of times a simple location to type description notes into helps clarify expectations of what the lobby is running. Yes you can scan the fields for most of that info, but having a custom description field would make things a lot more flexible with regards to hosting sessions.

Examples below:

Example 1: "XYZ race night. Track list: Interlagos, Brands Hatch, Imola, Brathurst"
    or
    Example 2: "Welcome to XYZ online race lobby. Race clean, damage on, 1 mandatory pitstop, tire wear accelerated."

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bigger name fields in general would be appreciated, for example for saved car setups and pit strategies. More spots for pit strategies too. I think ATM it is limited to 10 or 12.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. RichyBugs

RichyBugs New Member

Driver matchmaking and team endurance racing would be amazing, I know that's a lot of work, but at that point, it's better than iracing

20. Potato Player

Potato Player New Member

I'd like 'head to head' time trial like you get in KartKraft.

Every time you start a lap you get the ghost car of the player above you in the leaderboard - totally automated, no loading required.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2