1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 - Extended Car Info Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Mar 23, 2021.

1. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats right but at the same time both have exactly the same charateristics. Equal performances! Toyota produces its own block (of the motor)

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

thank you the JL tags are spot on so you are on the right track.. :cool:

I will do some more homework..

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Coanda

Top pic is a Dart LS block and the bottom is a Chev LS3 MAST. Interestingly the Chev is stamped as 6.2 L. I have a in depth article which it is saying it was a 6.8 L (Motortrend) as MAST hone the LS3 although it is from 2014 though..

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Coanda

v1.0.5 (OP Updated)

- updated Stock Car 2019 & 2020 Chassis info and Engine info for Toyota's

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Coanda

v1.0.6 (OP updated)

- Updated Formula Classic G3 to include real life 1991 vehicle information for chassis, engine, year etc...
    Formula Classic G3 M1 (Ferrari 643)
    Formula Classic G3 M2 (Williams FW14)
    Formula Classic G3 M3 (Benetton B191)
    - fixed Formula Classic G3 M1 (Ferrari 643) shift type as it should be sequential paddle.

6. Coanda

Formula Classic G3 - I believe this Reiza formula class is modeled on the 1991 Formula One season and featuring the Ferrari 643, Williams FW14 and the Benetton B191 as the engine and gearbox specs, performance output and 3D models align close enough. This leads me on to onboard adjustable ARB's. This class features this in AMS2 for both front and rear adjustment however I believe the front ARB was only adjustable and only for the Ferrari and Williams just like Mario Andretti requested front ARB adjustment for the Lotus 79.

@Renato Simioni - Can the madness engine allow for front onboard ARB adjustment only..? And furthermore can it be limited to a number of steps rather than all ARB range..?

Ferrari 643 (Formula Classic G3 M1) - In various shots you can clearly see the 5 step front ARB adjustment lever mounted on the right hand side of the monocoque. Reiza do have this lever modeled in the cockpit however it is positioned lower down.
    [​IMG]

Williams FW 14 (Formula Classic G3 M2) - Again plenty of evidence to suggest they did have this adjustment and I also know the McLaren of this year did too.. Here you can clearly see the 5 step front ARB adjustment lever on the left hand side. This ARB lever is not modeled in AMS2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Benetton B191 (Formula Classic G3 M3) - I am yet to see any evidence online that this vehicle featured an adjustment lever and there are plenty of cockpit photographs online. No ARB lever is modeled in AMS2.

No ARB adjustment lever present.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  7. Coanda

v1.0.7 (OP Updated)

- Updated chassis, engine, year info for Formula Vintage, Classic & Retro

*Aligning these Reiza generic vehicles to real life vehicles from their respective year/era has opened up a couple of questions. More to come on this later..

8. Coanda

Formula Classic Gen 1 - This Reiza formula class draws heavily on the 1986 & 1987 Formula One season featuring the Williams FW11B and the Arrows-BMW A9. The 3D models are almost identical to these two classic vehicles which is nice to see.

Williams FW11B (Formula Classic Gen 1 M1 (540 kg)) - Unlike the real FW11B the Reiza version features a 5 speed H-Pattern gearbox. Vehicle weight and engine output from the Honda RA167E engine align with AMS2. I am not sure why Reiza decided to go with a 5 speed gearbox for this class as majority of vehicles from these two years feature a 6 speed manual gearbox.

[​IMG]

Arrows-BMW A9 (Formula Classic Gen 1 M2 (640 kg)) - Unlike the real Arrows-BMW A9 this Reiza version features a 5 speed H-Pattern gearbox. Reiza also have this listed this vehicle as a V6 turbo charged engine and they have 3D modeled twin exhausts pipes (as best I can see after a crash) however this vehicle (like others) featured a inline 4 BMW M12/13/1 which is suggested to be the most powerful F1 engine in history topping out at 1400 HP in qualify trim in 1986 before the imposed 4 BAR boost restriction in 1987. These figures align with what we see in AMS2 as this vehicle is pumping out 1380 HP which is 100 HP up on the Williams/Model 1 however the weight of the vehicle in AMS2 is suggested to be 630 kg. @Renato Simioni is the Ui correct..? This additional 90 kg weight figure does not align with the figures of the Arrows-BMW 09 and the other Formula One vehicles from this period. If this value is really the weight of the vehicle in AMS2 then this hurts the Power to Weight ratio/rank significantly giving the Williams FW11B (Formula Classic Gen 1 M1) a clear advantage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Coanda

v1.0.8 (OP Updated)

- added new Brabham BT46B vehicle

• Like Like x 2
  10. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Senna’s Lotus 98 had a 5 speed if I recall correctly. Dumfries raced with a 6 speed in his Lotus. Different car sure, but I wonder if this is a nod to Senna since it is a semi-fictional car. Plus six speeds would be really tricky with a shifter IMO. So handy creative license.

11. Coanda

I find the 6 speed in the Brabham BT46B & Formula Classic G3 M3 (Benetton B191) OK although I do like dog-leg 5 speeds too...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  12. oez

Yep, but these turbo cars go through gears so fast even when they are only 5 speeds. That's what I'm thinking.

13. Coanda

The 86 Brabham BT55 7-Speed manual would have been cool in one of these 1400 HP monsters..

14. Coanda

v1.0.9 (OP Updated)

- updated Formula V12 (1995 Ferrari 412 T2) chassis & engine info
    - added wheelbase and track data for various classes/cars with hopefully a little more to come..
    - updated power steering indicator for Group C and McLaren F1 GTR GT1

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Coanda

GT1

I am yet to find any document, article, regulation, photograph or video evidence that suggests that any GT1 had onboard adjustable ARB's.. Personally I think they should be switched off in AMS2 until proven otherwise.. @Renato Simioni

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Coanda

... cont.. To my knowledge GT1 does not allow electronic aids and one being auto blip. As requested this was disabled this for Super V8 (V8 Supercars); can you please switch this off for GT1 too...?
    Raceroom & iRacing do not auto blip on downshifts too.

edit add: This is only effecting the Mercedes.. Bug has been raised.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  17. Coanda

Group C

I am yet to find any document, article, regulation, photograph or video evidence that suggests that any Group C had onboard adjustable ARB's.. Personally I think they should be switched off in AMS2 until proven otherwise.. @Renato Simioni

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Coanda

v1.0.10 (OP Updated)

- highlighted indicators that do not align with real world race vehicles.

Red = Incorrect with real life vehicle
    Orange = Semi incorrect with real life vehicle. eg. Some Formula cars could only alter front ARB from onboard
    Blue = Unsure with data. Best educated guess taken for now..

19. oez

Do we know more about Copa Uno as a racing series? I haven't found anything, but clearly I don't have research skills like some of you here.

[​IMG]

20. Coanda

Formula Uno aka Onix jeans ran between 92-97. Initially it was 1.6 litre natural aspirated engines however I belive in 95 they added a turbo class..