1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaction to Ermin's Video

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by steelreserv, Apr 22, 2021.

1. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Not my thing, but I had to.

Seems to be a trend now...

And thrilling conclusion...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 19
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just can’t take him seriously. He did a video about a year ago where he was saying stuff like “oh wow, in AMS2 I can tell exactly what the tyres are doing. This is amazing” etc. So what happened? Either he was talking rubbish then, or he is now.

The feeling I get is, he realised he could get more hits dissing rather than praising, so decided to go that way. It’s all about the $.

Unrelated, but that ‘legends’ and ‘least knowledgeable sim racer’ stuff really is jarring.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

It is kind of related to what's wrong with his style (not gonna attach the name here, but I don't mean Steelcast). The combination of saying "least knowledgeable sim racer" and questionable statements - as opposed to observations - after is the sim content creator version of "I'm not racist, but...". Obviously not as serious though.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the same guy who thought it was fine to talk about "brain-dead mongoloids" in a video bashing Project CARS 3 (the bashing was appropriate, the discriminatory language very much not so) so bear in mind the sort of person we are talking about here.

(Edited to add: That's in reference to Ermin, in case it was unclear)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

I like hermin and his videos, but I don't understand his 180 degree turn on AMS2. As the game got better his views on it turned the opposite way. No disrespect to him but his credibility kinda goes down the drain when his opinion is all over the place. Don't get me wrong, some days I feel like all sims are **** and simracing is stupid, the next day is the best thing in the world. But if I were to make videos based on my current state of mind I wouldnt have much credibility either. Anyways steelcast I love your videos and I think you do a whole lot more for the community than Hermin and his rollercoaster of opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're a professional YouTuber, you sort of have to run towards where the viewers are (hello generic ACC content). Ermin is more blatant about it than others, hence his efforts to shoehorn in ACC content despite the fact he clearly would like to just make rF2 videos (even more niche than AMS2). I prefer the videos where he actually drives the sim and comments on his experience (he's not a bad sim racer tbf), rather than giving generic business analysis. Sorry, but having experience as a producer and audio engineer in the music business doesn't qualify you to opine on the development cycle of racing sims.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Civilized and reasonable. Thanks!

I actually agree with Ermins point to some degree about the flowing update process bearing a bit of possible frustration, but statements like that MADNESS engine=provided simcade/simplification always let me crack up big time. :D

8. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Id rather watch Neils' spreadsheets than listen to Hermins opinions for most of which he has no real backing data (or experience or whatever). Plus his fruity voice just makes me feel strangely "violated" :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. azaris

But Crimson, you don't understand, ACC models the RAIN WATER FLOWING IN THE GUTTERS! It must be the ultimate realistic simulation! Oh wait it shipped with a one-point tyre model.

10. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

To be fair I liked that useless feature. Probably something all devs and artists need to do sometimes to let off steam after working on a looong task. Do something fun and experimental on a Friday afternoon.

It's a bit like all the helicopters and drones in AMS2 although lets be honest nobody is going to see that gutter, but everyone is going to notice stuff flying in the air.

11. CrimsonEminence

ACC has a pretty nice rain system actually (to steer it away a bit from this cynical approach, we better don't do here :D) and their track detail is also amazing af, i really enjoy it. Unfortunately, the AI and performance got slower for me. I'm not much into this tribalism. In terms of immersion, ACC and AMS2 are actually pretty close in my perception! :)
    Every sim has weak points, this is an example (which has improved a LOT fortunately, tho). Every sim always has a catch, it's almost like real life. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. azaris

Every game has a compute cycle budget. I'd rather it got spent on useful features that enhance the driving feel or the actual racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

I know... :p Don't underestimate immersion itself, though.^^

14. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well done Steelcast, im delighted you made this video.
    Its clear Ermin is going/gone down the route of most youtubers and making content for views and i get that but its also clear he hasnt touched AMS2 in months thus making him unqualified or entitled to make such a video.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ermin is clever businessman youtuber doing youtube things: going where the views are (ACC), making controversal videos with dubious arguments for the sake of views. I really despise this and you inevitably have herd of viewers taking these thing for gospel.
    Initially in love with early AMS, then rF2, now ACC. Guy has decided to go to whatever is popular at the moment, with steam charts in your face.
    It does not mean AMS2 cannot be criticized and is absolutely perfect, but if you do that publicly in a long video you'd better know the development model, what the constraints are, be fair and balanced, and have played the sim quite a bit recently.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

AMS2 is the absolute definition of a rough diamond, in my eyes. I don’t think anyone could seriously claim it’s not lacking in certain key areas. It needs a lot more polish and fleshing out. But it has that hint of utter magic now that makes others sims - ACC included - feel a bit dull in comparison, to me. I love it.

I do not love his channel. Feels very forced and calculated.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have ACC but I have not started it up at least the last year - BUT I have read a lot (positive) about their rain system.
    Some of the more professional reviewers even greeted it as the best implementation of water on a virtual racing track - because ACC does more than change the grip but does also simulate how the tires are able to penetrate the waterfilm on different track conditions and speeds.;)

ByTheWay: I have never tried driving in ACCs rain :p

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Best thing about this vid for me was putting a face to your voice :p Best thing about Ermin's vid was that i had an audience to try and sell my Formula V2 :whistle: (anyone here interested?) Not that i have any buyers yet but at least its an audience to try to sell to :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

The Madness engine isn't half bad either when it comes to water simulation:
    Source: SLIGHTLY MAD STUDIOS GROUP - MADNESS ENGINE TECHNOLOGY

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

You made 2 mistakes .
    One. he was wrong both time and he his wrong most of the time.
    two, not a good idea to promote his channel.

There is a plethora of good and interesting you tuber out there, with relevant observations and accurate information, even Ermin realize he his the least knowledgeable sim racer.

• Like Like x 1