1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 - Extended Car Info Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Mar 23, 2021.

1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! Onix Jeans actually helped find the full name. I love how it was called Formula Uno. Top banter.

2. oez

I found some sources, translated them and did my take based on those sources...

"Copa Uno is a class based on the historical Copa Onix Jeans de Fórmula Uno. It’s a one-make series for Fiat Uno with multiple categories in the end. It’s unclear which category is represented in the Copa Uno class in AMS2.

Launched by Fiat in 1992. The series became so popular so fast that at the end of the season there were nearly 50 cars on the grid. Category B had to be created for 1993 and then in 1994 another one for turbocharged Unos.

As you can see from the video attached below, the racing was close and looked sensational. Many slides, spins, crashes. With the throaty inline 4 engines screaming around Interlagos.

Sometimes unexpected cars produce the best racing.

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and popularity dwindled down after 1996. The series was eventually axed in 1997."

Also onboard:
    (start of the video might be interesting for those who understand Portuguese, I don't know :D)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

v1.0.11 (OP updated)

- confirmed Omega Stock Car power steering. Thank you @Wedsley Dias
    - updated Formula Vee Brazil engine layout and engine info. 3D model is showing liquid cooled inline 4 which will be the VW 1.6 L - EA111 engine that came in in 2015..
    - added Fuel Tank Size for each vehicle. More to come later; this opens up some questions particularly for GT3, GT4, P4, Street Cars, Formula V12, Omega & Opola Stock Car classes as there potentially seems to be some values that do not align with their real life vehicles..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  4. oez

Couple things:

F1 V10 G1 is probably based on Dome F105 - Wikipedia. Just wanted to put this out there. It's an interesting detail.

Is the Lotus 49C technically from 1967? Or 1970? From what I can see the 49C only raced in the 1970 season. But the original is from 1967. Do we use the original unmodified year and ignore the revision's (C) year?

5. Coanda

Good spot; I already have it listed as this under the Chassis manufacturer & Notes. In the next version I will move it to the Car name field to align with the other Reiza overrides..

6. Coanda

Fuel Tank Size (part 1)

Firstly these vehicles have been verified and align with their real life counterpart to +/- 1 litre as AMS2 generally shows one additional litre.

Aussie Racing Camaro

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 3.8
    Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 4.0
    Caterham 620R
    Caterham Academy (270R)
    Caterham Superlight (360R)
    Caterham Supersport (360R)
    IVECO Stralis
    MAN TGX
    Mercedes-Benz Actros-2651
    Volkswagen Constellation
    Formula Classic G1 M2 (Arrows-BMW A9)
    Formula Classic G1 M1 (Williams FW11B)
    Formula Classic G2 M1
    Formula Classic G2 M2
    Formula Classic G2 M3
    Formula Classic G3 M1 (Ferrari 643)
    Formula Classic G3 M2 (Williams FW14)
    Formula Classic G3 M3 (Benetton B191)
    Porsche 962C
    Sauber C9
    McLaren F1 GTR
    Mercedes-Benz CLK LM
    Porsche 911 GT1-98
    Mercedes-AMG GT3
    Ginetta G40 Cup
    Ginetta G55 GT4
    Mitsubishi Lancer R
    Mitsubishi Lancer RS
    MCR S2000
    Sprint Race
    Super V8 (Gen2 ZB)

Cross checking from creditable sources, manufacture websites, regulations, technical handbooks the following vehicles did not align with their real life counterpart.

Dallara F301 & F309 - (AMS2: 41 L vs Source: 45.5 L)

- According to the Dallara owners manual and iRacing the fuel tank size is 45.5 litres.

Formula Classic G2 M3 (AMS2: 195 L vs Source: 150 L)
    - This Rezia generic formula model is clearly based on the 1988 low output 2.5 BAR turbo charged Formula One race car. 1988 saw further turbo boost restrictions going down from 4.0 BAR (new 1987 restriction) to 2.5 BAR. The FIA were pushing manufacturers to swap to naturally aspirated engines so for 1988 they also further imposed a 150 litre fuel tank size for turbo charged cars only which is clearly documented for the 1988 McLaren MP4/4.

Formula V12 (Ferrari 412 T2) - (AMS2: 221 L vs Source: 140 L)
    - This vehicles 3D model is almost 100% aligned with the 1995 Ferrari 412 T2 and Reiza have also simulated a low output 3.0 L V12 at 667 HP aligning virtually spot on with the 412 T2 performance output. According to various websites including Ferrari (Ferrari 412 T2 (1995) - Ferrari.com), this vehicle was restricted to a 140 litre fuel tank size as well as the engine capacity was cut from a 3.5 to 3.0 litre V12 after the horrible year of Imola 94.

BMW M3 Sport Evo GrA (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 110 L)
    - One in depth source suggests thisvehicle is 110 litres (BMW E30 M3: Racing History and Specifications | Motor Fanatics). I also found various sources suggesting the Audi V8 quatro had a 120 litre tank fitted therefore it is very much possible this is accurate.

BMW M6 GT3 (AMS2: 131 L vs Source: 125 L)

- Various websites + ACC/SRO have this vehicle listed as 125 litres.

Porsche 911 GT3 R (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 120 L)

- Porsche website, FIA, SRO/ACC all suggest this vehicle to be 120 litres.
    "FT3 safety fuel cell (approx. 120 litre) with fuel cut off safety valve in accordance with FIA regulations"

McLaren 720S (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 125 L)

- SRO/ACC suggest this vehicle to be 125 litres.

McLaren 570S (AMS2: 108 L vs Source: 110 L)

McLaren technical specification document (https://cars.mclaren.com/content/dam/mclaren-automotive/customer-racing/Current GT Models/brochures/570S GT4 Specification.pdf) + SRO/ACC all suggest this vehicle to be 110 litres.

Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR (AMS2: 101 vs Source: 115)

- Porsche website, FIA, SRO/ACC all suggest this vehicle to be 115 litres.
    " 115 liters FT3 safety fuel cell with »Fuel Cut Off« safety valve according to FIA regulations (»Competition«)_ 80 liters FT3 safety fuel cell with »Fuel Cut Off« safety valve according to FIA regulations (»Trackday)

MINI Cooper JCW (AMS2: 56 L vs Source: 44 L)

- The Mini JCW lists the three fuel tank sizes for the varous MINI body types however none of them are 56 litres and the Mini Challenge technical regulations states clearly that the standard 2 door hatch must only be used and built between 2014-2021 which had a 44 litre fuel tank size which aligns as it is also listed on the official JCW website.

BMW M1 Procar (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 116 L)

- Various websites and including R3R have this vehicle listed for production, rally and race versions as 116 litres.

Ginetta G58 (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 103 L)

- Official Ginetta G58 engineers handbook has this vehicle listed as 103 litres.
    https://www.ginetta.com/uploads/downloads/2019-01-21-G58-Engineers-Handbook-V1.3.pdf

Chevrolet Opala 86 & Omega 99 Stock Car (AMS2: 55 L vs Source: 100 & 120 L)

- According to this historical scanned magazine from the 90's the Opola 86 is 100 litres and the Omega 99 Stock Car is 120 litres.
    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4HA7LXvmSog/XD_7N_LyW4I/AAAAAAAC8-g/qbB5l2FmyCM9aycRjdS3bcAcS_h1khgjACLcBGAs/s1600/409%2C147%2C34%2C08%2CTE.jpg

McLaren F1 LM (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 90 L)

- It seems the GT1 fuel tank size has been set here. It is well documented that the road version has a 90 litre fuel tank size.

Chevrolet Camaro SS (AMS2: 96 L vs Source: 72 L)

- various websites all suggest this vehicle to be 72 L.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Coanda Do you like cars or do you have Asperger, like me. Caus you keep me amazed with what information you find everyday, wohoo.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Coanda

Group A (DTM)

Firstly I do not write these posts to tell the whole intricate history of the class. This is mainly areas of focus to try and align AMS2 technical vehicle details with their real life counterpart and with a little bit of history thrown in for fun..

Group A had many touring car championships (TCC) all over the world. In Europe, Britain, Germany, Japan, Australia & New Zealand to name a few.. The two 1992 Group A cars we have in AMS2 were part of the Germin DTM which followed the FIA Group A rules until the end of 1992. Between 1993-1995 they had more freedom which was derived from the FIA Class 1 touring car rules allowing for AWD, ABS, TC, carbon chassis etc..

Here is where it gets a little tricky in the early 90's.. From my understanding not all TCC followed the exact same Group A rules. There may have been some subtle differences.

"The final Evo spec in Group A (NOT DTM) was reached by 1990. By then Australia had drifted off into its own variant of Group A, just as DTM had too. Japan however, stayed pure to the Group A ethos and what the FISA (FIA) doled out in terms of rules."

Lets look at the BMW M3 Sport Evo GrA we have in AMS2. Interesting enough there are plenty online articles, photos and videos to suggest this vehicle having driver adjustable ARB's. The current DTM rules allow for it however it is hard to know if this was one of those subtle differences that may have been found in some championships and not others.. AMS2 currently does not have driver adjustable ARB's for this vehicle. The question is should it..?

In all these example it is clear to see there is a driver adjustable Front & Rear ARB lever.
    [​IMG]

The following two photos is from a replica rebuild of a ex Anthony Reid that raced in the Japan TCC - 1992 Group A 2.5 Evo BMW M3 Ex Anthony Reid | Ecurie Bowden
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The fuel tank size is also a difficult one. Current DTM rules permit a 120 litre fuel tank however when the current DTM formed in 2000 it was between 65-70 litres. I have found some sources suggesting the early 90's Audi V8 Quatro was 120 litres and one source saying the BMW M3 Sport Evo was 110 litres. Interestingly though R3R has their 1992 DTM Mercedes-Benz & BMW M3 Sport Evo both set at 60 litres..

Trying to find clear onboard cockpit cabin shots of the Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO 2 DTM is proving to be a lot harder than first thought. For an extremely popular race car that has been all over the world and even been kicked around many motor shows there just isn't a lot out there that shows the detail I am looking for. As always I'll keep hunting though..

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Coanda

Fuel Tank Size (part 2)

MetalMoro MRX P3/4 (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 92 L)

- According to the NC racing team that runs one MRX this race car uses a 92 litre fuel tank.

Technical Info: Ficha técnica do MRX :: Equipe NC Racing

Stock Car Brazil (AMS2: 101 L)

- Mixed reports from 2014 suggest that Stock Car used 100 or 106 litre fuel tank and the official site says some races in 2016 were permitted to use 110 litres of fuel. I am yet to find any information between 2019-2021 however I will keep looking..

10. oez

Good question. I simply accept that he really likes specs, because it removes of 90% of the work needed from Cars of AMS2. Or adds 90% of value however you want to look at it. Having to do this part would have me go "nope". That Coanda's work existed in the first place inspired me to do my part.

11. Coanda

v1.0.12 (OP Updated)

- added leading column on Google sheet to link each vehicle to it's vehicle information page on the Cars of AMS2 website (Cars by Class | Cars of AMS2)
    - updated Group A vehicle year
    - colour coded Fuel Tank information for vehicles that do not align with their real life counterpart
    - added various dimension info for a couple of vehicles (more to come)..

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Coanda

Fuel Tank Size (part 3)

Ultima GTR (640 Road Car) (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 78 L)

- according to the FAQ on the official Ultima website the fuel tank used for this vehicle is 78 litres.

Frequently Asked Questions
    "The total fuel tank capacity is 78 litres.
    The lightweight Ultima supercar with a typical 500+bhp Chevrolet V8 fuel injected power plant will deliver a fuel consumption of around 28mpg on a longer cruise. Using repeated full throttle applications will considerably reduce this figure."

13. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you again, Coanda (and others!) for putting this together. So much information! I mostly enjoy looking at the specific years, and with Youtube, I can go see how some of these cars were actually driven back in the day.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Coanda

Fuel Tank Size (part 4)

Copa Montana (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 87-88.5 L)
    - The official CBA 2012 Copa Montana technical regulations state clearly the dimension of the two fuel tanks that can be used. A smaller tank is made by ZEFIR.

1. 910mm x 360mm x 270mm = 88.5 liters
    2. 880mm x 355mm x 265mm = 87 liters

ams2_copa_montana_fuel_tank_regs.jpg

+

18.1.6. É opcional a instalação de um cash tank com capacidade de até 1,5 litros no fundo do tanque, eliminando-se o cash atual (interno).

It's fairly safe to say this could be set at 90 liters in AMS2 to compensate for fuel lines etc...

Stock Car Brasil (AMS2: 101 L)
    - Here is what I found for the official 2019, 2020 & 2021 regulations.

Technical regulations state the mandatory use of a JL Racing (Giaffone) Part # 9.5.00045 fuel tank. 2020 & 2021 CBA Stock Car platform regulations state a internal bladder can be used from Sat Racing. Oddly enough with all the Giaffone COMBUSTÍVEL listed parts shown in the 2020 & 2021 CBA Stock Car platform regulations no part number 9.5.00045 was used.

ams2_stck_car_fuel_tank_regs.jpg

15. Coanda

Driver Onboard Adjustable Brake Bias

@Renato Simioni - To save you some time I have checked every vehicle for the onboard Brake Bias adjustment and below is a list of vehicles that do not align with the information on the Ui. Next step is to verify some vehicles (ie. F3, P4) to see if they should or should not have this adjustment in the game. I know the MCR 2000 does in real life yet it is disabled in AMS2..

These vehicles do not have onboard Brake Bias adjustment in AMS2 however the Ui says they do..

Chevrolet Chevette - B
    Fiat Uno - B
    Puma GTE - B
    Volkswagen Gol - B
    Volkswagen Passat - B
    Puma GTB - FL
    Volkswagen Fusca - FL
    Volkswagen Gol - FL
    Volkswagen Passat - FL
    Formula Trainer Advanced
    Ginetta G40 Cup
    Ginetta G40 GT5
    Puma P052 GT5
    Volkswagen Fusca HC1
    Volkswagen Fusca HC2
    Volkswagen Gol - HC
    Volkswagen Passat - HC
    MINI Cooper JCW
    Kart 125cc 2STROKE
    Kart GX390 Race
    Kart GX390 Rental
    Kart 125cc Shifter
    Mitsubishi Lancer R
    Mitsubishi Lancer RS
    MetalMoro MRX P4
    MCR S2000 P4
    Chevrolet Opala 86 SC
    Chevrolet Omega 99 SC
    Super Kart 250cc

These vehicles do have onboard Brake Bias adjustment in AMS2 however the Ui says they do not..

(Copa Truck)
    IVECO Stralis
    MAN TGX
    Mercedes-Benz Actros-2651
    Volkswagen Constellation

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  16. Coanda

v1.0.13 (OP Updated)

- added onboard Brake Bias adjustment indicator information for each vehicle
    - added Brasil Stock Car 2019-2021 wheelbase dimensions

17. Coanda

Group A (DTM) part 2

Taken from the FIA 1992 Group A technical regulations under the anti-rollbar section.

ams2_group_a_ar_regs.jpg
    "5.3.5) The material and dimensions of the main springs are free es, but not the type; the platforms of the springs may be made adjustable or adjustable, including by the addition of material."

add (ENG): "5.3.5)The material and main spring dimensions are free (but not the type). The spring seats may be made adjustable even if this includes the adjunction of material"

The wording "by the addition of material" suggests to me that driver adjustable anti-rollbar systems were permitted.. Of course my interpretation could be wrong.

18. Coanda

Fuel Tank Size (part 5)

Group A DTM (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 110 L)
    - Confirmed. My original source that suggested the BMW M3 Sport Evo GrA had a 110 litre tank was correct. Here is the fuel regulations taken from the FIA 1992 Group A technical regulations.

ams2_group_a_fuel_regs.jpg

19. Coanda

GT1 Onboard Adjustable ARB's (part 2)

Confirmed.

Regulation 10.2.4 from the official FIA 1998 GT1 technical regulations clearly states that the use of onboard adjustable ARB's is prohibited. Please disable in AMS2.

"10.2.4 - Modification of sprungs, shock absorbers and rollbars adjustement from inside the car will not be permitted"

ams2_GT1_ARB_fia_regs.jpg

20. Coanda

Fuel Tank Size (part 6)

Ultima GTR Race (BritCar Endurance Championship) (AMS2: 101 L vs Source: 100 L)

- 100 litre fuel tank confirmed for this race version Ultima. Not to be confused with the 78 litre tank fitted to the road version. This car featured heavily in the Britcar Endurance Championship around 2010-2012 and MacG Racing thankfully documented the full build.

Current Britcar endurance regulations state a FIA FT3 fuel tank must be fitted with a maximum of 120 litres however MacG used a 100 litre tank and I also have seen a couple of 2006-2010 Ultima GTR race vehicles for sale stating the same capacity.

"5.11 FUEL TANKS AND DELIVERY SYSTEMS5.11.1The vehicle may not have more than 120 litres of fuel carrying capacity.5.11.2Fuel tanks may be replaced by a safety fuel cell homologated by the FIA (specification FT3). Inthis case, the number of cells are free and the cell must be placed inside the luggagecompartment or in the original location.The construction of collector tanks with a capacity ofless than 1 litre is free."

Interesting in MacG Racing published specs below he states the steering lock is "Alloy sports rack and pinion 2 turns lock to lock." which to me reads as 720 DOR. Currently this set at 540 DOR in AMS2. He confirms onboard brake bias adjustment hower no mention or photos to suggest this vehicle had driver onboard adjustable ARB's like we have in AMS2.

MacG Racing listed Ultima GTR (600) spec

Chassis

Full spaceframe using mainly 38mm x 1.5mm diameter tube MIG welded. Panelled in 1.5mm NS4 alloy sheet.

Body and Aero

Unstressed GRP finished in MacG Racing yellow gelcoat. Double element high downforce carbon fibre Reverie rear wing, MacG Racing front splitter and aero kit. Quick release fastners on bodywork and FIA dry break fuelling system and endurance specification 100 litre tank fitted.

Interior and Lighting

MacG Racing designed interior featuring Ultima seats with FIA approved harnesses, plumbed in FIA compliant extinguisher system, pit to car radio, Motec logging system, and MacG Racing designed switchgear. Interior finished in blue Alcantara trim as per MacG Racing design and specification. MacG Racing LED headlight system. On-board Lister airjack system. Driver drinks system available.

Suspension

MacG Racing designed TIG welded double unequal length wishbones with rosejoints front and rear. MacG Racing billet alloy uprights at the rear featuring a single piece drive spindle, with MacG Racing designed front uprights. Double adjustable custom design Quantum coil spring dampers. Fast camber adjustment front and rear.

Steering and Brakes

Alloy sports rack and pinion 2 turns lock to lock. 385mm vented disc brakes on the front and 320mm vented discs at the rear, with AP Racing six pot endurance spec callipers at the front and four pot callipers at the rear. Adjustable brake bias front to rear.

Engine and Gearbox

MacG Racing prepared Chevrolet 7 litre LS7 V8 with 3 stage dry sump and Motec M800 ECU with driver adjustable traction control, all custom built to MacG Racing specifications. Albins ST6-M fully sequential transaxle with Geartronics paddleshift system, adjustable LSD, dropgears, built in oil pump and filter, remote oil cooler and custom LS7 bellhousing. MacG Racing specification exhaust and air induction system.

ams2_ultima_gtr.jpg