1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHERE IS LIFT OFF OVERSTEER????????????

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by florian ray, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep in mind defaults has to be default / neutral setup. If it's the best setup why even have setups in the game? Tuning is part of racing and it's fun it you understand the basics and can change a car for the track and doing your very best to finish on a good position. I do agree if physics for certain cars have changed then the default setup for that car has to be look into, tho.

But hej, tuning is fun. in 2015 - 2017 I created 109+ setups for Dirt Rally 1. Even had a popular workshop. 5 stars etc. It's so fun to drive on the track. Tinkering what needs to be changed. Little more height > Drive track > Hmm needs a tad more > drive track > perfect. Then drive the track a little more > needs more rear brake bias so I can tap the corners > more brake bias > drive track > perfect. etc etc etc. It took a lot of time to tune 109 setups for 6 countries. Perhaps 300 or 5000 of my total 1200+ playtime, haha.

I do admit I find tuning on circuits a bit boring, because I am more a rally-tuning guy. But tuning in AMS 1 & 2 is fine. AMS 1 had a heavy empasis on tyre pressure, etc. AMS 2 its the diffs thats the most important. Tuning a little bit here and there and doing the basics is often just fine for AMS 2. in AMS 1 I had different setups with different tyre pressures for every track with differert weather temperatures. It was fun to do that. Tinkering which tyre pressure was perfect for which hot or cold weather. Even a 5 degrees celcius would change how a car behaved.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I think the most part is getting used to driving the car itself.
    Getting used to the way the car reacts to certain inputs, little quirks it may have and ultimately spending a little time learning the car before going mad tinkering with setups.

A good example is you could probably spend a few weeks learning the car in it's default state before even touching a thing, trying to get the most out of the car.
    Yeah you can make the obvious changes, fuel,brakes,steering etc.
    Then you can start making slight changes here and there to suit your style.
    Some people are too quick to make changes, trying to make a Porsche 911 feel like a mid engine rocket like the Mclaren, it's just not going to happen, each car is it's own machine in AMS2.

A lot of other Sims you can pretty much drive/tune/setup many cars in the same way and they all feel very similar in style.

Yeah some cars could definitely be better out the box, in fact the whole game could be a lot more stable in general IMO.

Making wholesale changes before understanding what the car does isn't going to help.
    Your better off sticking to a car that suits you from the get go, instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are talking 100 cars x 75 circuits? That is already 7500 setups... Now you see why simplified physics and small number of circuits allow ACC to give you already fast setups

4. Ettore

+1 on this...

5. Ettore

We are not just talking about being fast. It's more about liking how the car drives and stop saying that physics are broken because the car doesn't drive the way you want.
    No one says that heavy lift off oversteer is mandatory the fastest way around a circuit, but if that is what fits someone's idea of good physics or properly driving car they should be able to dial their car that way.
    Being fast is also the result of many other things and setup is only one of them but for sure a setup that works and is fast in 20 different circuits smells faked physics indeed.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ettore

It's mostly because of the monster money SRO and Fanatec (more recently) are pouring into advertising it and "supporting" streamers/influencers. Beside obviously having a good looking, decently driving and usable package.
    But if you think that popularity stems only from the accuracy of the simulator you are gravely mistaken

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Ettore

True it is a lengthy process unless you really make heavy use of advanced telemetry tools that can highlight certain things and their causes straightaway. Without that, between getting acquainted with the way the car behaves and working on making it behave more the way I want it it will take to me 15 hours of driving for a track/circuit combo. And moving to another circuit with the same car will decrease it only very partially

As a side note on certain other sims (like iracing and ACC) the need for setups has created a real market and several providers made a business out of it. Nothing says that the same cannot be done for AMS2 if someone dares to.
    But ultimately the point is: if you don't like the way the car drives with the baseline you have options to look at in order to alter the car's behavior while what we see too often is just people saying I can't find this effect or I can't drive the car this way out of the box so physics are broken and this childish thinking involves also far too many streamers who should be experts.

8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

I dont know what to say to such nonsense.:rolleyes:
    Where have I said that "physics are broken"?:rolleyes:
    Where have I said ANYTHING about missing or mandatory oversteer?:rolleyes:
    Are you complete bonkers?
    If something in this forum are false facts - then its these 2 inventions of yours about what I say.

ByTheWay: The only thing I have said about the physics in the cars in AMS2 is that there are some cars that I consider spot on physicswise - and better than any other racing sims I know of.
    And others that I dont consider has much resemblance of existing RL vehicles.
    Take that my good man - instead of inventing lies about other people.:rolleyes:

9. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Lol, you absolutely didnt read a single word in this thread did u?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kevin del Campo

Thanks for making my point. I have nothing to add.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Ettore

LOL if you cut and paste someone sentence you can make anyone say what you want...
    I will quote my real sentence back maybe you could read it better and feel slightly ashamed of such childish behavior

12. Ettore

This and other comments reported were not referring necessarily all to what you said. Some are things you said some are things others said.
    I bet it is not necessary to have separate posts discussing separately what each person said especially when formulating an opinion on a common subject.

13. Kevin del Campo

Ah so you do know how to read! So now go back and read my post and tell me where I said Reiza need to make 7500 setups.

I seriously think you dont know what the point of my posts in this thread is and youre accusing people of childish thinking.
    Were done, have a good day bro.

14. Ettore

I just told you that the required based on track and car number would be 7500. Those are the numbers to replicate what ACC does. That is all I said myself.
    If you don't like it get over it.
    I think you know what I am saying too. 7000 sets are not feasible as much 400 of them needed just to cover safe aggressive setups for dry and wet for each car. Even if If those 400 are done we fall back on the previous situation: having a setup (or 2) per car that masters 75-100 circuits is really a master of none of them and yields very mediocre results especially on a proper simulator where settings count.
    If you want to argue on something it is always welcome to exchange opinions, no need to be a spoiled child as soon as someone does not agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Physics, diffs and tires are broken, nothing to do with setups, just wait a fix and install the game again ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No they aren't.
    It has.
    I really didn't expect, that you would feed false narrative mate.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

There are already many threads about this but its not entirely true, there is couple of cars (Retro-F and Vintage) that suffer from weird LSD behaviour, most other cars maybe feel too floaty or slidey but with diffs, they need a "correct" setup.

18. Kevin del Campo

So how does one solve this handling through setup? And does it actually change that much per different track and car or is there a basic rule of thumb that would improve things?

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

As allways when a discussion becomes binary (false/true - yes/no) then like when this same thing happen in a kindergarden :whistle: any reasonable logic does disappear.:cool:

Because eventhough the physics, diffs and tires are not completely broken in AMS2 - then there are some cars which does behave so weird (comp to RL) that the word "broken" isnt completely false.

And the same goes with setups.
    Because just because you actually allways are able to change the behaviour of even socalled "broken" cars - then you cannot completely solve the weird (unrealistic) behaviour of these cars.
    Because the issues is buried inside the code for physics, diffs and tires.

The wait a fix and install the game again isnt a socalled false narrative:rolleyes: - but actually just a kind of exaggering of the mandatory: delete all setups after an update - or better: completely delete the documents\AMS2 to be sure.

ByTheWay: Why it is not a false narrative then its because once upon a time in the future it will probably be better to get rid of all Reizas sidestepped or half solved issues through tons of updates - by starting the game all over in a "clean" version.:D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Last time I did this was in a AMG GT3, for this car, try this:
    Preload 30Nm, Viscous LSD 50Nm or 0, 50 should be enough.
    Now try the 2 ramp angle extremes, coast for now. 25 (easy to lock the diff, more understeer on turn in), then 85 or 89 (harder to lock, more oversteer on turn in).