1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 hours nürburgring

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by aljosha100, May 1, 2021.

1. aljosha100

aljosha100 New Member

Hello

I have a question.
    I want to buy automobilista 2 and it depends on the answers.
    Is it possible to do an 24 hour race at the nürburgring with multiclass cars like gt3 and gt4 for example? And what is the car limit. Can I do a race with 40 gt4s and 30 gt3s? Or is it limited to 30 or 40 cars only? The performance should not be a problem, because I have an 3090 and an ryzen 7 5800x.

I would appreciate an answer.

Good day

Aljosha100

• Like Like x 1
  2. JPC

JPC New Member

Yes you can do multi-class, I think it's up to 30 or 35 AIs. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

3. aljosha100

aljosha100 New Member

Okay thanks I only have experience with assetto corsa, but I now want to look for other simulations. :)

4. Cyteless

Cyteless New Member AMS2 Club Member

You can do multiclass, yes. There's a full day/night cycle, so you could simulate a 24 hour race. You could also check out Raceroom Racing Experience. It doesn't have day/night, but it has larger car counts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

The maximum grid on the Nurburgring Endurance layout is 32. So you could do a max of 16 of each class. After seeing it on Youtube earlier, I did this today with 4 classes, so had 8 from each class. It was a hell of a good time though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. aljosha100

aljosha100 New Member

Okay I bought it now, hopefully in the future or with mods the number of cars for the track goes up to 60 or 100 that would be awesome. You could race like in the langestrecken series with many different groups. In assetto corsa with mods it was up to 105 car races but the ai is a little bit difficult to handle.
    Also I have to buy a Sim racing hardware now, but fanatec is so expensive and I really don't know if it's worth it and if it is not getting boring fast.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Squalido

Squalido New Member

For the moment the grid is limited to 32. Maybe they will expand this limitation, but not in the short term, as it requires going deeper into the code. Renato answered this question in the AMA he did on the Facebook group. AMS2 works pretty good in Nurburgring/Nordschleife. It is probably the most beautiful version of this track in any sim and one of the best in general. The AI is awesome in there as well. If you don't mind the smaller grid and the GT4 cars not BOPed for this track (the McClaren is faster, as in real life), it is a very nice single player experience.