1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 - Extended Car Info Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Fuel Tank Size (part 7)

Formula Retro G1 & G2 (AMS2: 191 L vs Source: 250 L)

I am now focusing on historical Formula One therefore I have been through the FIA technical regulations for each year between 1955 to 1981. It seems in 1982 onward the FIA stopped including the Formula One regulations with the other race categories. Except for the odd year in the 90's I am yet to find solid scanned regulations between 1983-2000. I will keep hunting though as I am very interested between 1985-1995.

Here is what I found.. From 1955 to 1970 the fuel tank regulations were pretty minimal and virtually unchanged and with no size restriction that I can see. In 1971 there was a big change in the technical regulations and the FIA started to mandate that a flexible tank be used and made from either Polyamide or Polyester materials which also had to comply with certain tensile, tear and puncture standards and could only be manufactured by listed suppliers. In 1972 there were increased regulations which then leads onto 1973 where we first see a maximum fuel tank size regulation applied. This rule is consistent between 1973 and 1981 (could be beyond 1982). The limit is 250 litres. This regulation would effect the Formula Retros in AMS2 as currently the fuel tank for each vehicle is set with a max of 191 litres. It's hard to know if teams used the full 250 litre capacity because there is very little information out there however it's maybe of some use to provide what the regulations allow for.

1973 FIA scan
    ams2_formula_retro_73_fia_fuel_regs.jpg

1980 FIA scan
    ams2_formula_retro_80_fia_fuel_regs.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  2. Coanda

Fuel Tank Size (part 8)

Opala Old Stock (AMS2: 55 L vs Source: 100L)

- The published 2018 & 2021 official technical regulations both state the fuel tank size can be a maximum of 100 litres.

ams2_old_stock_fuel_regs.jpg
    ams2_old_stock_fuel_regs_2.jpg

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1984 - maximum fuel capacity reduced from 250 to 220 litres
    1986 - maximum fuel capacity reduced to 195 litres
    1987 - maximum fuel capacity removed for naturally aspirated cars
    1988 - maximum fuel capacity reduced to 150 litres for turbo cars
    1989 - no maximum fuel capacity
    1994 - minimum fuel capacity set to 200 litres (only for 1994)
    1995-2000 - nothing about fuel capacity that I can find

Source: Formula 1 The Knowledge by David Hayhoe

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Coanda

Thank you it's good to see we have the same info. 1995 had a 140 litre limit on the Ferrari 412 T2 Ferrari 412 T2 (1995) - Ferrari.com which is the Formula V12 in AMS2..

5. Coanda

Opala Old Stock (part 2)

Taken from the 2018 and 2021 official technical regulations.

Gear Ratios

2021 regulations have added some new gear ratio options. Regulation 11.4 says the Dana 30/44 gearbox options must still maintain a final drive ratio of 3.540:1. Might be useful to have these new gear ratios in AMS2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dampers

Some new damper regulations in 2021 that were not in the 2018 regulations which give some very useful information.

12.3 –Somente será permitido amortecedores nacionais comercializados pelos fornecedores Camilo Christófaro Jr (Penske nacional) e Ingo Gernot Saake (Bilstein nacional), para a categoria OLD STOCK RACE, respeitando as características abaixo:-

Bump Dianteiros: de 950 a 1350 N/mm-
    Rebound Dianteiros: de 2750 a 1550 N/mm-
    Bump Traseiros: de 450 a 800 N/mm-

Rebound Traseiros: de 800 a 300 N/mm

Anti-Rollbars

Rear ARB is optional and free however here is the front ARB regulation.

12.4 - Stabilizing bar - front: it is mandatory to keep the original Opal bar with a diameter of 19.22 and 25 (twenty-five) mm, being able to choose to leave it on or not.

12.4 -Barra estabilizadora -dianteira: é obrigatório manter a barra original do Opala com diâmetro de 19,22 e 25 (vinte e cinco) mm podendo optar-se por deixa-la ligada ou não.

Onboard Adjustable Brake Bias

I interpret this regulation as it is possible however not mandatory. Currently this option is disabled in AMS2.

13.1 - Brake system: the use of a maximum of 2 (two) master cylinders is mandatory, with an optional device that allows to regulate, locally or remotely, the point of action of the brake pedal on the cylinders by freely distributing the brake balance between the front and rear circuits. The circuits must be arranged in front and rear and not in "X".

13.1 –Sistema defreios: é obrigatório o uso de, no máximo 2(dois) cilindros mestres, com dispositivo opcional que permita regular de forma local ou remota o ponto de ação do pedal de freio sobre os cilindros distribuindo de forma livre o balanço de freios entre os circuitos dianteiros e traseiros. Os circuitos devem ser dispostos em dianteiro e traseiro e não em "X".

Power Steering

As previously confirmed I have seen Opal Old Stock vehicles both with hydraulic and mainly electro-hydraulic power steering and now this regulation double confirms this.

12.6 - Steering gearbox: mechanical or hydraulic, Opal or Omega. Optional use of electric power steering pump. The fixing of the box must maintain the original fixing point in the Opal structure, as well as its steering system, formed by Pitmann (Opal or Omega), steering arms with pivots, steering bar and auxiliary arm fixed to the vehicle structure.

12.6 -Caixa de direção: mecânica ou hidráulica, Opala ou Ômega. Opcional o uso de bomba elétrica de direção hidráulica. A fixação da caixa deve manter o ponto original de fixação na estrutura do Opala, bem como seu sistema de direção, formado por Pitmann (Opala ou Ômega), braços de direção com pivôs, barra de direção e braço auxiliar fixado na estrutura do veiculo

6. Coanda

Ginetta G40

Going through G40 build manual it is clear that this vehicle does not have power steering. Power steering is however present in the G50/55 build manual. This new information is now reflected in the AMS2 extended Car Info sheet..

ams_g40_steer_rack_diagram.jpg

There is a brake bias adjustment however it is done on the pedal assembly and this is represented in the build manual as part number G50 - I0017.

"You can adjust brake balance with the adjustment bar on the pedal assembly. We adjusted approximately two turns to rear away from the factory setting, to stabilise the back."

It has a 45 litre fuel tank, no brake ducts and no adjustable onboard ARB's which aligns with what we see in AMS2.

Interestingly in the build guide there is two spring packages being shown which we do not have the option for in AMS2.

ams2_g40_springs.jpg

7. Coanda

v1.0.14 (OP updated)

- updated Ginetta G40 dimensions and power steering indicator
    - amended F3 and M1 onboard brake bias indicator
    - amended Ultima GTR (race version) engine info

8. Coanda

Fuel Tank Size (part 9)

What regulations are the GT3 and GT4 categories in AMS2 following?

If it SRO/IMSA then the following previous quote stands however if it is the Brazilian Endurance Championship then according to the 2021 technicle regulations GT3, GT3 lights, GT4 and GT4 lights all have a fuel tank with a maximum size of 100 litres.

ams2_brasil_endurance_gt3_fuel_regs.jpg ams2_brasil_endurance_gt4_fuel_regs.jpg ams2_brasil_endurance_gt4L_fuel_regs.jpg

9. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think Reiza adopted CBA 2021 rules, maybe CBA 2020.

Regarding Fuel Tank Capacity and Brazil Stock Car, it is fair to remember that recent regulations (by 2019-2020?) established some obligatory number of spheres introduced into the tank for each probe. May this applies to some categories, don't know.

Edit: Most of CBA rules focus on reducing costs.
    Edit2: Since 2020 it was also introduced minimum front Ride Height for BSC

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coanda

2020 Brazilian CBA regs had the same 100 litre limit for GT3/4. 2019 was set at 120 litre for GT3 with no mention for GT4. Interestingly the P1's had a higher limit of 115 litres for 2019.

Currently AMS2 has the BMW M6 GT3 set at 131 litres which does not comply with CBA or SRO rules therefore the question remains open; what regulations are Reiza following and for what year..?

add: There are only three vehicles in AMS2 GT3/4 that show Michelin tyres.. CBA (2021 regs) and SRO use Pirrelli tyres. IMSA use Michelin tyres. Who knows why they all are not branded tyres including the Prototypes..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Coanda

@newtonpg - cont... The McLaren 720s has Pirelli stickers on the body work however no Pirelli sponsor markings on the tyres (unlike the Formula Reiza).. The BMW M6 GT3 has Michelin stickers on the body work and no Michelin sponsor markings on the tyres unlike the Porsche GT3 R which has Michelin sponsor markings on the tyres.. And then there is the Mercedes GT3 and Camaro GT4 and McLaren 570s GT4 that have no tyre sponsors either on the body work or the tyres..

Michelin and Pirelli tyres in the same GT3 class. I think not. It's all a bit confusing as nothing can really be aligned to a real life race series. :confused:

I guess it's safe to say a generic GT3 is being used here..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. newtonpg

Really, unless they're planning to fix it in the future but how knows?

13. Coanda

Yeah who knows. It's just a guess mate..

14. Coanda

v1.1.15 (OP Updated)

- updated MCR 2000 onboard Brake Bias Indicator as Rezia correctly enabled this in version 1.1.4.5

• Like Like x 1
  15. newtonpg

Keep up the good work!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I found a little information on the MCR S2000 that may be of use - if it's correct for the exact model in-game.

Wheelbase: 2590mm
    Front track: 1475mm
    Rear track: 1423mm
    Wheel diameter: 13"

Source: MCR S2 - MCR Race Cars

If I'm way off the mark just let me know, I'm happy to continue searching.

EDIT: The wheel diameters will need to be checked, I think this is the rim diameter and not tyre diameter. I’m trying to confirm that.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

Wow, this in an excelent resource, cannot imagine the amount of work the got into the research. :)

My app might help with filling the missing wheel diameters:
    Second Monitor - Timing/Telemetry App

it contains a simple "wizard" which will compute the wheel diameter
    Wheel Diameter Wizard · Wiki · Matus Celko / SecondMonitor · GitLab

Basically it works by guiding the driver close to 0 slip situation, and compute the wheel diameter from tyre RPM and the car speed. It is usually good enough to use in telemetry tools.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. newtonpg

Yes, SM is great indeed and is in my use for "ages".

While it seems perfect to my eyes, they can't be transcript to RST car parameters as they don`t match.

19. Coanda

v1.1.16 (OP updated)

- added peak and average steering column force data for the following classes...
    Formula Reiza & Formula Ultimate
    Formula Vintage G1 & Formula Vintage G2
    Formula Retro G1 & Formula Retro G2
    Formula Classic G1
    Formula V10 G1 & Formula V10 G2
    FTS
    Group C
    GT1 & GT3 & GT4 & Carrera Cup
    Lancer Cup

- added MCR 2000 dimensions. Thank you very much @Magnus

@Matus Celko - wOw that would great if you have such info.. Either I can insert this info or the vehicle dimension or tyre dimensions columns on the Google sheet should be non protected therefore anyone can update or amend..

* Over the next couple of months I will be ramping down the hours I spend on this to attend to other matters however I will try and slip an update here or there..

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Until there was refueling allowed in F1 between 1995 and the 2000s there wasn't a max fuel tank size as every team was going to reduce it compared to the full GP consumption based on their strategy of weight distribution in the car as well as their engine consumption. As a matter of fact every team had a different size that is why 412T2 had a much smaller tank than previous years cars.

@Coanda also I challenge that the F V10 Gen 2 is declared a Toyota: it is clearly an F2002. The first Toyota single seater was a bit of a clone of the F2001/F2002 being many of their techs hired from Ferrari back at the time, that could justify why they can be mistaken, but still the cars are slightly different in a few details. Interior (wheel is indeed that of the FW22 in AMS2)