1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Hi Magnus, just in case (pardon if you already know this), avoid using Wordpad to edit config files, because it can introduce weird characters in the file when saving if you're not careful. Use Notepad or similar (clean text editors).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I didn’t know that, so thanks for the info. I’m hoping to get a look at it tonight but as I won’t be able to get in game until Tuesday I may leave it until then before I make any actual changes, just so I can check each one.

3. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Hi guys, I'm trying to download the T500 recommented ffb file but it says it doesn't exist anymore

4. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

Hi use the 3.8 file I use default in thrust master profile in game 100 50 50 50 custom_settings-silver-raw-rfuktor-3-8-change ffb in car if wheels to heavey

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  5. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I use the Silver Raw - rFuktor 3.9 Alpha - Momentum Rack 6.1 with the PeterS_G920 tweaks from the previous version, this for me is on par or even better than rf2 now!
    You can find the custom ffb file and my setting attached to this post

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey man. Thanks for doing this. Your setup feels great! I am really enjoying but I think I've found a bug? Any Porsche cars will get the steering wheel to turn all the way to the right very quickly then it locks there. I've tried the gt3, gt4, gt1 and the cup. As soon as I try to leave the pits this happens. I've tried a bunch of other cars and no issues there. Something to do with the porsches it seems. Thanks.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Richard Boulton

Richard Boulton Member AMS2 Club Member

Got to say, tried these in conjunction with the file and it was revelatory - feels brilliant. Thanks to all who contribute to this effort.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Big thanks, I'll defo give it a try

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It shouldn't happen .... everything is ok here .... the changes are only on the values but the file and the line are practically as a rFuktor 3.8 ... no changes that modify the steering ratio or the like ... have you tried to restore the default setting of the cars??? If that's not enough, try increasing the stering ratio in the setting car ... or if not fix recalibrate the steering wheel???
    Or do you use a different steering wheel sensitivity??? And finally you tried to delete the documents folder ... sometimes certain oddities happen after an update and maybe it happens to you after 1.1.4.5??
    Let me know ... however this evening I try again to test ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  10. Stakanov

3.9 Alpha3 early @Karsten Hvidberg release ;)
    Tuned by Stakanov for LowEnd Wheels and Logitech (G920/G29/G27/G25)
    - Date 04/05/2021 -
    In game setting select "Custom" with this starting value (for Logitech):
    GAIN 80* - LFB 68 - FX 70 - DP 68.

*Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!

And with this version (further refined) I think it has reached the maximum obtainable from the rFuktor 3.8 to which the new outpout function Thighten is added (obviously personal opinion) ... :)

@kkdrummer : i did specific tests on 3.9Alpha2 and Porsche cars and everything is ok ... try this last Alpha3!!! ;)

Edit: @Peter Stefani: In addition to the others, I changed your excellent tightening TR 0.002 and TF 0.0002 and increased it a little bit to TR 0.0025 and TF 0.00025 ... it still remains consistent ;)

• Like Like x 4
  11. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

@AndreiC this custom ffb is amazing, it gave AMS2 a new life. I'm really enjoying it

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Dan Elyard

Dan Elyard New Member

Hi everyone please could anyone offer any help or settings for Fanatec CS 2.5 I have tried a few files on here but cannot get close to anything feeling good yet, where am I going wrong?

Cheers

13. Stakanov

As a file surely the excellent 3.8 by Karsten in the post #2709 ... but not having your steering wheel I suggest you search on this thread the word FANATEC and I think you will find the recommended values both in game and in the driver panel of your steering wheel ;)

14. kkdrummer

Excellent! I will give it a try tonight. Just to confirm though, your previous file did work fine today after I deleted the ffb config file from the Ams2 folder. So this new one should work fine as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Please post your settings, both ibgame and from fanatec stuff and let us know which car you're trying.

16. Stakanov

Absolutely yes you can go for sure (I was almost sure that your problems depended on something else) ... also because I only change the values of the items ... the file structure is always the original one .... to sum up in this 3.9 Alpha 3 (compared to Alpha 2) I only slightly changed these entries:
    - (tighten_range 0.0025)
    - (tighten_falloff 0.00025)
    - (center_relax 0.25)
    - (under_steer_scale 0.025)
    - (exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.20)
    - (exaggerate_front_load_feel_hi_df 0.10)
    - (slip_crossover_pos 0.08)
    - (accel_feel 0.8)
    - (brake_feel 1.6)
    - (front_drive_torque_feel 0.8)
    - (bump_feel_follow_weight 0.25)
    - (brake_feel_follow_weight 0.35)

Only small changes then ... but in my head they worked very well ... I hope you like it :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dan Elyard

Dan Elyard New Member

Hi there here are my settings:
    Fanatec settings are:
    SEN: Auto
    FF: 100
    DRI: -2
    FEI: 60
    FOR: 100
    SPR: Off
    DPR: Off
    In Game:
    I was trying the Corolla Stock Car 2021
    The car can be quite tail happy and moves around alot but i just dont feel anything, I rely on sound rather than feel

18. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Reg the fanatec settings, since I don't know them myself, hopefully somebody else can help you more than me. But it's important to use no damping and no or almost no smoothing as well as no inertia effect or similar. These things will all remove information.

In game i think you prob should use lower Lfb, down between 5 to 15.
    Damping means power-steering with this file, so the less you use the stronger cornering will feel. You have it quite high, meaning quite low force on cornering.

There is no doubt imo that with the right setting it should feel awesome on your wheel base.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. kkdrummer

Yep, this version is even better. Tighter in the center for cars with less aero and cars with lots of aero you can feel when the oversteer starts to creep in. Also, all the trepidation from road noise is gone which is a nightmare on logitech wheels. Thanks a lot for doing this!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stakanov

You hit the spot ... I'm not saying it's the only attitude that can save Logitech or the low end, tastes remain personal and therefore must be respected, but personally I have always thought that the low end and probably also the medium cannot enjoy if first it is not filled uniformly (from low forces to high forces) ... let me explain better ... o_O
    Many prioritize flattening (flattening for stability and/or cleanliness is a mistake), then harden just enough (however they not see that hardening an emptied base creates instability elsewhere) but the gaps or vacant remains and in the end they can only accentuate what your head wants to emphasize to fill the same void (the angle, the slip, a specific sensation, road noise, braking etc.) ... this for me (personal opinion) is a mistake.
    With the first rFuctors (despite being vastly ahead of the previous ones) I often puzzled to reduce the oscillations, I was always looking for stability, once I had to lower the GAIN, other times the LFB, other times I crowned myself that the old tightning was the only solution, in short, I was looking for solutions able to fill in the gaps, but the variability of the old tightenig voice (for example) distorts the forces based on their position out of phase everything that was beautiful in Karsten's FFB files and I was forced to change very very much even the curves of Crossover, OS, DS and Yaw ... in short, it always seemed to put a patch on the holes.
    With the latest rFuctor the oscillations were first reduced a lot, then the forces upwards to the clipping limit were raised too much but in the end with the use of the "trail" in centering and increased scaling everything seemed to go in the right direction:
    (centering (blend (- 1 trail_scale) 0.22 0.5))
    (force_scale (* 1.8 (/ 0.22 centering)))
    The final act was the NEW Tighten that not only acts when the forces are different from zero, but always acts even if 0, and for this I have to thank as always the availability of Karsten and Shadak ... with it the circle is closed because yes can make the background of a wheel full and constant, whatever it is from 15Nm to even one alone of 2.5Nm ... done this (everyone can do it with its level even lighter but always full) add the effects I mentioned above (the angle, the slip, a specific sensation, road noise, braking etc.) it can only be a pleasant personalized dressing for your brain!!!!
    I hope that the guys share my idea that first you need to fill evenly and only then season in a personal way according to your tastes ... and this I think is valid from the DD (which almost does not need to be filled) to the lowest of the LOWs (which instead it must be) .... FORWARD EVERYTHING ALWAYS AND ANYWAY .... I AM VERY CURIOUS OF HOW THINGS CAN EVOLVE .... ;)

• Like Like x 3