1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RST Telemetry App by RacingSimTools

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Zeraxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha yeah. Not in real life of course but also not unusual when collecting data. So long as the slip graphs are as close to zero as possible, it doesn't matter.

2. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My procedure isn't in the RST instructions but I think it works.
    Use the pit limiter on a straight of the circuit and (1) adjust the non-traction axle tyre diameter to 0% slip, (2) copy that tyre diameter to the traction axle if the car has equal front and rear tyre diameters. Or (2a) find a diameter whose value will result near/close to 1% slip range.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the kind words, we confine some of the graph max y axis limits to keep the range to a meaningful range, tire produce peak lon typical at 5% slip, so the difference between 40% and 140% doesn't really matter since your way above 5%, part of RST is guiding our users and making telemetry more accessible so we try to keep graphs in a range that provides meaningful data.

As far as the track map, its currently disabled because our next big plan is to convert our track map to Scichart instead of using C# drawing classes. Our current goal is to get all of the games RST supports into the beta, then once we accomplish that were going to work on the track map conversion which should give us a lot of cool track map features down the road. So not going away, just currently not available.

• Like Like x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for tip!
    But I think it is better to place the driven wheels to "-1 / -2%" on a straight, if "+" is locking then "-" is wheel spin. And by nature driven wheels will always have wheel spin, I think 1 till 2% is a good value.
    For the non-driven wheels it should be around "0%".

5. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree.
    And following step (2) you will notice that driven wheelslip will be around -1/ -2%

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. alink

Hello all,
    on base of the grandious car datasheet from @Coanda I did one to enter car specific parameters for the use with RST Telemetry.
    So everbody can take this for his own experience or, what would be nice, to share his experience and best values so that I can fill in further values.
    Maybe on this way a basic database can be created for better start ups when working with RST.
    Not every value must be 100% correct just the best founded.
    Please reupload the files here in this thread with the current date, thanks for support.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. steelreserv

This is fantastic!

8. steelreserv

alink can you PM me?

9. Zeraxx

Hey guys I know I promised you guys some more videos using RST with AMS2 and I promise I'm working on them but we have been getting a lot of requests for 1 on 1 services to coach people through the data. So just wanted to mention we are now offering this service, check out the information at our discord:
    Join the RacingSimTools Discord Server!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Zeraxx

New Beta is out and will be rolled into production in the next few days! If your not testing the new build please give it a go we have made some stability improvements to the AMS2 module.

One thing I wanted to mention on our discord I have started doing a daily post about some of the fundamental concepts dealing with car dynamics. If that's something that interests you please join our community! Picture below is an snippet of my recent posts about aeromaps.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I jumped into the deep end this weekend with a purchase of the AMS2 specific software. I see Coanda’s epic thread is going to be one of my most viewed threads on the forum.

12. alink

@Zeraxx your daily post, maybe I'm blind, where to find, which rubric?

13. alink

Welcome, it's a great tool and done by experts

14. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Thanks alink.

I can see that data input may be a chore but clearly worth the time to do it. I hope some of the missing data for certain cars doesn’t restrict the returned information too much. I’m trying to dig out what I can for any missing data on the MCR 2000. I’ll join the Discord and hopefully get some extra data there.

15. alink

It's depending how deep you like to analyze.
    For wheelspin it's neccessary to set tire diameters. But that's not so difficult. Start with about 500mm and see what happens. I always take the fastest straight / top speed where wheelspin is/ should be nearby zero. Then adjust the diameter so that the values of wheelspin (front / rear) are more or less around 0% or -0.5% at that part of track.
    For aerodynamic and aero-forces things like spring, ride high should fit with your setup, the same with dampers for damper analyze.
    For gearing you have to take over your gearing setup.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think values for high, spring, damper are used to move the chart into right position and to get right values but they don't change the curve's shape. So for a quick comparison it is not needed to have correct values setted. But be careful not to compare laps with setted car parameters and without setted parameters. This will make you confuse;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Zeraxx

It's in the "Setups-Tips-by-Zach" in discord under the "Setup Theory" category.

• Like Like x 1
  17. alink

Awesome, perfect, great schooling, thanks!

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  18. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Do any of you VR users have an issue crashing when running RST? I’ve found I get a crash and Windows restart, usually it runs fine for half an hour or so and then I get the crash. Without running RST, but with the usual CC and Steam Vr everything is fine.

I’ve got another telemetry program that sends data to another PC that runs fine (I don’t run the two together) but since getting RST I always seem to get a crash eventually. I’m running the latest version of RST, using just the AMS2 version.

Any ideas of where to look for an issue?

19. alink

I'm not a VR user, but could you report it at discord?
    Above the contact form is the link to RST discrod channel
    Contact - RacingSimTools.WebSite

20. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Yes, will do. Thanks for the link.

At the moment it’s only an assumption that it’s RST causing the issue based on behaviour but I’ll make contact and go from there.

Thanks