1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request of an official Reiza written setup guide to help non-expert

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jamespoly86, May 5, 2021.

1. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I would like to have an official Reiza written setup guide because I'm not expert.
    Setup is a fundamental part of sim-racing.
    There are more setup parameters to modify respect F1 2020 Codemasters.
    I would like to have, for example range of tyre temperature for every car and which is the order of parameters to modify.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Oh boy...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Steelcast has some videos on how to make a setup in AMS2 (part 1 of 4 shown below).

I found them quite useful, but they are rather in depth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I saw that video guide but I prefer a written guide in pdf or doc

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Eetu Peltomäki

Eetu Peltomäki New Member

I remember using this alot back in the day, and feel like it's still pretty current.
    http://www.kuukahvila.com/yardan74/random/SRW/SDEv/GTR2+and+Universal+Set+Up+Giuide.17.pdf

I don't think it's the game developers duty to provide a full written setup guide for all the cars. Setup philosophy is universal and something that, ultimately, you just have to learn to do. If you want to. I used to be good at setups and understood what to try if the car behaved like this or that. I've forgotten alot because I had a long break from sim racing and now I only race for fun against AI or hotlap. I don't have the time or will to tweak setups for hours to shave off some tenths.

Most important thing before you go beyond basic adjustments, such as gearing, steering lock etc. You have to be familiar with the car/track combo enough to lap consinstent times lap after lap. There's no point touching any advanced tuning if you don't know how it really affected your lap times. And always change just one thing in a group of settings, then do a minimun of five laps and compare times. Start seeing why I don't bother with setups? Yeah, it takes TIME.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

You could always turn on subtitles :p
    Screenshot (53).png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

To be honest, I think you're the minority. Having a text based explanation of what each parameter is and does is already there, but having proper documentation on tuning methods won't be very practical.
    Methods for making setups vary from person to person and are highly subjective. Maybe I prefer using aero or braking parameters to tune in certain behaviour, whereas you might try do the same thing based on suspension. Depending on the context of course, there is no definite "beter" way of doing things, it just what works for you and your driving style. It is also different for different kinds of cars.
    I think making a comprehensive guide to setup is a lot of work and might not help in many cases.

8. Synaks

Synaks Member

This has been very useful for me. jpebxpm5nrw11.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for these. This is good stuff.

11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I fully agree with the other points in your post - concluding that its a waste of time looking for some advanced tweaks if you dont fully knows the car (& track) you are approaching.:cool:

ByTheWay: The only thing I dont agree fully is your conclusion above that because it takes TIME - then ...;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Asking a SIM developer to make a set up guide is probably out of the question, especially since there's already about a bazillion out there on the web.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

We have Setup Guides.....But what about a future update with a Voice Race Engineer, to help the beginners out.

ie Cars doing this on turn in, Race Engineer: "Adjust this setting/s".

J

14. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

It's not about common setup, I guess. The problem is every game is different and some internal info is very helpful because users can't see under the hood. In most games devs/designers don't say too much about internal functionality and what could help. AMS was always different so some info could make sense. Reiza are car lovers and you want their opinion about setups in their game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The basics are the same and should work the same in every sim, although the relative importance may be shifted depending on the tyre model and the level of detail in modelling something the suspension and differential between cars. But all of those guides posted above have errors in them and some make no sense at all, so I would caution making blind adjustments without a fundamental understanding of what affects what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Any examples? Wouldn't want to use a useless setup guide.

17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

A good example is conserning diff settings (specially the coast settings :D).
    Because some guys prowdly outpouring manuals or How To does confuse the percentage in Power/Coast Ramps as either percentage of locking or some kind of percentage of ramp degree.

Kind of mental short circuiting:p

18. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

^^^ That's a good point above. Some SIM's describe them as Ramp Angles, and some as Percentage of Lock, so look close and don't get confused.
    And wouldn't be nice if the SIM makers would all just do away with "Clicks" for adjustments. I know why they do it, but it is very annoying, especially for ARB settings.

• Agree Agree x 1