1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimHub Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Leadbelly, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hehe. Thank you. I was awake for 24 hours then decided to go to bed. I know.. its crazy.. I literally forgot time and it went by so fast. I asked @2ndLastJedi for help with the suspension. It works for him, so something wrong at my part. Its strange the colour doesn't want to change. Perhaps it's only on/off, so 0 - 1. Might play a bit with that. So it can only go from green to red. No middle in between. Hmmmm. Going to ponder with this tonight :D

2. Marius H

So.. My AMS2 dash is finished. Take look if you want. Got everything working. Even suspension-damage, etc. You can now turn all the widgets ingame off, except the messages which can't be turned off. Also you need to drive a lap or two until ahead-behind will show up.Kinda strange, because the game supports this with data but simhub wants to create track-files or so.
    File:Marius Simhub

I also included a dash for RBR. Added some stuff. You need NGP 6 or any NGP to make it work. Stuff like trackprogression in %, etc. Awesome. However, I can't seem to find how to turn off led flashing when in last gear. It's a tad annoying to see the leds flashing. My mind thinks I have to upshift but I do not need to...

Also I think of modifying the RBR dash much more. It's too similar to dash that simhud has included. Naja, beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht. Haha.

Anyway, have fun! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you!
    I'll give it a try.

Nice look, good job!

4. Marius H

Little bug: You've to make watertemp a little wider so it shows 3 digits properly. Also AI-names etc are cut-off, but if I widen it will too long.. and that's ugly. But yeah its an awesome dash

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'm subscribed to this thread yet i never see any notifications :confused: it seems if you don't comment in a while this forum removes notifications o_O
    Glad you got it working @Marius H, SimHub is so powerful and as such it takes a lot of time to get anywhere near its best! I certainly get nowhere near the most out of it :oops: If i pull apart a dash from say @Romainrob and look through it i just end up with more questions than i had to begin with!! I mean WTF is all that code for :whistle:
    If you want to be confused, have a look at his AC Cobra dash :eek:

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  6. Marius H

Hehe. I know the KM/H of the RBR-dash changes into MPH when you select MPH ingame. Might use that for the AMS2 dash or so. Will download some of Romainrob's dashes and delve into the codes he is using.

Eventually I want to find out if I can let the dash now to show one name and not ''name space name' etc.

7. 2ndLastJedi

The AC Cobra one looks great (photo realistic) and is well over my head in coding. I just keep its simple and that is fine for my needs so far.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty cool, does it have the boost Meter as well? Is that air and track temperature I see on there? Is it possible to add the time at the track in there? That is one thing that I reckon it would be good to see, it is in the pitbox screens but nowhere to see it when racing.

9. Marius H

Adding RPM or/and boostmeter is easy. Yeah It shows the current ambiance/air and track temperature. That's pretty rad. I think it can also show the weather for example. You can also add the last laptime but I don't need that much, cause I already see current time and best lap, then the delta will tell me what time I will drive when I cross the finish line. I deleted laptime to make room for ahead/behind-widget.

Ohh you want the current time of the track? Yeah I think that's possible as well. But the dash is already so busy-looking .. I think if you include more stuff it would clutter it too much. When racing you want to see numbers withing a blink. Not staring and searching for the thing you were looking for, haha.

But I think if you've a bigger screen you can tune down the size of the characters and numbers, and put some more stuff on the dash.

10. F1Aussie

Okay, that is good to know. It is a neat looking creation you have done there. Is there a good guide for how to create or modify dashes in simhub?

11. Marius H

@F1Aussie Yeah
    SHWotever/SimHub and SHWotever/SimHub. On the rightside there's much more. Usually you just take a look in the generic dashes that are included in Simhub or download some from Racedepartment. Then just click on all the awesome stuff and steal the code. if it works.. it just works.

Alternatively you can take a look at EKsimracing it's a tad easier to build your dashes. But I bought vocore screen and EkSimracing sadly doesn't run on that. Made a bunch of dashes for Eksimracing back in days.

12. F1Aussie

Thanks for all that info, much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius Simhub
    Fixed a few bugs.
    I forgot to mention that you need to switch Telemetry in RBR.ini on and use UPD in Simhub for RBR, so it displays the correct stuff. However, it appears RBR uses Kelvin for Engine/Coolant temperature, so strange, haha. Water is using celsius. Also I got rid of the trackprogression and added a timer instead. Some modded tracks give strange readings.

14. newtonpg

Thank you for the dash!
    Unfortunately my video card burned out few days back (yes, she was old) and RL direct all my $ to other priorities. Expecting to be back to sims in about 3 months.

15. Marius H

Errhmmm I think it will last more months... Videocards are rare nowadays and very valuable. Bought a used 3070 in Januari or so for 740. Sold 1070 for 300.. but the 3070 is now... 1300+ euro worth...

16. newtonpg

My son have a 1800 purchased in 2016 for R$3200 (Reals, the local money) and if he is mad at all to sell it, he would receive about R$4500. Upgranding to a 2000 series is not a vantage in this case. And a 3090 costs R$25000 and rising daily.
    What I'm looking for is something like a 1650 new, on the box (R$3000 to R$3600). Old tech but more then I had before and suffice to run AMS2 and R3R.

PS: I really like forums, so I'll be around.
    PS2: US$1 = R$5.24 / 1 EU = 6.37 (Today Exchange) / Prices in Brazil have additional taxes and margins, so a direct conversion don't function.
    PS3: One can buy a Fiat Mobi 1.0 Liter 2018 around R$28000 or a 3090 for R$25000
    PS4: I'm afraid you are right about the time lapse

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  17. 2ndLastJedi

For some reason i had an urge to make the C8R dash :whistle:
    Not 100% the same as the real car but eliminates the need for a HUD imo like this ;)
    Screenshot (77).png

• Like Like x 2
  18. Marius H

Looks good! You're a Dash-master, tho. I keep it simple myself, but your dashes on Racedep are awesome as well.

I've some problems with the enginedamage. It's 0 - 1, so whenever I am ingame it translates it as 0.xxxxx and 1 is 100%. Now I've formatted it to 0.00, so 0.05 = 5% damage, and so on. Ugly, but hopefully it works. No time to test cause I am going to workout. Will test after.

Before I was using 0. and it was shown on my dash as 0.53054030, haha. Need to get rid of that dot in the 0.00. I eventually want it being shown as a fake %

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Nice, I love SimHub, this is an app like CrewChief. You can’t do without anymore.
    By the way I use a 10.1 inch tablet as a button box made with Sim Dasboard. Really handy.

I just discovered your Dashes om Racedepartment. Thanks for sharing..

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Thanks mate :)
    I hope you get that damage worked out, you've been on it for a while. I've only done simple damage for front, rear and engine, not gone into suspension, box or brakes...yet. I may have a go on a second or third page for this C8R dash though. I may have to pick your brain when i get stuck :whistle: