1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

NAME: Silver Raw - rFuktor 4.1 - Momentum Rack 6.1 - Tuned by Stakanov for LowEnd Wheels and Logitech

In game setting select "Custom" with this starting value for Logitech:
    GAIN 80* - LFB (CenterFull) 75 - FX 70 - DP (PowerSteering) 65.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

- Tighten ON (now down on value of Peter Stefani) + High values of GAIN and LFB (now CenterFull), then (center_relax 0.25);
    - (exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.20)
    - (exaggerate_front_load_feel_hi_df 0.10)
    - (slip_crossover_line2_start_y 0.21) ----> (Michael Enright)
    - (damping 0.06)
    - (accel_feel 0.8)
    - (brake_feel 1.6)
    - (front_drive_torque_feel 0.8)
    - (bump_feel_follow_weight 0.27)
    - (brake_feel_follow_weight 0.33)
    - (brake_coef 1.2)-----------------------------> (Michael Enright)

- (force_scale (* 1.8 (/ 0.22 centering)))

I didn't benefit from editing this line of code...
    brake_feel (power grip_fl 4) Down to 3 ----------> then 4 original 4.1 for me is best.

Which is the best between 3.8 (3.9Alpha3) and this 4.1???
    I don't know, both great, perhaps the latter has more detail on the tire!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Nice investigation work Michael.
    I concur , these values work very well and make it feel more familiar.

I haven’t spent much time with file yet but this is an encouraging adjustment.

3. Carmine Carpentiero

Carmine Carpentiero New Member

thanks for the reply, i will try some file case, but i have no idea how to modify the file and what you can get, if there is a guide i will gladly read it

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I agree about the kerbs surface scale. I too had to turn them down. What did you drop yours to? My is on 2.0 now.

5. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Thanks
    @Stakanov
    I always lower your FX settings as I have some bass shakers and most of the fx are also there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Efe7to

Efe7to New Member

Mine is on 2.0 too. With the original value the kerbs were scary and muted other effects.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Hi there. I am kinda late to the show but I coming from rfactor1+2, GTR2, AC, ACC and Raceroom, I want to express my sincere thanks to all of you who made this setup possible. Chapeau to you. I tested the T500 File with my TS-XW + TM Loadcell pedals and have to say, thast I am very impressed. Never have curbs felt so realistic and do what they are supposed to do....Also feeling of the road surface, the Steering, the tyres etc...I checked it with GTR, GTR3 and F10V on Nuerburgring GP ( still one of my favourites due to Michele's S , haha ) and was "blasted". I have to make a direct comparison with rFactor2 which offered the most realist feeling for Formula cars so far and ACC for GTR3 cars, but I think, AMS2 with your FFB improvements ( and the right equipment ) matches both of them. I was tweaking R3E quite alot on my own within it's boundaries, but I had already a near perfect Logitechfile from my old GTR2 days ( which gave GTR2 quite a realistic feeling as well 15 years ago) and that gave me some guidance. However, I am still not at the level you guys provided here for AMS2 !! Great Job ! Edit says : Reiza should integrate these setting as "Standard". As this would greatly improve their products quality and makes it an even more serious sim, the should honor your work with a small royalty fee...;-)

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Efe7to

Efe7to New Member

Did you test the file from post #2799? Try that it's the latest version. I'll attach my file modified a bit from the latest v4.1 for my T300.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  9. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Could anyone with a DD1 or 2 possibly give me an idea of their settings, both Fanalab and in-game/file with the latest 4.1? A friend of mine has just got a DD2 and I’ve directed him to that file, but I can’t help him with the settings for the DD2 as I don’t have one myself. Thanks!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Reiche

Reiche Member AMS2 Club Member

It indeed would be a handy addition to the releases to include some (even if it is some very very basic) baseline values for the in-game settings.Something like the starting values (or be it a range) in Stakanov's posts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Agreed, but I'm not going to start making demands - the work ethic seems tireless enough as is!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Say a real thing ... I like the FFB quite spiced up with effects ... so it's only fair that you cut it down for your tastes and needs ... of course turn down FX as much as you need (if you want a lower general level) or alternatively if you want to intervene on a single effect you can do it inside the file on the single voice (kerbs, bumps, scrub, etc.) ;)

13. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

rFuktor 4.2 high end file.

As usual based on feedback and then the sensitive hands of @Panos Schoino & @Shadak !

* Fix understeer grip loss for real.
    * Improved tyre slip in high downforce situations.
    * Karts even more tuned by @Panos Schoino.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

rFuktor 4.2.1 high end file.

Minor corrections.

* Very slight bug-fix(non-important) in 1 line.
    * Very slight adjustment of longitudinal grip loss calc.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg
    Not many will probably notice but there’s some very complex looking new code in this file to add to the already mind boggling formula.
    I really don’t know how you come up with this stuff .

That said i have been struggling to find the right mixture of in game settings to work the feel around centre since the blending of centre full.
    But the 4.2 felt like it had better weight. but also less sensitive tyre feel.
    4.1 felt good in most respects and i didn’t feel there was any changes to scales of significance needed.
    But it was just a little loose around center with lfb setting that gave preferred rotation speed.
    Obviously i need to spend more time with it
    in coming days and also this patched 4.2.1

On the side i’ve also been playing with porting some of the new scrub, tear , and slip code into my T300 tune as i still like the full feeling of the wheel it’s giving me..
    still a work in progress though. :whistle:

16. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

I just wanted to post that I love the 4.1 file, it's just so good on the CSL Elite base. Now I'll have to try 4.2.1 :)
    Thanks again guys, you are genuinely transforming the sim!

17. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I’m looking forward to Monday when I’ll get a chance to try the updated files out, though at the current rate I wouldn’t be surprised to see another updated file before then:)

@Marnus Zwarts - any recommended in game settings for the CSL Elite?

18. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Hey man, just to put it in perspective that mine might differ a bit from yours. I've got a muscle weakness disease (Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) is a disabling and complex illness. People with ME/CFS are often not able to do their usual activities. At times, ME/CFS may confine them to bed. People with ME/CFS have overwhelming fatigue that is not improved by rest.)

In game I use 65, 25, 70,50. I up the effects due to the low ffb on the wheel.
    Wheel ffb 20 - 30, sen auto, dri -2, ffe 100, force 120, shock 100
    Upping the ffe and force really helps to bring the detail through.

This results in a very light wheel, but with enough detail to know what's what. Without @Karsten Hvidberg's files I don't get the detail I need with such low forces.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Hi Marnus,

I’m sorry to read that you have ME/CFS, and it’s a good point that each of us have different needs for the FFB settings that we use. It’s great for all of us that Karsten and everyone involved in making these files have done so much to make editing them so easy for us all.

I’m still, relatively, new to sim racing and certainly don’t feel like I’ve mastered the full understanding of the detail you get in these files. At least not compared to the expertise that some have from reading through this thread, but going by feel the level of detail just seems to get better and better with each one.

Cheers
    Magnus

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For what's it's worth, and it's not going to be helpful, but, 4.2 feels odd at times. I can not explain it. I don't know specifically where or what it is. I like the feel of grip, although it probably is a bit too much, but at certain times under brakes or coming through corners, it seems to do some strange things that 4.1 and others do not do. I wish I could be more helpful. I will test more prob tomorrow and report back. Can I reduce the grip a little, somewhere between 4.1 & 4.2, although I do prefer the less understeerey feel of 4.2? Maybe 4.2.1 might feel right. Thanks.

Last edited: May 12, 2021