1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Where is Bop?
    Wasnt the Brabham fan car banned in RL because the fan created so much downforce that the car got an unfair advantage compared to the competitors?

But taken from the AMS2 TT LB list it looks like something is wrong by Reizas Bop.
    I mean it looks like the vaccum cleaner in AMS2 needs more than a Niki Lauda to even slightly being able to compete with the overall dominating L79.:whistle:

tt.jpg

2. BrunoB

Latest: Gave up on the vaccum cleaner.
    Too much frustration and mood destroying time because its zigzag behaviour.:mad:

ByTheWay: Had this car been so strange and f*´*# up in RL good old Niki Lauda wouldnt have got so long a life.o_O

3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if mentioned before but at Granja Viana some ghosts use another track layout, driving through tire barriers and walls (yes, like a ghost) o_O.

4. Jack Ulstad

Jack Ulstad New Member

I don't know what issues you're having with the car, since I'm not struggling much at all once I came up with a decent setup, but expecting the BT46B to run away from the Lotus 79 like crazy is inaccurate. Lauda and Andretti battled throughout much the race at Anderstorp the one race it ran in. Sure Lauda pulled away once he got by, but the cars should be quite competitive with each other in my opinion. Just keep working at that setup until it feels right for your driving style, and don't be a quitter.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. BrunoB

Its always good to know the facts when you refer to RL experience with the Brabham BT46B.
    If you check the RL history of the BT46B then the only GP race it participated in (Anderstorp) it crushed all other cars.
    Included the until then dominating Lotus 79.:cool:

In Reizas weird realisating of this fan car then if you check the TT LB lists its only the few ovals-ish outher tracks (with only high speed corners) where this car is somewhat dominating /competitive.;)
    But in RL the advantage of the BT46B was exactly in slow/medium speed corners - where no other ground effect car (read L79) could generate the enormous downforce the fan car could.
    So..:whistle:
    Brabham BT46 - Wikipedia

ByTheWay: I have been looking for you on some of the TT LBs - just to evaluate if your insight in the importance of setting up this car has succeded for you.
    But I cannot find you.

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

delete, sorry

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

This car WAS that strange and screwed up in real life. That's why you see the crazy gauge on the right hand side of the cockpit to display the amount of suction you have on the ground. The downforce you had was directly correlated with RPM, not vehicle speed, so it had some very, very weird behaviors. THe only reason it won was just because it was so incredibly fast that you didnt have to optimize the insane driving style needed for it.

"The only problem was that [the drivers] wouldn’t know if they had damaged the skirt. They could go into a corner 30mph too fast and then have no suction and go flying straight on. So, David went down to a scrapyard and got an altimeter out of an old aeroplane. We had a pitot tube on the front, which you can see in all the photographs, which measured the static pressure. All an altimeter does to read the altitude is measure static pressure and local pressure, and it uses the pressure differential to calculate the height. So that’s what we did. We had this altimeter tie-wrapped in the cockpit, right in front of the driver, with a green zone and a red zone. We said, “Forget the numbers; that’s nothing to do with it. If you’re coming into a corner, the needle has to be in the green zone. If it’s in the red zone, you’ve lost suction. Slow down.”

" The Brabhams qualified second and third, behind Lotus driver Mario Andretti. In the race the Brabhams proved to be a success, however, the car driven by John Watson spun off on the 19th lap, taking him out of contention for a top spot in the race. The Brabham driven by Niki Lauda, however, powered past Andretti in his Lotus and ended up winning the race by over 30 seconds. "

You can google the quotes above to see the sources if youre curious.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. BrunoB

So because Mistar Watson made an error and crashed the car you are right and Im wrong.
    OK if you say so - but my good man even then I dont like this lousy virtual vaccum cleaner ;)

9. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

This isn't about right and wrong. I'm saying it's a stupid car, and was always a stupid car, and Nikki Lauda only drove one race in it. The entire racing record of this car is one win and one driver losing control. I think that's a pretty good description of how worthless this car is in general.

Edit: I think it's super cool that it's in the game. Just feel weird about it being in the same class as the other F-Retro G2 cars, although Im sure that's half the reason it exists in the game at all.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  10. Apex

Apex Active Member

That's why I'd like to have that particular car in a class of its own (and a few more liveries for the Lotus), so we'd at least have the option to include it or exclude it as we see fit.

11. BrunoB

This just shows how a too simple interpretation of a too simple statistics will often give a too simple conclusion.:D

ByTheWay: My own conclusion is that eventhough I consider Reizas virtual realisation of this "thing" as probably more bizarre behavior-wise than the RL BT46B was :D - then Im gratefull that Reiza did made the effort.
    Because then hopefully its not impossible that Reiza also will take a chance with as example the Tyrell 6-wheeler. Oh man :):)

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Update:
    After the last patches (After v1.1.3.6 I think, the update that made the Retro-Gen2 wrong for me)
    I can't get even close to most of my times,
    At least my Formula times are so good, they seem a light-year away now
    So at the moment I need a reset of the TT-records It doesn't happen.
    Because the drivetrain is improved it is thought there is no need for it, but that must be offset by other changes in the tires or other physic changes.
    I get a little tired of constantly figuring out what's changing, and adjusting my setups.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  13. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I'm going to agree, the decision not to wipe the Lbs is crazy.
    Yes cars are slightly faster with the driveline adjustments topend, but also a lot of the cars have a lot less grip in general.
    Not all car/track combos rely on top speed.
    So the decision IMO is just daft to leave existing times on the Lbs.
    And that's before you download a setup from V1.0 or race a ghost with totally different car dynamics.
    On the plus side the custom FFB is great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BrunoB

I think you two are exaggerating this changing setup problem way too much.
    I have often advocated for a completely relaxed attitude to this Oh its so urgent to delete your setups after an update.:rolleyes:
    I have more or less never followed this hysteria - and my positions on the (mostly) F-Reiza LBs does show that this attitude is able to bring you rather high up on the lists.:whistle:

ByTheWay: Conserning resets of the TT LBs then I have no problems with that. But I consider it completely irrelevant - mainly because the cars (and laptimes) are going down after the latest updates.:D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Not every car is getting faster, also it's a good reference/starting point especially for the newer audience to get up to speed.
    There is probably a good 90% of players that would like to use current and up to date setups, from other drivers that represent the current state of the game.
    Just leaving the Lbs because some cars are faster etc etc, is totally irrelevant to a new player.
    One bad experience after another is going to put some people off all together.

I don't use setups on TT, more likely if in a league I will, but a lot of people do.
    But just to leave it as is is a huge mistake IMO, the game needs to improve and little things like this are pointless not addressing ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SaxOhare

I can't get close to lots of my own TT-records, making me think lots of other people records are not reachable anymore, and therefor irrelevant.
    Most of the cars are faster but also have worse (tire?) physics, making them Under or Over-steering, Cars who were stable before are now all over the place, This make me loose more time then I gain by going faster.
    Not being readable/editable is a BIG drawback from the AMS2 setup files.
    Since I'm dependent on the UI from AMS2 to edit my setups, and so is everyone else,
    I need to save my setups in AMS2 format
    This makes the Setup database useless, because I can't tell which setup goes with a certain release.
    I want the database cleared so I can start over and store my setups with a realase-tag

Please dev's, make the setup files editable!

• Like Like x 1
  17. BrunoB

I cannot talk about how it is for many different cars - because I keping myself to only one or two.
    So you are maybe right that some TT laptimes are unreachable.
    And should therefore be cleared for more imersion and fair competition.
    But as said Im constantly upping my laptimes on most tracks - hehe in very tiiiny steps.;)

But what do you mean that the setups files should be editable?
    My setups are editable :D

ByTheWay: A lot of this problem could be solved if Reiza would use 5 min code time and include date/year in the LB laptimes.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SaxOhare

Just a Sample of a AMS2 setup file, It is editable but I can't make up what is written here?

ÊkQÊ
    F¦q¿C'CS´’ÛE‘ðZÃ>2v<.Ô’
    ßl&øþšZïy(•Î{Œ9Eçç´ÊRü›Ì†Fͧô¸…Ô3ÅQt.ת‚
    4f„öWÊt|aÃôg:r³Z. †
    ÊÂ]ß-ICc›Š&?1·uѶoFíÂq¢ªK¤R6I×Ó*ºXØÊ!:u\áßWá$8!åôM£À[5Ê5azˆA®d•E.‡ýÃ3q@ÒÙé|àužÞb®då“$p×_Ô:z%nxÍ‹ç†ÄSzNH·[=²¢ur¾ƒ$K*¨E3°/Žà‚ž$œÈo.q÷Òúúê ¡€¨]Rc„ÕÏC¹®«»Ú¾xûÀ›¤ànWôÿ ów~´ù› twóâÅ–t……NŠè™ã·¥Z!’§QmPŸ0q¨Ÿ{$æqŠ€j z6ßs “J^Zjµû÷dÝ _ÑÒ0

Sample of AMS setup file

VehicleClassSetting="Lumimari"
    UpgradeSetting=(0,0)
    //VEH=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\PUMA\LUMIMARI\TEAMS\LUMIMARI_04.VEH
    //UpgradeClass=
    //Cockpit Preference=0
    [GENERAL]
    Notes=""
    Symmetric=0
    //CGRightSetting=10//50.0:50.0
    //CGRearSetting=0//48.0:52.0
    //WedgeSetting=0//0.00 turns
    //FrontTireCompoundSetting=0//Pirelli PZero
    //RearTireCompoundSetting=0//Pirelli PZero
    FuelSetting=0//1L (N/A)
    //NumPitstopsSetting=2//2
    //Pitstop1Setting=11//+11L (N/A)
    //Pitstop2Setting=11//+11L (N/A)
    //Pitstop3Setting=11//N/A

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Did some laps in TT for the first time since a few months. With some cars I was by far not able to reach my old times, whilst with others, I beat my old records by some seconds. So, some of the cars must be slower and others are quicker now or just easier to handle than before, because my driving skills are still the same (rather mediocre).

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

No wonder only aliens can make the most of it.

• Funny Funny x 3