1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

The Steam FoV adjuster works fine with my Index. I was able to reduce FoV to 93% with no difference to what I actually see - free 7% performance increase. (Probably - haven't measured to confirm yet!)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Copied from fb Automobilista 2 - Reiza Studios
    Graeme Forrester posted:
    "Does anyone else have a problem with VR replays not working in track side mode? Mine sticks at the start position and won’t follow the cars. Not a problem when I play with my 49 inch ultra wide just in VR does this happen."

Can copy that, same 49" Samsung working trackside replays, with G2 Reverb VR not working, anyone ?

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Yep - G2 Reverb and Trackside only shows the default view from above the pit lane.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

I have a Reverb G2 and I'm struggling to get good performance (2080Ti). Especially the new Long Beach track the fences along the track shimmer and it's difficult to focus.

I'm tempted to set everything to the lowest quality and then gradually work my way up. Anyone have a G2 / 2080Ti setup?

5. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

There is just unavoidably quite a lot of shimmering in this game and PC2. You’ll never get rid of it, but I’ve found upping the super sampling is the most effective. So keep textures high and turn everything right down in game (honestly doesn’t make a huge difference to my eyes) and pump up the SS as much as you can. I run MSAA at medium as the bump up to high is too much of a hit for me.
    I have a 3080 and 3600x, and run 60hz mode on the G2 with Steam VR super sampling at 80-85% and motion smoothing disabled. It’s not perfect - frame time is pretty high and there’s some noticeable texture pop-in - but seems the best balanced for me. You might also try the new Steam VR field of view modifier as Gagryn mentioned upthread. I had trouble with it but you might be all right, and get a decent boost in performance.
    Here’s a chart I’ve found pretty handy.
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/b972abe4-9cf3-4f6e-aac6-0f08664d6942-jpeg.12259/

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes same problem with VR trackside replay not following the cars.
    But I can switch cams manually by pressing plus or minus key on numpad. Should switch automatically of course or there should be an option where you can decide between automatic or manual.
    Plus: Sometimes trackside view is blurry because of a weird depth of field effect
    Plus: sometimes trackside view is blocked because cam is directly behind a track mashall
    Plus: often trackside replay is stuttering because of bad framerate, although while driving my PC can handle the graphics. Would be nice if we could reduce gaphics settings for replays only or if they could optimize the replay performance
    Plus: (a bit off-topic ;-)) Would be cool if we could manally steer the camera in showroom. The automatic camera makes me dizzy in VR there...

EDIT: should mention that I mean the replay function during a race and not the replay after a race. Would be nice if the replay would be longer (from the very beginning, start of the race and not only the last view seconds/minutes/laps... Or if we could set the maximum replay length somewhere...)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ScythieVR

ScythieVR New Member

+1 replay camera doesn't follow the car in VR.. HP G1 + 6900xt..

8. Nikos4Life

Nikos4Life New Member

Good afternoon everyone!

First of all I'm going to introduce myself, I'm Miguel and I'm completely new to this simulator, but I've been simracing for many years.

I exclusively use VR so I directly come here looking for help and advice for it.

The simulator I've been using for the last year is iRacing and in my opinion it works exceptionally well in VR.

This afternoon I made the jump to AMS2, I still have a lot to process, read and understand. But it is true that the first impact in terms of visual quality in VR has been totally disappointing.

I don't know what might be malfunctioning but with my current HP G2 viewfinder, I see horribly blurry compared to crystal clear in iRacing.

Does this make any sense to you guys?

Is there something obvious that I'm overlooking?

I really think I can get to have a ton of fun with AMS2 but if I can't get rid of that blurriness I don't think I'll spend any more time on it until I get it right.

Any graphic settings I should configure?

Any cockpit view parameters? I thought I read something about the view from the helmet and maybe it's something about that?

My equipment is:

9900K @ 5.2
    3090 kingpin
    32GB @ 3800 CL14

SteamVR settings:

Resolution = 100%

The settings are not maxed out on the sim but even then I can't get rid of the blur either.

Best,
    Miguel

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RJVan

RJVan New Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried the Steam VR FOV modifier and I got the same double vision you got, until I also installed the Beta of the WMR for Steam app. Apparently, you need to have both Betas for it to work correctly. It now is fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You need to use sharpening in an ini-file. Search for „sharpen“ in the thread to get more info about which file exactly…

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nikos4Life

Nikos4Life New Member

Hi Mike!

Which value seems fine?

I am using:

<prop name="SharpeningStrength" sharpeningstrength="2.500000" />
    <prop name="SharpeningClamp" sharpeningclamp="1.000000" />
    <prop name="OffsetBias" offsetbias="1.000000" />

I have noticed that using the SMAA High I can see better?

Makes any sense?

Best,
    Miguel

12. MREis

MREis New Member

Hi just some things:
    • Textures from spray in Rain Race seem low fidelity when behind a car
    • Smoke from tires is not shown for me while driving
    • as "Agreed" above, the messages/text is extremley near and also due to that I guess seems kind of double visioned (like breaks running hot and so on from the pit)
    • the Main Menu will get stretched depending on HMD and Display Resolutions ( its not proportional)
    • no PP need would be awsome for Steam VR (and Canted Display HMDs like die Pimax 8Kx)
    • VR DLSS for more FPS and or Eyecandy ;-)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

To your 3rd point, I think there is a tweaked version of the VR config files on Race Department that sets everything a little further away.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MREis

MREis New Member

Thanks I will look for that! (and update a link if I get it)

• Like Like x 1
  15. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Installed recommended Win 1909 with WDDM 2.6 on another SSD and i am blown away, G2 on 100% SS hittin nearly 90 FPS, same medium Settings from my W20H2 Installation, first time Rtx3080 reachin 99%

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. SimRacingJunckie

SimRacingJunckie New Member

Hi is there a step by step guide to do this somewhere?

18. ScythieVR

ScythieVR New Member

Thank you for the advice! Where to find detailed information, here on forum?

19. Rasmus Juel Andersen

Rasmus Juel Andersen New Member

Not sure what to do regarding the older windows build optimization thing Mikk was talking about, but just beware that rolling back to Win 1909 will expose you to a lot of security threats
    Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909

thought I would mention since this is a public forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. ScythieVR

ScythieVR New Member

..well, have no issues teaching 100% with Radeon on latest Win build

• Agree Agree x 1