Lastest GHub Version Crash AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Arthur Eduardo, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Arthur Eduardo

Arthur Eduardo Your Brazilian Sim Racer

Yes! I'm very familiar with this kind of issues. Before Med School I was the IT guy. With that said I can say that I've deleted every Logitech entry in RegEdit before attepting anything within every try. Funny thing is: after one whole year with the G29 that's the very first time anything like this happened to me. And as a Brazilian, I can't afford to buy Thrustmaster with actually support from the company. My dream wheel was the T300RS GT, but is way too expensive and if anything happens (mal functions) we don't have Thrustmaster support.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

To be honest, my friend "solved" the problem by a full windows reinstall on his, luckily, gaming only PC and deactivation of LGS updates.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arthur Eduardo

FFB not working with LGS (9.02.65) in Assetto Corsa (and Competizione). Just tested it. Since G Hub is still working with AC and ACC, guess I'll keep it installed and wait for G Hub updates and AMS2 updates as well. Well, that's too bad. AMS2 was my second main simulator since I was able to drive Brazilian content "from the source".

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I don't understand the lack of force feedback, as I use LGS with a G29 and it all works fine (note that I've never used G-Hub though).

Mine's 9.02.65

5. Andrex

Andrex New Member

I had the same problem after gHub did an update, wheel was working fine in gHub but not in my sims, I tryed AMS2 (Freeze at loading screen), AC (no wheel detected), rF2 (no wheel detected).
    My solution:
    I deinstalled gHub, deleted my AMS Dokumentfolder (made backup copys from my VR and Graphics Files configs), downloaded the Logitech driver LGS_9.02xxxxxx, install and reboot and my G29 is runnig well again

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  6. Arthur Eduardo

Patch 1.2 still didn't work for me.

Is there an alternative like: Reiza contact Logitech Support? I believe that the companies might have some open communication easier than consumer level to solve things out. I don't know.

Of course I've already downloaded Assetto Corsa Tracks from RaceDepartment and Assetto Corsa Club but c'mon guys... Can you help a fellow Brazilian out? I've invested in Season Pass for believing in you and because I know you guys can do an amazing job. Pls help. :(

7. Alex291190

Alex291190 New Member

Hey I have the same problem, just bought and tried to play around with the new DLC but quite simple cannot just now. Unfortunately i only really had tonight free so have to wait a few days before i can play it. I guess i'm looking forward to a Fanatec :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@Arthur Eduardo a couple of guys reported already this, the fix is quite easy.
    You just need to install a previous version of GHub, the one prior the last update should work (if not go back until you find one working).
    Look here for reference: Automobilista Error and the Logitech G29
    GHub is a pain in the ass lately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Arthur Eduardo

After days struggling: it worked! Thanks everyone who tried to help in anyway possible.

Step by step fix:
    Go to Logitech Support (Logitech G Hub) Logitech G HUB
    2. Click in "Show All Downloads", choose you OS version (Windows 10 in my particular case) and scroll down until you find Software Version 2021.3.5164
    Download and install Logitech G Hub Software Version 2021.3.5164
    4. Immediately go to Settings and unmark the "Activate Auto Updates" checkbox.
    5. Reconfigure every hardware you like and you're good to go.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy for you! Now get in the cockpit and enjoy the update, fiiinaaaally. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Arthur Eduardo

YEEEEES!!! And thank you, @CrimsonEminence :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. André Lincoln

André Lincoln New Member

I had exactally the same problem. The steps above also solve this issue for me. Thank you!!!!

13. Ereb Tuzci

Ereb Tuzci New Member

Finally that worked.Thank you soooooo much :D

14. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

I just wanted to drop in and advise that I have had the same issue. I am going to rollback my GHub software as it seems that'll likely fix it.

I was incorrectly thinking it was introduced by the recent big update to AMS2, but that was my assumption as I hadn't run AMS2 for some time before. For me, the behaviour is inconsistent - I'll get a freeze about one-in-two launches. It's enough to be incredibly annoying, though!

15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Obrigado! This solved my issue mate, thank you a lot!

16. Matt_EU

Matt_EU New Member

I use LG HUB for other periphials. I have Fanatec wheel and Thrustmaster T-LCM.
    I have the same problem but I have a different solution for freezing problem.

If I restart PC and start AMS2 it freezes.

Solution:

First start ACC, and then immediately exit ACC.
    Start AMS2. It doesn't freeze if I do it that way.

Why does that work?

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Does ACC set something different as a default application for G-Hub?

The issues could be related to AMS2 not being default application for G-Hub i read at discord by @steelreserv

18. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

So this may be just particular to me, or with more people. But, I run two monitors and have ams2 on one and discord, oculus home RST, work email etc on the other. no issues until recently.

I started to get pop up notifications from G hub because apparently G Hub resets the mouse profile with every application, so any time i switched from ams2 to discord and back I would get a pop up.

So what I did was I set the persistent profile to AMS2 default. The pop ups stopped and I haven't had problems.

It may not help everybody or even be a global solution, but with the persistent notifications and mouse curser speed switches, it could be.

19. Matt_EU

Matt_EU New Member

I don't have any profiles in GHub. I need it only for webcam setup. Stupid webcam doesn't work 100% if I install drivers only. It "needs" g hub for proper resolution and framerate. Don't have any game profiles there. I can force close it (kill the process) but that doesn't work.

1. Start Assetto Corsa Competizione.
    2. Exit.
    3. Start AMS2.

It works. Why? Don't have a clue. If I had a wheel I would understand but this is one of those bizarre situations without logical explanation.

20. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same problem, rolled back windows to the previous day when it was still working and switched off Logitech auto update… I guess I was lucky… so far it’s been working.