1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You bloody damn legend. I am gonna switch my TFAMS server to current date (script already changing day on every daily maintenance/reset), set alternating start times and real weather via sms_rotate and let you know of any issues.

Also I suppose we still need to have a DS update to pick the track rubbered-in state?

But one question remains...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Not implemented yet in any form of multi session.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Shriukan

Alright so I got sms_rotate to work (lib_rotate was giving me an error trying to determine lobby size. doesn't matter, commented it out. it's always the same track). Everything seems to be working fine however one thing bothers me.

I read that P sessions would run 2 days before set "RaceDate" and Q session 1 day before. Since I run a P session only I set the date 2 days ahead (so the 20th to run today's weather in P) but the session was indeed running on the 20th so I just reverted to run the current date.

Did I misread something? Is it just not yet enabled in MP?

4. Dave Stephenson

Usually means there is a track in the rotation that has less grage spots than the number of allowed users. Should just be a warning or are you getting an actual error and if what error?
    That's a client side thing, I'll have to check as I didn't implement it personally. It may depend on there being multiple sesions or a race session. There's some other bits to take care of before next update so I'll have a poke there while Im at it.

5. Shriukan

I might have been missing an entry in the file as it told me the rotate file was trying to pass a nil value (so non-existent entry i assume) and wouldn't load sms_rotate. Will need to re-enable to see what exactly the issue was. It was 1am and unlike the team i am notable to hammer on through the night in a concentrated manner xD

As for the P/Q/R date thing, alright. It is a quick change so no issues on my side.

6. Dave Stephenson

I'm not ruling out an issue but I didn't encounter it in my testing configs. Happy to look at one though if you want to attach the offender here or in a pm

nvm: I have one

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  7. Shriukan

Which file do you want? sms_rotate_config.json and server.cfg?

edit: ah. nice haha

8. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Yes!!! Thank you!

9. Dave Stephenson

can resolve it for now by explicitly setting time progression value for all sessions. I'll try and get a build up in the morning with fix

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dave Stephenson

new build up fixing the nil reference error

11. Shriukan

Code:
    [2021-06-19 10:40:15] WARNING: Lua: lua\lib_rotate\lib_rotate.lua:182: attempt to index a nil value (global 'server')
    [2021-06-19 10:40:15] ERROR: Failed to read addon Lua file from 'lua\sms_rotate\sms_rotate.lua'

I updated the DS. I see the new updated lib_rotate.lua file. I never touched the sms_rotate.lua file.
    I am wondering if I am missing an entry in the server.cfg or sms_rotate_config.json files.

Edit: Commenting out lines 182-192 of lib_rotate.lua fixed the issue again since there is no grid size check. I hope it isn't too big of a brain breaker.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  12. Dave Stephenson

Gridsize/Maxplayers are expected to be set from the main server config and remain constant.The trackid in rotate configs should be the text version not the numeric id.

13. Shriukan

Alright. Gonna test and report back in a bit. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shriukan

So I removed the out-commenting, I removed gridsize/maxplayers from sms_rotate_data.json and changed Nurbs24h from the numerical value to the track name as seen on the api. Still gives me the same error as above.

Could it be that "GridSize" and/or "MaxPlayers" are the wrong names to use in server.cfg and are thus not recognised? Or an issue from having both set to 16 (which in theory should just ignore all of line 182 in lib_rotate)?

15. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

To run multi class instead of a single one.....is this only done within the server confg?

Attached Files:

16. Dave Stephenson

VehicleClassId must conatin only a single class.

An additional 9 classes can be specified by using MultiClassSlots and MultiClassSlotX to define the classes

upload_2021-6-19_17-53-44.png

You must define them in the default part in order to be able to override them later though you can set slots to 0 as in the shot above in the default session and override it for specific events later just make sure you have enough of them defined to cover what you need in the events if you will have different selections per event.

17. Dave Stephenson

Your config launches clean for me on latest version, please double check all instances were cleanly exitied and validate files.

they are correct: http://localhost:9000/api/list/attributes/session

18. Shriukan

-I closed the DS
    -Ran steamcmd and validated the files (Lines 182-192 in lib_rotate.lua are uncommented)
    -I rebooted the whole server
    -Upon checking my screen instance for the server, it still gives me the error.

To be honest, for something so small, I don't mind leaving the block out as it isn't causing any harm. I do appreciate you looking into it though. It might just be an instance of Wine64 and/or Debian playing weird with a windows program.

19. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

@Shriukan I dont get the error either, mate. We always use the server.cfg pretty much only for Grid & Players. I moved everything I could to the rotate file.
    upload_2021-6-19_18-3-53.png

Everything else goes in the rotate file, per below.

Your server config still has some date, progression, and weather slots information. Perhaps move it ALL to the rotate similar to this:
    upload_2021-6-19_18-3-11.png

20. Shriukan

Hmmm no hurt in cleaning up and removing double entries. I’ll try that tomorrow.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1