1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Have not watched this yet, but would imagine it could be useful:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Ich hab ein super ffb mit dd1 . Dämpfer im Spiel raus nur mit ndp und noch fanalab Dämpfung dazu von 100 bis 300 km/h ca 50%

3. Danielkart

Im Spiel alles auf 0 setzen ausser fx sonst gibt es oszillieren. Fx ca.30

4. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

my problem with the default is the pendulum effect I experience around the centre of the wheel. I have to drive like i am on a see-saw.

The default isn't that bad but this stops me from using it

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bizarrely I seem to get large mid corner oversteer using the default. I've dabbled with that Rfuktor custom file and that seems to offer some resistance around the centre and stops this mid corner oversteer. Tbh, I just need to stop going between the two as they've both got their positives but I'm getting somewhat confused now with which direction I'm going. I would just like something that's got road detail but not bumpy and notchy. Something that the default is unfortunately, BUT it does transfer a lot of road detail which i like! I guess that means turn down the FX?

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

What I'm trying to say is that the in-game damping is causing that. Turn it off and use only on-wheel damping and it will get rid of the pendulum effect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. inthebagbud

Not for me it doesnt . Revisited this morning for a test and couldnt get rid of it. Ended up back with my custom file. It will no doubt be car and track dependent so not much point chasing it down.

Thanks for the advice though

• Like Like x 1
  8. RodentYell

RodentYell New Member

Don't know if its been picked up earlier, I use transducers for pedals and under seat, and what I have noticed is the effect from them is far greater in when watching a replay rather when actually driving, abit bizarre if you ask me, also the effects and strenght is far better as well, for example when changing gear you really notice it in replays but barely notice it when driving, would be nice for the overall feeling and strenght in replays would be also at that level when driving..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Danielkart

Pendeleffekte. = Lenkeinschlag reduzieren

10. Marc Collins

Typically, that is a sign of too-little LFB, but can also be affected by Damping. Did you follow the set-up instructions I posted above or the ones in the video (that unfortunately does not include Damping due to his DD wheel settings)? Please share your settings.

Since the most recent updates, the feel at the centre of the wheel is now very similar to AMS or rF2 on my wheel with my settings.

11. inthebagbud

I would under default use

Gain - 30
    LFB - 20
    FX -25
    Damper - 50/100 - depending on car

however, i run a custom that helps to catch the over rotation which i suffer from and slides better

Attached Files:

12. Alex76

Alex76 Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been through the same process and arrived back at the default with much higher damping than I would run in other sims, 50% natural damping for DD1 when I have it set to 15-20% for everything else.

Full settings are:
    DD1
    FF 75
    LIN OFF
    NDP 50
    NFR 3
    NIN 7
    INT 4
    FEI 90

AMS2
    Gain 40
    LFB 0
    FX 50
    Damping 0

I think the mid corner oversteer thing is also partly a setup issue, generally too little differential preload and/or too high coast ramp angle. I find that is the case for most cars with LSDs in AMS2. I think that is just masked by the Rfuktor files which offer more resistance to turning the wheel, but can also be dialled out with setup and isn't as pronounced with higher damping on the default, which feels more natural to me overall.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. RodentYell

RodentYell New Member

Was I imagining things last week when I was able to use the Retro V12 with auto clutch and now I can't?

14. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Hi, I was wondering what setting do people recommend on damping for the TS-PC racer. Was using 100% on driver (in my experience it didn't make much difference changing that in most games), and 0 in game, and it feels good, but not sure what is generally recommended.

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For this wheel, ingame 0 might be completeley fine. This function is more fitted for 8+ Nm wheels from CSW 2.5 to DDs. The AMS2-damping is also a bit "different", it's designed to only apply for very fast movements/accelerations.

16. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

And leave it at 100% in the driver? I had it like that and thought it was fine, but just checking.

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The damping channel at 100 is often just this...a channel which a game needs to use to take actual effect, but most send their damping signal through the main pipeline (also AMS2 does) so leaving it at 100 is fine often (despite much urban legend around this). (No idea if Thrustmaster handles it differently, could be, they add own damping through there, but if it feels fine, there is no reason to change it.)

18. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

this helped a lot with my g27 and heavy messing custom file by nuscorpii

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Neil Rosson

Neil Rosson Member AMS2 Club Member

Still not getting on wit this games FFB T300RS. No feeling of grip in the corners or during breaking. Any tips to induce this?

20. Marc Collins

Settings? Which of the many suggestions for this wheel, detailed above over the past few months, have you already tried?